Adelaide Hawk
bayman
howthewestwaswon
Southee
Big Phil
Admin
13 posters

Go down

Round 20: Norwood v South - Friday 10 August 2012 @ Coopers Stadium Empty Round 20: Norwood v South - Friday 10 August 2012 @ Coopers Stadium

Post by Admin Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Round 20: Norwood v South - Friday 10 August 2012 @ Coopers Stadium Norwood_logoVRound 20: Norwood v South - Friday 10 August 2012 @ Coopers Stadium 3486-300x123

Friday 10 August
Coopers Stadium

Reserves: 4:55pm
League: 7:40pm

Norwood are coming off a huge win over Sturt, while South are coming off a bye and an after the siren loss to Sturt the week before. Will Norwood continue on their merry way, or will South cause the upset of the season?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 20: Norwood v South - Friday 10 August 2012 @ Coopers Stadium Empty Re: Round 20: Norwood v South - Friday 10 August 2012 @ Coopers Stadium

Post by Big Phil Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:03 pm

This game will be broadcast on LifeFM - 107.9 from 7:00pm
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Round 20: Norwood v South - Friday 10 August 2012 @ Coopers Stadium Empty Re: Round 20: Norwood v South - Friday 10 August 2012 @ Coopers Stadium

Post by Southee Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:07 pm

Like throwing a lamb into the slaughter house !!

This could get ugly !!! Dreading this one Sad
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:42 pm

South have won at the Parade in recent times? Last year perhaps? It's also an away game for them, increasing their chances...

...of keeping their loss between 10-15 goals!
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:52 pm

The intro to this thread says "Port are coming off a huge win over Sturt"

Obviously that should read Norwood Smile
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:03 pm

South led Norwood last time they met at half time & had them on the ropes but couldn't deliver the knockout blow, i'd expect South to again test Norwood in what could be their last chance to start the climb into the 5 but with lapses in concentration during games in the last few weeks i can see Norwood taking the inch & turning it into a mile when the lapse occurs

Ben Warren to kick another bag this week against his old club

bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:47 pm

Norwood team:

F: Phillips, Jericho, Clarke
HF: Brown, Warren, Suckling
C: Grigg, Reinbrecht, Bode
HB: Jeffries, Chippendale, Zorzi
B: Terlich, Georgiou, L.Thomas
Ruck: Dawe, Webber, Batsanis
Int (from): Aish, Luccon, Gallagher, Murphy, Kirwan

Ins: Webber, Terlich, Grigg, L.Thomas, Luccon, Kirwan.
Outs: Pfeiffer (Power), Rodan (Power), Cachia (injured), Smart.

Deja vu for Norwood, AFL coach sacked, Norwood lose players Smile

Some very good and deserving players returning to the team and I would hope Norwood could win by around 24-30 points. However, I haven't forgotten last season when South came to the Parade, completely outplayed us and won by 22 points. I just think Norwood have an expectation of winning this season and should be good enough for the points.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:17 pm

South:

F. BROOKSBY WUNDKE BEILBY
HF. ROLFE AINGER DANIEL
C. CROSS MURPHY STRIBLING
HB. REDIGOLO CASLEY CAREY
B. VEIDE CRABB TAYLOR

FOLL.
MCKERNAN
GOTCH
LIDDLE

INT.
WATSON
HOULIHAN
DE VISSER
CRATE
BASS

INTO 23
Lachlan Carey
Shaun McKernan
Tom Beilby – 1st SANFL League game if selected from Old Ignatians FC

OUT
Todd Pfeiffer – Omitted
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:39 pm

Cant wait to knock off from work tomorrow to head down the Parade to watch this......

....look for the South bloke with the South scarf on and say "hello" Smile

Seriously worried about this one.....long drive home too Sad
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:34 pm

Norwood 14-16 (100), d. South Adelaide 10-1 (61)

Tough game to get my head around. I thought for the whole, Norwood looked rather sloppy tonight and their intensity was definitely down a notch, but we got the points.

South took the game up to Norwood because when they attacked they were far more direct and allowed themselves easier shots at goal whereas Norwood went back to old habit of going via the cape.

Basically where Norwood won the game were two 10-15 minute bursts, the first half of the 3rd quarter, and late in the final quarter. Biggest worry was Jericho limping to the bench in the final term so I hope he doesn't spend too much time out of the game.

I thought Norwood's selection and team balance were askew tonight, why in hades Phillipsand Evans played reserves when the league team were desperate for a forward crumber, God only knows.

Ah well, a win's a win, and looking forward to next week.

Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:09 am

firstly i know they are top but please explain to me why S. Phillips played in the reserves ?

Norwood tried losing with poor kicking at goal

South with their straight kicking kept them in the game & even as late as 20 minutes into the last term they had a chance & then the floodgates opened up

during the first quarter i thought South were' on song' & Norwood were sluggish with poor skills, but as per usual for South this season they had lapses in concentration & tenasity & while Norwood didn't make them pay every time they did so enough times & i was glad to see a Weslo official actually have a go at a Norwood supporter at the players race after the game when he was abusing the South players that 'they are still effin sh1t' & was saying this over & over again he was told that there were kids present & let the South players walk off gracefully...for a change well done Weslo &to that Norwood supporter grow up
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:18 am

ps,some 4 or 5 years ago i've read on other forums by Norwood people i respect & that are on here, they were complaining that Norwood play too many night games & it costs them....i just wonder whether they still think that now they're winning consistently.....i think it is obvious that it is to do with the cattle out there & the bloke in charge
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:43 am

bayman wrote:firstly i know they are top but please explain to me why S. Phillips played in the reserves ?
I can't explain it mate. Simon would be in my 1st 18 every week even if his form was less than perfect.

bayman wrote:i was glad to see a Weslo official actually have a go at a Norwood supporter at the players race after the game when he was abusing the South players that 'they are still effin sh1t' & was saying this over & over again he was told that there were kids present & let the South players walk off gracefully...for a change well done Weslo & to that Norwood supporter grow up
Unfortunately, I don’t think he can ‘bayman’. I too was quite annoyed at that bloke’s language and attitude. Most uncalled for given South’s gutsy performance. I think you’ll find he’s somewhat ‘challenged’ intellectually. Even so, I suggested loudly that what he was saying was ‘not on’, but not being ‘all there’, he just continued to hurl vile insults until the Weslo guy went up to him and quite rightly reminded him about the children and ladies present, for which I said, “well done mate”, to the Weslo bloke.

The Norwood ‘Spirit’ group nearby and ALL supporters from both clubs were quite embarrassed by the person to whom you’re referring. Even at our on field huddles each week, you’ll see Norwood players, officials and all our supporters start to cringe when this individual comes on yelling his inane rants. He’s obviously not well and I believe it’s time ‘a professional’ had strong words, or took action, before things turn nasty.

Looks like a few neutral supporters came along tonight. We had a Westies bloke amongst us at 'the race'. You should have come over and said g'day mate, we might all be hopelessly one eyed Norwood, but 'The Spirit' are a welcoming bunch of loonies.
jocolor
Despite that idiot after the siren, I hope you had a good night and enjoyed the game.

Cheers,
Sabre.
Sabre
Sabre

Teams : Norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:45 am

Leaving the ground at Norwood for players and officials when you get to the race isn't a pleasant experience because of the inevitable abuse at the race, so I agree with you, Sabre.

I'll try to say hello to the 'Spirit' next week.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Hatchmanss76 Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:02 am

bayman wrote:firstly i know they are top but please explain to me why S. Phillips played in the reserves ?

I can explain it for you.
This may sound strange but Flip asked to play in the twos so he could play in the middle of the ground and get some more consistent touch on the ball. Flip was very up beat after the game and happy the request worked out well. Not sure if he will be straight back in the league next week or if they will do it again.
It can be hard to be consistent as a forward when the ball doesn't spent a whole lot of time in your area.
It's good that Norwood is in a position to be able to do this. A Flipper firing on all cylinders in a finals campaign is just what we need and the coaching staff know it.
Hatchmanss76
Hatchmanss76

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:55 am

i was glad to see a Weslo official actually have a go at a Norwood supporter at the players race after the game when he was abusing the South players

Word has it that Bassett has been threatning to drop Flipper for some time. Three weeks ago he won a game off his own boot, last week he had a quiet one, and all the excuse Bassett needed to drop him. I'm not having a go at Murphy here, but if Bassett honestly rates Murphy a better player than Phillips, he's nowhere near as good at spotting talent as people give him credit for. If Flipper isn't returned to the league team next week, there will be questions asked.

His dropping was even more ridiculous when you consider the outs from last week, it left us without an effective crumbing forward and meant our forward line struggled to function as a team.

As for idiots at the footy .... don't get me started. For some reason there is an element of person who thinks for the price of admission, that gives them the right to carry on like idiots and hurl abuse at anyone they please. It is a public and, as such, there are laws of common decency that apply. I feel security people are way too lenient in allowing some of these morons (and that's what they are) to stay in the ground.

I love to hear people screaming and yelling for their team, maybe the odd bit of advise to umpires and opposition players as well, but I draw the line at personal insults and degradation. There is an element at Norwood games, as there are at others, who really need to be turfed out of the ground.

It's not just near the players' race either, I'd like to see a couple of police officers take a seat in the members' stand around where I sit, there are some dead set lunatics up there. This area is near the opposition bench, and any opposition player who dares walk around the boundary cops a verbal bashing.

I love the Norwood Football Club, and will always be a member, but I am seriously considering not attending matches after this seaon is over. I just don't enjoy it like I used to.

Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:34 pm

Pretty shocked at my experiences at these night games (not just Norwood ones either). It seems Friday night people see it as their right to finish their week off with anger, abuse and sometimes physical threats.
Personally, Im not a fan of night footy. Thats just me.

I usually walk to the huddles of South at 1/4 & 3/4 time and have been abused various times verbally. I just ignore it. Best way to be.
I felt sorry to the South players coming off as they really dont deserve that abuse directed at them when they are putting on a show as (entertainment) for supporters to enjoy. Some of these players are young kids and to be spat on and abused is not on. If no opposition teams played you would not have a game.

I am really disgusted of what I have seen of late and are seriously considering boycotting all night games in the future.
When my young daughter is old enough to go to the footy I will definately NOT be taking her.

Not just blaming other teams - we all have our feral elements in our clubs.
These ferals probably never played the game and just see it as an excuse to get hammered and abuse people.
Evil or Very Mad
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:58 pm

Well said Southee. Football watching should be something to be enjoyed, not endured.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:27 am

Some very good thoughts here regarding the small minority of idiots who attend SANFL games and who seem to have an agenda to abuse opposition fans and players as they leave the ground.
It is now time that Weslo securiity have 2 or 3 of there people by the race at all grounds to jump on these people when the abuse starts, its just not acceptable.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:29 pm

Sabre wrote:The Norwood ‘Spirit’ group nearby and ALL supporters from both clubs were quite embarrassed by the person to whom you’re referring. Even at our on field huddles each week, you’ll see Norwood players, officials and all our supporters start to cringe when this individual comes on yelling his inane rants. He’s obviously not well and I believe it’s time ‘a professional’ had strong words, or took action, before things turn nasty

Maybe its time for the NFC to step in and to ban him from the ground, its privilege, not a right to attend matches and irrespective of your situation if you are going to carry on like that you should quite rightly be banned from the ground.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:34 pm

Southee wrote:I am really disgusted of what I have seen of late and are seriously considering boycotting all night games in the future.
When my young daughter is old enough to go to the footy I will definately NOT be taking her.

Well Southee, interesting point, my youngster is begging me to take her to the Thunderbirds next season and I have agreed and am looking at getting the season ticket so we can go to the home games, I am pretty sure that putting up with the above wont be a problem at the netball stadium. - This is the problem there is only so much sports and entertainment $$$ to go around and familes will vote with their feet if they feel its not appropriate, that said however that is why on the occassions we meet up at the SANFL you will find us camped in the Family area where I have never had a problem with any of that stuff and find its kept in check pretty well - opposition supporters even chat and enjoy the games together in there!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:36 am

[quote="Ben W"]
Southee wrote:Well Southee, interesting point, my youngster is begging me to take her to the Thunderbirds next season and I have agreed and am looking at getting the season ticket so we can go to the home games, I am pretty sure that putting up with the above wont be a problem at the netball stadium.

The only problem you'll have with netball is a stadium full of screeching girls, and the umpires' whistle blows every 3 seconds. Smile
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:29 pm

[quote="Adelaide Hawk"]
Ben W wrote:
Southee wrote:Well Southee, interesting point, my youngster is begging me to take her to the Thunderbirds next season and I have agreed and am looking at getting the season ticket so we can go to the home games, I am pretty sure that putting up with the above wont be a problem at the netball stadium.

The only problem you'll have with netball is a stadium full of screeching girls, and the umpires' whistle blows every 3 seconds. Smile

... and how exactly would that be different.......? Rolling Eyes
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down