bayman
PhilH
Big Phil
waddayamean
Brucetiki
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Woodville-West Torrens v Centrals @ Unleash Solar Oval - Wednesday Empty Woodville-West Torrens v Centrals @ Unleash Solar Oval - Wednesday

Post by Brucetiki Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:48 pm

As one round finishes, we once again hastily prepare for an early start to the next round, with the Eagles and Centrals coming off very short breaks to play the mid-week ANZAC Day game.

Last time these two sides met was the biggest game in the SANFL calendar - Grand Final day in 2011. It was a game where the Eagles dominated for large periods before a great Centrals comeback, and a wonky Lee Spurr kick saw the premiership cup travel down to Oval Avenue instead of Goodman Road.

Fast forward 7 months, and it's a very different Eagles and Centrals line up we see for this game. Centrals have been hit very hard by injuries, and their first two matches were ordinary to say the least. To Centrals credit, however, they have rebounded and won a scratchy match against South Adelaide followed by what I've heard was an impressive win over Port on the weekend.

The Eagles, on the other hand, have yet to taste success in 2012, losing their 4 matches so far by an average of 65 points (and their smallest losing margin being 32 points), with their form being truly awful.

I'd like to take this opportunity to go back to 2010 briefly - on ANZAC Day, we saw the struggling Sturt upset Centrals at Elizabeth, while at Norwood, Norwood (in a similar position to the Eagles today) won their first match of the year and went from 0-4 to a Grand Final! What this shows is despite the form, this game potentially could be closer than what it may look like on paper, and the Eagles must not be dismissed as a chance to cause an upset as they gear up to take on one of their biggest rival.

Centrals, however, have rediscovered some of their form, and last year broke their Unleash Solar Oval hoodoo (and then backed up with a second win at the ground a few weeks later), and I tip them to take out Wednesday's clash by 25 points.

Note the slight change in time of the league game due to the lack of lighting at Unleash Solar Oval. Reserves: 12:00pm, League: 2:40pm

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Woodville-West Torrens v Centrals @ Unleash Solar Oval - Wednesday Empty Re: Woodville-West Torrens v Centrals @ Unleash Solar Oval - Wednesday

Post by Big Phil Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:10 am

Maybe some reverse physcology on Mick's part?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Woodville-West Torrens v Centrals @ Unleash Solar Oval - Wednesday Empty Re: Woodville-West Torrens v Centrals @ Unleash Solar Oval - Wednesday

Post by PhilH Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:55 am

Please note game start is 2.40pm (not 3.10pm as normally on ANZAC Day)

The ANZAC Day Ceremony including Motorcade of Veterans, Ode, Last Post etc
Starts at 2.20pm so do the right thing by the diggers and get there early.

1197am RPH Radio Broadcast commences from 2.30pm

It will NOT be telecast on ABC TV
so if you want to see the action live you will need to be there.

All welcome .

Eagles members who "bring a mate" can go in the running to win a signed football from the match,
the first ever traditional ANZAC DAY game played at Woodville. (refer e-mail sent last week for entry form).
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:02 pm

if you want to go & know people that live around the area, give them a call because double passes were handed out to households in the last few days, i got mine & i don't live in the vicinity of Woodville oval, although i have been known to visit a 'friend' occasionally Wink
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:23 pm

Centrals line up can be found here:

http://www.cdfc.com.au/fixtures-and-results/league/view/2012-04-25/6

And the Eagles line up can be found here:

http://www.wwtfc.com.au/?page_id=163

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by LEH Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:25 pm

waddayamean wrote:I can't believe this . This is from MMC . What a silly thing to say from a club point of view as well as from the supporters point .

How do you approach this Wednesday's ANZAC Day clash with Central District?

Godden: "This Wednesday is a really awkward one. It's ANZAC Day, it's a passionate day and means a lot to a lot of people. It means a lot to our club. But no one is going to come now. No Eagles people are going to show up and rightly so. I'd imagine your Doggies fans will show because they'll want a bit of revenge from last year. I'm basically gearing myself for the South game in two weeks. So we'll train (Sunday), we'll train (Monday), we'll train Tuesday and if they're sore and they're tired on Wednesday then what's the difference? We're getting smashed anyway. We need to plan more advance because you can't turn things around in four days from a physical point of view. You can start to put the wheels in motion for the future."

"Man the Life Boats... Man the Life Boats" affraid
LEH
LEH

Teams : FulhamFC, WWTFC, Wests Tigers, NEC Njimegen

Back to top Go down

Post by The Emperor Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:28 pm

Will the Eagles players show up?
The Emperor
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:46 pm

Which Phil?
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:21 pm

waddayamean wrote:What do you think it is then Phil ,you deleted your post ?

Doesn't matter now, not relevant...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:39 pm

Oh, okay. Thanks for letting me know.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Hatchmanss76 Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:06 pm

Crowd number will be interesting for this one. Location, weather, last years premiers current position on the ladder and more so the way they are playing are all going to be working against this game being what it should be.

Centrals by 68pts and crowd number to less than 5000
Hatchmanss76
Hatchmanss76

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:58 pm

i thought it was a great contest, firstly with Central on top with them seemingly to get most of the 'iffy' free kicks & after half time as Wwt's gained momentum they appeared to get the 'iffy' free kicks, having said that i thought given their season so far they (Wwt) were very brave to fight back they way they did & showed character, i was bemused that we didn't see a pack holding the ball decision basically all day & then we got two in two minutes (why do umpires change their interpretations when games are close & nearing completion ?) i thought Symes' smother on the half back line outer side late in the game was crucial & thought that Central seemed to get a smother in while Wwt didn't, also while Wwt's nearly 'pinched it' why were they way way too defensive especially in the first half of the match ?

i've see Wwt 3 times this year & while i know they have some players out including key players i think they've change their gameplan & if i'm right i ask why would you change a gameplan that worked last year ?

crowd from memory was 4,054 (or very close to that)
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:23 pm

waddayamean wrote:Can anyone confirm the following ?

Players warming up and goal kicking whilst ANZAC's were BEHIND the goals

NOT SURE.

As the players entered the ground the ANZAC's were doing their lap of the oval

?..YES

The presentation and national anthem were very poor and not heard...

YES BUT WAS MAINLY LOUD BUT DID GO UP & DOWN A BIT & SOUNDED STATIC (LIKE A RADIO NOT ON THE STATION PROPERLY)
If this is accuurate the WWT Football club and those directly involved should be disgusted on putting on such amateur stuff for such an important moment. I don't like calling clubs businesses but if it was my business I would be extremely disappointed and asking serious questions. Lets hope it is not quite true.

bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:33 pm

That wouldn't have been deliberate. The teams would have entered the arena at their usual time before the bounce and probably weren't aware of what was happening on the ground.

In hindsight, it would have been wise to have had someone at the race to give an all-clear?

There certainly wouldn't have been any lack of respect for the ANZACS.

I know that Andy Collins has had the West Adelaide players attending the Dawn Service near Richmond for several years now, which the players have embraced as a privilege.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next