+4
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Flag No.10
Lee
Thiele
8 posters

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Go down

AFL Grand Final: Adelaide v Richmond - Saturday 30 September @ MCG Empty AFL Grand Final: Adelaide v Richmond - Saturday 30 September @ MCG

Post by Brucetiki Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:25 pm

Adelaide v Richmond
Saturday 30 September
MCG

2:00pm Adelaide Time
2:30pm Melbourne Time

Strips
Adelaide: Home
Richmond: Clash

2017 Meeting
Round 6: Adelaide 21.14.140 d Richmond 10.4.64 @ Adelaide Oval

For the first time in 19 years Adelaide are in the Grand Final. Richmond join them after a 35 year absence. Who will be the AFL Premier in 2017

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

AFL Grand Final: Adelaide v Richmond - Saturday 30 September @ MCG Empty Re: AFL Grand Final: Adelaide v Richmond - Saturday 30 September @ MCG

Post by bayman Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:00 pm

Adelaide to win comfortably, lets say 6 or 7 goals, Crouch to get the Norm Smith.....I can't see why Richmond has to wear the ''reversed jumper'' to me they aren't even that close to worry about it.....i'd take the fine & play in the traditional jumper if i were them
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

AFL Grand Final: Adelaide v Richmond - Saturday 30 September @ MCG Empty Re: AFL Grand Final: Adelaide v Richmond - Saturday 30 September @ MCG

Post by Thiele Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:52 am

Go Crows. Either B.Crouch or Rory Laird for the Norm SMith
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:03 pm

Afl grand final thread & only 2 posts before the match, obviously not too many interested, I'm happy Richmond crushed Adelaide, obviously having a reserves in the sanfl helped
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:34 pm

Well I certainly wasn't terribly interested and what a miserable effort they put up. Once Richmond got on top, in the 2nd quarter, no one seemed to offer much resistance.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:38 pm

Adelaide fumbled from early on and were smashed around the clearances, despite Jacobs dominating the hitouts. Richmond got numbers to the contest all day and Adelaide's decision making was putrid.

Australia just can't manage to produce a credible, unbiased commentary. It was like watching a Richmond home video.

Sloane. Crouch x 2, Laird and Jacobs were OK. Not many others.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:00 pm

I have been banging on for years to anyone who'll listen about the irrelevance of ruckmen in the modern game and I can't think of a better Exhibit A for my case than Jacobs today. They couldn't get near him, half the time they conceded to him by putting Griggs up against him, and it didn't matter a jot. Complete ruck dominance and an 8-goal smashing.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:55 am

You only realise how important ruckman are when they are out injured
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:52 pm

I think Adelaide is going to struggle going forward with Jenkins.

Sure he kicks some goals, and he looks ok when he leads and kicks a few going back into the goalsquare. But he looks so hopelessly out of sorts with everything else. This in a GF becomes a huge liability. I reckon his form over the last 2 weeks in particular has been very average.

He gets outbodied in marking contests and is often not even in a position to contest. I don't think I have seen a decent defensive action from him.

I reckon he and Walker make them too top heavy and lack mobility in the forward line.

I'd be looking to trade him.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:37 pm

Yesterday was quite gutting to be honest. Full credit to Richmond they played outstanding footy, as they had all finals, and are deserved Premiers.

What an awful day to play that badly. 19 year wait to get back to a Grand Final - and that's what they serve up.

And contrary to what many Crows supporters are saying, the umpiring was not that bad. A couple of average calls, but they didn't affect the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:39 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:I think Adelaide is going to struggle going forward with Jenkins.

Sure he kicks some goals, and he looks ok when he leads and kicks a few going back into the goalsquare. But he looks so hopelessly out of sorts with everything else. This in a GF becomes a huge liability. I reckon his form over the last 2 weeks in particular has been very average.

He gets outbodied in marking contests and is often not even in a position to contest. I don't think I have seen a decent defensive action from him.

I reckon he and Walker make them too top heavy and lack mobility in the forward line.

I'd be looking to trade him.

He needs to be given an ultimatum by the club - his football career or his media career.  The output we get from him is average at best, and at times you have to wonder if he wants to be a football, or would rather focus his attention on basketball and his NBL commentary commitments.

If he gets put up for trade, what could the Crows expect to get for him?

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:31 am

Brucetiki wrote:

If he gets put up for trade, what could the Crows expect to get for him?

While I very much doubt he'll be going anywhere, dare I suggest with tongue firmly planted in cheek Kurt Tippet
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:49 pm

What I consider the turning point of the game
AC 4-3
RI 2-3

Sloane pinpoints a pass to Lynch , marks the ball ,35 out
Most times Lynch would nail the goal, his shot a shocker for a point
AC 4-4
RI 2-3
Adelaide were playing the better football , had Lynch converted , it may have changed the result

RI worked the ball out of defence to a contest between Riewoldt and Talia near the wing
Talia was held by the jumper by Riewoldt NO FREE
Somehow Riewoldt gave Talia the slip, and marked in the forward pocket just after that contest
Riewoldt did one of those around the body kicks  that went through for goal
There was no Adelaide player on the goal line for an interception

It could have been
AC 5-3
RI 2-3

It became
AC 4-4
RI 3-3

Richmond deserved the win but did get some favorable umpiring 50/50 free kicks when the game was there to be won
The Eddie Betts non free kick for holding the man just b4 half time was a crucial miss by the umps
AC would have been 3 points down not 9 at half time

Having said all that, the way RI finished the game off, AC prob needed to be 4-5 goals up to hang on for a win
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:58 pm

Turning point of the match for me was when The Crows wouldn't do what all kids a taught for defending a shot on goal....that being stand on the goal line & at most times have the taller players doing that, so basic it's comical, if you can't do the basics right how are you going to win, while I agree with Scrappy that Betts should have got a kick it isn't the umpiring that stopped Adelaide getting the basics wrong
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:07 pm

Scrappy wrote:What I consider the turning point of the game
AC 4-3
RI 2-3

Sloane pinpoints a pass to Lynch , marks the ball ,35 out
Most times Lynch would nail the goal, his shot a shocker for a point
AC 4-4
RI 2-3
Adelaide were playing the better football , had Lynch converted , it may have changed the result

It clearly should have been a 50 metre penalty to Lynch. Even Mark Maclure, no lover of Adelaide, said so on the ABC radio coverage. The umpires never missed a free to Richmond in the second quarter but missed a number to the Crows. Having said that Richmond were much too good after half time.

One of the main reasons I thought Richmond won was the dominance of their less heralded experienced players. I thought Houli was best on the ground and Shane Edwards was in the best four on the ground. In fact Terry Wallace gave them best and second best in the Norm Smith Medal. Compare their efforts with the Adelaide "second tier" experienced players. A couple of the Crows from this group were non existent. They weren't the only Crows to let the club down but they were players who could have and should have done much better.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:18 pm

Yes Lynch was collected high after he marked the ball

Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down