+3
Adelaide Hawk
Scrappy
coza
7 posters

Go down

career games and goals Empty career games and goals

Post by coza Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:32 pm

hi spelly do u have any stats on south adelaide. like career games and goals for every player thats played for them. and any outher clubs. the afl has stats on every player who has ever played. does the sanfl have a site or do u have stats that i could get my hands on. cheers mate
coza
coza

Back to top Go down

career games and goals Empty Re: career games and goals

Post by Scrappy Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:02 am

Welcome to TFSA Cozy
I can help a smidge 1877-2012

William Dedman kicked 10 goals for the season[South scored a total of 22 for the season]

Michael Wundke has 43 goals
Andrew Ainger has 36 goals
South still has 3 games left in the Minor Round, but it appears Wundke will top the chart in 2012

Last edited by Scrappy on Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:31 am

coza wrote:hi spelly do u have any stats on south adelaide. like career games and goals for every player thats played for them. and any outher clubs. the afl has stats on every player who has ever played. does the sanfl have a site or do u have stats that i could get my hands on. cheers mate

Due to available (or non available) information, it is nigh impossible to have a 100% accurate record of clubs, especially those going back to 1877 like South Adelaide. Some clubs have people who have been working on this for years. I have been extracting as much statistical information for Norwood and although I've done well with the goals kicked, games played become a very hard task when you start delving back to the 1890s, etc.

I would suggest you send a message to Wolves to ask him how much available information there is for South.

The VFL/AFL began in 1897 and accurate records were kept since day 1, that is why they can do it. Nobody really though about this in the SANFL until Ern Kolosche started compiling stats and information in the 1960s.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by jameshothersall Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:10 am

The VFL/AFL didn't keep records from the start. In 1996 Stephen Rodgers produced the 3 volume book that clarified many many errors in AFL records.

It wasn't until Col Hutchinson koined the AFL in 1992 that they cleaned up their records
jameshothersall
jameshothersall

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:15 pm

Welcome, jamesh.

Do you have an interest in SANFL stats, or just AFL/VFL?
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:15 pm

jameshothersall wrote:The VFL/AFL didn't keep records from the start. In 1996 Stephen Rodgers produced the 3 volume book that clarified many many errors in AFL records.

It wasn't until Col Hutchinson koined the AFL in 1992 that they cleaned up their records

Thanks James. I didn't mean the records were accurate, I meant they kept all the information, so when it came time to "get it right", they were able to do so.

BTW, I've seen the three volume set by Stephen Rodgers and found they contained a lot of incorrect data. The records now contained in AFL Lists are accurate.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by jameshothersall Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:29 pm

All leagues

What is interesting is that south australians believe in 'championship of australia' and even celebrate it.

No other state recognises these games as anything but end of season exhibitions.
jameshothersall
jameshothersall

Back to top Go down

Post by jameshothersall Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:14 pm

Adelaide Hawk wrote:
jameshothersall wrote:The VFL/AFL didn't keep records from the start. In 1996 Stephen Rodgers produced the 3 volume book that clarified many many errors in AFL records.

Thanks James. I didn't mean the records were accurate, I meant they kept all the information, so when it came time to "get it right", they were able to do so.

BTW, I've seen the three volume set by Stephen Rodgers and found they contained a lot of incorrect data. The records now contained in AFL Lists are accurate.

My understanding is norm sowdon most of the rarly player research and the VFl based records on his lists
jameshothersall
jameshothersall

Back to top Go down

Post by robranisgod Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:42 pm

jameshothersall wrote:All leagues

What is interesting is that south australians believe in 'championship of australia' and even celebrate it.

No other state recognises these games as anything but end of season exhibitions.

North Melbourne proudly display the 1975 Champions of Australia trophy in their clubrooms. They certainly believe in and celebrate it.
robranisgod
robranisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by jameshothersall Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:25 pm

There is nothing else to display at Arden St. Sp why not put a tin pot pot display

How come the NM players records in those games dont count towards career totals?
jameshothersall
jameshothersall

Back to top Go down

Post by FOOTYfollower Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:03 pm

Nothing else to display? I'm not a NM supporter, but they have won 4 premierships in the last 40 years, which is more than Collingwood, St Kilda, Richmond, Melbourne,Footscray, and Sydney/Sth Melb.

They've also had some of the greatest players of all time represent them - Carey, Blight, Cable, Greig.

FOOTYfollower
FOOTYfollower

Back to top Go down

Post by jameshothersall Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:12 pm

Good point.

I doubt the team bought by Allen Aylett gave a stuff about a NFL sponsored junkett. The COA was good if the underdogs won..... Sadly only happened once and in a tournament ruined by Mal Brown.
jameshothersall
jameshothersall

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down