[ 7 ]
Kurt Tippett - Page 3 I_vote_lcap43%Kurt Tippett - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 43% 
[ 6 ]
Kurt Tippett - Page 3 I_vote_lcap7%Kurt Tippett - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 14

Kurt Tippett - Page 3 Empty Re: Kurt Tippett

Post by Ben W Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:34 pm

redandblack wrote:Only 48 hours to do a deal.

Will his trade be put on hold to the PreSeason Draft?
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:47 pm

No. It's either a trade now or into the pre-season draft with no trade.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:30 pm

there wont be a trade unless they get a player of the same ilk back, no draft picks will suffice
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:12 am

What a mess.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek

Back to top Go down

Post by A Mum Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:20 am

Would seem so pale
A Mum
A Mum

Teams : Adelaide Crows - South Adelaide
My club : crows

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:43 am

Ben W wrote:Caroline Wilson argued this out with Rowe and Cornes on the AA footy show stating that the above clause was in fact written into the contract to which they did not believe and argued against, it appears she was in fact correct.

I don't think the exit clause was in his contract (which would have to be lodged with the AFL I presume), I think it was in a separate letter of agreement.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:22 am

Great article by Carolyn Wilson in the Age today:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/we-sold-our-soul-on-tippett-deal-reid-20121024-285ve.html
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:59 am

Just how much of this is media beat up? I can't get a handle on it, everyone is just going batshit crazy on the rumour mill.

As far as I can see Adelaide:
- Hasn't breached the salary cap
- Agreed to trade Tippett for the equivalent of a compensation pick

The only thing they have done wrong is not disclosed the agreements to the AFL. A big one for sure, but surely only worthy of a substantial fine. I don't think Adelaide should have it's on field performance penalised for this indiscretion.

That said, the AFL loves making an example, so it wouldn't surprise me if they come down hard.

Surely Steven Trigg is gone after this latest effort.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:25 am

A statement sent to me as a member last night from the club:

I am writing to keep you informed and to thank you for your support and understanding during the AFL’s investigation into our Club’s contract arrangements with Kurt Tippett.

There is a lot that we want to tell you and feel obliged to tell you. When we can, we will.

Right now, I want to make very clear our position, our values and how we will conduct ourselves throughout the AFL investigation. It is in progress so that does limit me in how much I can say.

A key point to stress is that this matter came to light and is being investigated by the AFL as a direct result of the initiative of the Adelaide Football Club. We will continue to assist the investigation in every way that we can.

I want to make clear that our decision go to the AFL was not motivated by any threat of legal action.

As has been reported in the media, the AFL is investigating an agreement with Kurt and his management. We have told the AFL the circumstances surrounding it, how it came about and the effect that it had.

The Adelaide Football Club’s intent throughout was to comply fully with all AFL rules in the manner and process of our drafting, trading and player payments.

The Adelaide Football Club’s commitment to comply with the AFL’s rules is clearly evidenced by our Club’s exemplary 21-year record and reputation for total and willing compliance with all AFL rules that govern the draft, trading and player payments.

As soon as we are able, we will answer every question that you might have. Right now, we must respect the process of this important and necessary investigation.

We look forward to your continued support. We value it greatly, even more so in such difficult times as these.

Sincerely

STEVEN TRIGG
Chief Executive Officer

There still seems to be a lot more to this story than what is being reported in the newspapers.

Adelaide has always acted with honesty and integrity, until is see facts proving otherwise I will reserve my judgement.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:29 am

I don't believe for a minute that some external pressure, perceived or otherwise, led them to going to the AFL before they were caught out.
Flag No.10

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:33 am

I agree Flaggy. I still think that they must believe that they are in a strong position to defend themselves.

To me it seems that they are sick of being dicked around my Tippett & co. and so have gone to the AFL about it.

The reports this morning of Trigg & Reid forging deals without board knowledge do concern me though.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:53 am

Alot of the reporting from AdelaideNow and The Age tend to include a fair bit of sniping at each other in the process, with phrases like 'contrary to other media reports', or 'other media outlets are reporting x' common in articles about the situation.

Also, there are some incredibly varied claims in each paper. AdelaideNow (Rucci), is making a song and dance about a supposed third party deal with Joel Tippett, while The Age are pretty much claiming Joel Tippett has nothing to do with the investigation.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:16 am

Exactly. So much speculation and heresay.

In the middle of it all the AFC seem very keen to inform everyone of 'the full story' when the investigation concludes.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Tippett camp are leaking all sorts of information in an effort to support their cause and implicate Adelaide as the dirty dealer.

Perhaps I am wearing rose coloured glasses and being blindly loyal, but I refuse to believe that Adelaide are a club that does dodgy business.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:47 pm

Well the trade period has closed? The great Kurt Tippett is now homeless I assume.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:10 pm

Messy business all round. Adelaide will get nothing for Tippett, I'm guessing Tippett will be deregistered for a while, Adelaide will be fined and perhaps lose draft picks.

I hope you're right, GN, but I think that's a forlorn hope.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:20 pm

And so the Tippett saga extends beyond the month long trade period. FFS. Rolling Eyes

If all these allegations and rumours end up being true, then the AFC supporter base will go absolutely mental.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:36 pm

What is the deal with media outlets publishing comments from John Elliott and Ricky Nixon? I mean come on. What are they? Expert fraudsters?

The media have absolutely worked themselves up to fever pitch over this issue.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:51 pm

Thats because the masses are soaking it up.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:54 pm

The claims seem to centre around an email from John Reid to Tippett's manager.

Surely if the club can prove that Reid acted outside the auspices of the club and it's board then they have a chance to spare themselves serious reparations.

I mean, just as the AFL signs off on player contracts to make it valid, the club is also a signatory.

If they have not endorsed further 'agreements' between individuals then surely said agreements are rendered invalid.

For example I work for a local council - it's like me promising a company that I will spend 50k with them when I am only authorised to spend 2k. Anything over my limit needs higher management and/or elected member approval before it becomes valid. Without this my promise is empty and I would be subject to disciplinary action.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:55 pm

Booney wrote:Thats because the masses are soaking it up.

That they are Booney, that they are. Hell, I'm even checking the web every 5 mins for updates FFS. Laughing
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:30 pm

Sorry, I actually meant to say I don't believe for a minute that some external pressure DIDN'T lead to this. I don't think Adelaide suddenly felt remorseful about what they'd done.
Flag No.10

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:00 pm

Flag No.9 wrote:Sorry, I actually meant to say I don't believe for a minute that some external pressure DIDN'T lead to this. I don't think Adelaide suddenly felt remorseful about what they'd done.

Thank goodness for that. I thought you were getting soft Very Happy
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:09 pm

There hasn't been any proof that Adelaide have 'done' anything.

There is an email between an employee of theirs and a player manager and that's it. I'll wait for proof or an admission that they knowingly and willingly entered into an agreement outside of Tippett's main contract before passing judgement. Innocent until proven guilty.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:11 pm

The problem is we are only getting what the media are saying, what % of that is actually factual is anyones guess.

However, if it has happened that the AFC have done some or all of what is alleged then Trigg needs to step down immediately as his position will be untenable with the club and the AFC will need to bring in an appropriate person to deal with this issue. If the Gold Coast are in fact upset that they felt that the AFC was draft tampering to stop them getting Tippett then that is a fair and valid complaint if what is reported is correct weight.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:44 am

No this is not directly about Kurt Tippett but related.

What if (a big if) the Crows get all their draft picks taken away as a penalty (should they be found guilty) for salary cap / draft tampering breaches?

Then that would very probably throw a lifeline to Richard Tambling you would think. So that is good for the Double Blues I reckon. He being our B&F with a very good year behind him.

I reckon the Crows can't delist him now........at least not until this investigation's outcome is known.

Hopefully they don't delist him, penalty or no penalty.

If the draft pick sanction were imposed even for just this year, this probably gives some comfort to fringe Crows players and those like Tim McIntyre on the rookie list. Not sure if AFL rules prevent uprading rookie list blokes to fill holes left in their main list.

Boy has this saga taken twist after twist. It is better than your top shelf murder-mystery.

You can read renewed excitement in Mr Rucci's articles at present......he's like an ant with a cube of sugar!
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next