1st Preliminary Final - Hawthorn v Adelaide, Saturday 22 September @ 4:45pm, MCG

+5
Gingernuts
Paul
BloodnTars
waddayamean
Brucetiki
9 posters

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

1st Preliminary Final - Hawthorn v Adelaide, Saturday 22 September @ 4:45pm, MCG - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st Preliminary Final - Hawthorn v Adelaide, Saturday 22 September @ 4:45pm, MCG

Post by A Mum Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:41 pm

Sooo close Sad
A Mum
A Mum

Teams : Adelaide Crows - South Adelaide
My club : crows

Back to top Go down

1st Preliminary Final - Hawthorn v Adelaide, Saturday 22 September @ 4:45pm, MCG - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st Preliminary Final - Hawthorn v Adelaide, Saturday 22 September @ 4:45pm, MCG

Post by BloodnTars Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:06 pm

Great effort by the crows tonight. They are having a field day on that other site but I couldn't be more prouder of the guys after tonights effort. If you had said to me at the start of the year that we would play in a prelim final, I would have laughed at you. Come back bigger and better next year.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:18 pm

I'm with you B 'n' T and seriously Jim (the Essendon supporter) would have to be the biggest tool on the planet.
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:23 pm

Great effort. I thought Porplyzia was terrific.

Just a few crucial fumbles at crucial times cost us, but their goal kicking helped a fair bit.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:49 pm

What a superb effort by Adelaide today. They never gave up and threw everything they had at Hawthorn and left nothing out there. As supporters that's all we ask for.

What an awesome year. Preseason flag, 2nd on the ladder after the minor round, under a goal away from a gf appearance, 2 all Australians, 2 Brownlow contenders, and the rising star winner.

We are back and hopefully we are on our way to achieving big things. Sign Tippett, inject Crouch into the midfield and we should be around the mark for a few years to come.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Harpo Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:39 pm

Great game to watch
Harpo
Harpo

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:57 pm

I wish I could write in all caps 'what a game', and while it was an epic encounter, once again we fall agonisingly short - we've lost our last 3 finals in Victoria by a combined margin of about 11 (tonight's margin the biggest of the margins).

Adelaide was fantastic. Their efficiency inside 50 was outstanding in the first quarter while Hawthorn wasted many opportunities. The Crows kept up the pace with the Hawks in the second quarter, and when Walker kicked that goal after the half time siren, the Punt Road end of the ground was going absolutely bananas - the atmosphere was electric.

The third quarter was what ultimately costed Adelaide the game. Hawthorn flexed it's muscle and Adelaide started to struggle. To their credit, we fought back, and when Porplyzia got gifted that goal from a Hawthorn brain fade, it sparked us.

Unfortunately we just ran out of time so we're left to rue that poor third quarter which ultimately costed us.

All up, I am very proud of the side today. While they can be proud of what they did, they must learn from the mistakes and learn that in finals, drop that little bit and it will cost you.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2