howthewestwaswon
Adelaide Hawk
Aristotle Ablett
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

One Club Empty One Club

Post by Aristotle Ablett Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:21 pm

Isn't part of the 'One Club' agreement that Port Power won't favour Port Magpies in its dealings?????????????????????????????????
Out of 7 or 8 players reported training with Port Power for Rookie spots, 5 are from Port Magpies!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not a misprint, ladies and gentleman, I said 5. Five from a low-range SANFL club, 1 from the premiers!!!!!

AND: Wait to see more coming about this when Port announce their Magpie signings. That will be fun, F.U.N Very Happy lol! scratch

(Stand clear of the fan) One Club 506203483 One Club 3991484760
Aristotle Ablett
Aristotle Ablett

Back to top Go down

One Club Empty Re: One Club

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:40 pm

Just a question. Apart from Cachia, who else from Norwood would you have training with the Power?
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:01 pm

I think they're doing you a favour, aren't they? You get to keep your good players, and have a crack at another flag, whilst the Magpies sink deeper into oblivion.

If you're talking about transfer or drafted player fees (if there is still such a thing), the Magpies haven't been able to recruit very well for the past decade or so anyway. Not only that, they can't recruit anyone for twelve months due to their salary cap breech.

I just think it shows the desperation the Power must be feeling after losses of millions of dollars, falling crowds etc.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:24 pm

I was just interested in which Norwood players should be considered for an AFL rookie spot.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Ablett Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:49 pm

Adelaide Hawk wrote:Just a question. Apart from Cachia, who else from Norwood would you have training with the Power?

Aha!!! A very good question which can only be answered by pointing out that I chose Norwood as an example, but could just as easily have said "from the other 8 clubs'. Very sloppy of me and you have quite correctly corrected my vagueness geek study One Club 3136717439
Aristotle Ablett
Aristotle Ablett

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:03 pm

No, I'm not trying to point anything out to anyone. I'm just interested if anyone thinks there are other players from Norwood who possibly should be training with AFL clubs. That's all I'm interested in.

Who are the 5 Magpies players training with the Power?
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:39 pm

Is this the same club that the Chairman who lives and Works in Sydney blasted the SANFL commision yesterday
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:06 pm

Adelaide Hawk wrote:I was just interested in which Norwood players should be considered for an AFL rookie spot.

i would have thought Norwood at full strength would have beaten GWS, Gold Coast, Melbourne & PORT this year, so in short AH maybe half the team
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:51 am

I doubt very much that an SANFL team could defeat an AFL side, no matter how poor they are.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:18 pm

If it is true that Port Adelaide will recruit Liam Jurrah for the Port Magpies, then the proverbial will hit the fan.

You have to wonder about the management of the Club and whether the7've even read their Licence Agreement with the SANFL. I thought Port Magpies weren't to be given advantages over the other SANFL clubs from this agreement.

On top of an impending look at the recruiting of Henrty Slattery and the plethora of potential rookies from the Magpies training at Alberton, we now have what appears to be an obvious breach of that nderstanding.

On top of that, how can Port fit him in the salary cap? The were $20K over, have lost Wilson and Dolling, but will have potentially recruited Slattery, Hayes and now Jurrah.

I think the other 8 SANFL clubs might be lining up with a few questions for the Power's Reserve side.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:46 pm

redandblack wrote:If it is true that Port Adelaide will recruit Liam Jurrah for the Port Magpies, then the proverbial will hit the fan.

You have to wonder about the management of the Club and whether the7've even read their Licence Agreement with the SANFL. I thought Port Magpies weren't to be given advantages over the other SANFL clubs from this agreement.

On top of an impending look at the recruiting of Henrty Slattery and the plethora of potential rookies from the Magpies training at Alberton, we now have what appears to be an obvious breach of that nderstanding.

On top of that, how can Port fit him in the salary cap? The were $20K over, have lost Wilson and Dolling, but will have potentially recruited Slattery, Hayes and now Jurrah.

I think the other 8 SANFL clubs might be lining up with a few questions for the Power's Reserve side.

They also lost probably one of their highest paid players in Jeremy Clayton...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:13 pm

True, but they would still have trouble.

Phil, what do you think about the main point of what I'm saying? I thought the 'merger' was only supposed to benefit 'administratively'?
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:19 pm

they will always back stab everyone else, just remember a leopard never changes its spot !
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:23 pm

This is a farce. They are demonstrating either a complete disregard for or complete lack of understanding of their agreement with the SANFL. And if Port Magpies were up near the top of the ladder I think SANFL fans would be less blase about it.
The Power can't say they'll provide Jurrah with off-field and rehab support while he plays with the Magpies, that directly goes against the agreement. How many times do these guys need to be told.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:29 pm

Under the new model, the administrative and commercial operations of the two clubs will be combined, however the football operations will remain separate from each other and be run independently of each other

That is an excerpt from the original announcement by Port about the merger.

If they don't even know the terms of the agreement, no wonder they stuff up so many things.

I'll look forward to the comments from the CEO's of the other SANFL clubs.

Prediction: It will cots them in money terms and the SANFL will need to put out a statement.

I have no problem with Jurrah playing in the SANFL, in fact it would be excitig, but all clubs should have an equal chance, not just be told he's going tio play for 'our SANFL team'.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:35 pm

redandblack wrote:True, but they would still have trouble.

Phil, what do you think about the main point of what I'm saying? I thought the 'merger' was only supposed to benefit 'administratively'?

It's interesting. I wonder if the Power would still be as supportive of Jurrah if he wanted to play for another SANFL club other than Port Magpies.

Last edited by Big Phil on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:32 pm

have a feeling this is just a start of whats going to happen in the future Sad
blacky
blacky

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:56 pm

Big Phil wrote:
redandblack wrote:True, but they would still have trouble.

It's interesting. I wonder if the Power would still be as supportive of Jurrah if he nominated that he wanted to play for another SANFL club other than Port Magpies.

They wouldn't !!

Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:34 pm

From 2010:

Director of the Port Adelaide Magpies, John Firth, told 891 Breakfast the approving vote from SANFL Directors was welcome news.

"I was the only one to vote for it last time, but everyone joined with me last night," Mr Firth said.

"It was a unanimous decision and one very good for South Australian footy."

Mr Firth reinforced that the rejoining of the teams would not affect the on field operations of the clubs, with only administration and off field management merging. "It's commercial and administrative rather than football."

That didn't last long, did it?
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:38 pm

This is all talk unless all the clubs draw a line in the sand on this matter.

Having said that, the SANFL should not need pressure from the clubs to deal with this issue. It is blatant
oldfella
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:38 pm

Not that more neeeds to be said, but anyway....

Under the proposal, the merger of Port Adelaide and Port Adelaide Magpies would be an administrative and commercial amalgamation only, delivering no football advantages to the Power over the Adelaide Football Club or to the Magpies over the other eight SANFL Clubs.

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:55 pm

Link to the Power site that clearly explains what R&B is quoting

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6038/newsid/105240/default.aspx
oldfella
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by C.K Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:05 pm

I might be a lone voice on this one, but I really think some of the main points have been missed in this.

Liam Jurrah's situation is a more unique one than many are giving credit for. We are all aware of what he is facing off-field at present and how his AFL career came to an end. Both AFL clubs have advised they will not draft him, but he wants to continue in the main trade he has known all his life in the hope of getting back to the top level.

The Port Adelaide Football Club, whichever arm we look at, is offering him a support network at a very trying time. Can any other SANFL club confidently say they can offer him the full and complete support he needs at present? Certainly, some clubs can afford him financially, but can they afford to devote the sufficient resources he requires overall?

There is a strong perception that this is an advantage for the Port Magpies, but realistically how many clubs CAN afford him at all levels? Is the main purpose surely to give Liam Jurrah the best support he needs overall?

I believe this is the best outcome for the player, and am surprised at some views overall on this one. He needs support from a club that is prepared to offer him that at all levels, and I do not believe other SANFL clubs can offer that without AFL club support behind them.
C.K
C.K

Back to top Go down

Post by lachlan Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:08 pm

R7B and Co.

I agree this is a farce. How the Power can manipulate Jurrah going to Port is totally wrong. No other SANFL club can do that.

Secondly how they can afford Slattery, Hayes and Jurrah is beyond me.
If True I also believe that Slattery will be working for the Power and also playing for the Magpies. Once again if true this not right
lachlan
lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:14 pm

Were any of them asked? Were any of them offered assistance to play him?

Why are Port Magpie 'recruits' announced by the Power? Why are they announced as playing for 'our SANFL team'?

Did Port Adelaide discuss this with the SANFL first? (If they did, I'd be happy to moderate my comments).

Add to this the likely recruiting of Henry Slattery to Port Magpies under interesting circumstances and the plethora of Magpie players at Port training, I'm not convinced. Hoiw does all of this fit in with 'administrative co-operation only?

Will Port 'assist' the Magpies to keep Jurrah within the salary cap? A delisted AFL player is generally a well-paid player.

As I said, I have no problem with LIam playing in the SANFL, in fact it will be exciting watching him play, but this is exactly, repeat exactly, what was not supposed to happen.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next