+5
Southee
Paul
Adelaide Hawk
howthewestwaswon
Admin
9 posters

Go down

Round 19: Norwood v Sturt - Friday 3 August @ Coopers Stadium Empty Round 19: Norwood v Sturt - Friday 3 August @ Coopers Stadium

Post by Admin Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:39 am

Round 19: Norwood v Sturt - Friday 3 August @ Coopers Stadium Norwood_logo V Round 19: Norwood v Sturt - Friday 3 August @ Coopers Stadium Sturt

Friday 3 August
Coopers Stadium

Reserves: 4:55pm
League: 7:40pm

Broadcast: 5RPH

Norwood continued on their merry way with another win over Port while Sturt had an after the siren win over South at Noarlunga. Will Norwood notch up yet another win, or will Sturt cause the upset of the season?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 19: Norwood v Sturt - Friday 3 August @ Coopers Stadium Empty Re: Round 19: Norwood v Sturt - Friday 3 August @ Coopers Stadium

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:04 pm

Norwood too strong at home IMO. Redlegs by 26-44 points.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 19: Norwood v Sturt - Friday 3 August @ Coopers Stadium Empty Re: Round 19: Norwood v Sturt - Friday 3 August @ Coopers Stadium

Post by Adelaide Hawk Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:13 pm

Norwood Team:

F: Phillips, Jericho, Rodan
HF: Cachia, Warren, Suckling
C: Brown, Reinbrecht, Gallagher
HB: Pfeiffer, Chippendale, Zorzi
B: Terlich, Georgiou, Bode
Ruck: Clarke, Webber, Batsanis
Int (from): Murphy, Aish, Jeffries, Smart, Dawe

In: Clarke (flu), Webber, (hand), Rodan (Power), Pfeiffer (Power)
Outs: Luccon, L.Thomas
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:33 pm

I think Norwood by 24 points
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:28 pm

Tipped Norwood by 108 points on footytips.
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:18 pm

sapaul wrote:Tipped Norwood by 108 points on footytips.

Good call!! Close !!! Smile
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:08 pm

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 6442597636

NORWOOD has already made enough statements on the competition to guarantee itself red-hot favouritism for the flag. Friday night was an exclamation mark.

The Redlegs cruised to a 121-point victory over Sturt at The Parade to all but ensure it will have the rest in the first week of the finals.

They are four games plus hefty percentage clear of second-placed Central District and both clubs have just four games remaining.

This match loomed as a lopsided contest and the home side dominated the early exchanges to lead by 30 points after only 17 minutes.

The signs were ominous in the opening minutes when Redlegs forward Ben Warren and Brady Dawe nailed goals after marking strongly. Norwood were dangerous every time they gained possession, sweeping forward with precision and purpose.

And when the Redlegs did make a skill error there were team-mates in support. They seemed to have time and space whereas the Double Blues were under constant pressure.

When a Sturt defender took a mark he had few options. In contrast, the Redlegs had players working hard to provide the link.

The Redlegs refused to relent on the intensity in the second quarter although their cause was aided by a flood of baffling free kicks against the Double Blues from umpire Michael Avon.

Avon's confusing decisions were not mirrored by the Redlegs as they ran rampant with a devastating performance which sends another loud message to rivals.

Mat Suckling, David Rodan and Nathan Batsanis were active on the ball for the Redlegs and down back it was the work of Alex Georgiou, Brett Zorzi and Darren Pfeiffer creating headaches for the Douuble Blues forwards.

The Redlegs bagged eight goals for the third term to completely blow the game apart.

NORWOOD 5.2 10.3 18.4 24.7 (151)

STURT 1.1 2.3 3.4 4.6 (30)

BEST - Norwood: Warren, Jericho, Rodan, Pfeiffer, Batsanis, Suckling, Georgiou, Gallagher, Reinbrecht. Sturt: Sheedy.

GOALS - Norwood: Jericho, Warren 6, Dawe, Batsanis, Murphy, Jefferies 2, Gallagher, Bode, Suckling, Rodan. Sturt: Duldig, Thomson, C. Evans, Krause.

INJURIES - Norwood: Webber (hand) withdrew from selected side. Terlich (illness) withdrew from selected side.

BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:51 am

it was basically a 'mens v boys' match
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:10 am

bayman wrote:it was basically a 'mens v boys' match

Yes, that pretty much sums it up really. After such a comprehensive win, it's hard to comment too much without sounding a little arrogant about the win, so I don't expect much discussion about the game.

All I'll say is it was pleasing to see how Norwood covered the losses of Webber and Terlich before the game and every player did his bit for the Norwood jumper. I will hasten to add that in a match like that, everything fell nicely into place and the win was emphatic.

Only lowlights were injuries to Cachia and Clarke. Don't know the actual injuries but Cachia looked very miserable and uncomfortable as he left the ground and I would expect him to miss game time. Clarke went down seconds before the final siren, looked in a fair bit of discomfort with an ankle or a knee, but was able to walk from the ground. Hopefully not too much problem there.

I have to add that I am still mystified by the iterpretation of holding the ball. Whatever happened to prior opportunity? Last week, and again last night, I saw players, who had ample time to dispose of the ball, tackled but no free kick. That used to be holding the ball, but not any more it seems.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldy Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:35 am

Jarryd Cachia spent the night in hospital passing blood. Copped a hit to the kidneys/ribs.
Still in hospital ATM.
Baldy
Baldy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:55 pm

John Hinge didnt play and this didnt help Sturts match ups
If he had played it might have been this 'Key ' position match up
Hinge on Dawe
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:23 pm

that is a shocking pun
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum