eartotheground
Big Phil
Lee
18 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Ins and Outs - 2020 - Page 5 Empty Re: Ins and Outs - 2020

Post by mickyj Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:55 pm

It’s on the AFL site Souths ruckman might continue his AFL career at Hawthorn!
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:35 pm

Brooksby OUT for South

No words..........................
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:47 pm

Some teams are just cursed.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:31 pm

So Brooksby to Hawthorn.

Has there ever been a worse curse on a team with ruckman being signed and then going?
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:50 pm

I'm on holiday in Italy atm,and just received the news.To say I'm disappointed would be a massive understatement. To say I am surprised.....well...not really. The Afl has ensured that the sanfl is after a proud history sadly now on its last legs. I'm absolutely gutted by this and I along with many rusted on southies are considering whether it's all really worthwhile . every year we begin with new hope, 64 was so long ago... We announce new recruits as we did this year,working hard to get them jobs get them to sign ...we all get the news from the club and the excitement and anticipation builds...could this be the year!!!!!???? This year with some hard work sharpey has done a great job, against some tough opposition in what I saw as our best off season recruiting wise in many years......the key to this was recruiting Keegan back to the club after being clutched from our hands this time last year by the WCE where he didn't play an afl game in 2019. We found him a job, got him settled only for hawthorn to come from nowhere and spirit him away again on the eve of the AFL season, and ours as well. I for one have had enough,that's it for me,I'm done!
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:47 pm

Have to say ...year after year this gets tougher. Would hate to be in the South playing group ATM and feeling what they are going though.
I’m seriously thinking i can’t take much more.
I am sure the AFL would like us to be extinct.
The amount of resources and money to get Brooksby over the line was massive ! Really well done by the club.
Could be the end of me .... maybe follow another sport that is fair, balanced and not biased should be looked at by me.

So sick of this !
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:50 pm

Gotta feel sympathy for South fans. Brooksby is a dominant ruckman at SANFL level and to be lured away to Victoria where he will in all likelihood play VFL all year is devastating.

If he got an injury and missed the season that is bad luck, to be just taken by an AFL team a month before the season starts is disgraceful arrogance.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:04 pm

UncleHuey wrote:Gotta feel sympathy for South fans. Brooksby is a dominant ruckman at SANFL level and to be lured away to Victoria where he will in all likelihood play VFL all year is devastating.

If he got an injury and missed the season that is bad luck, to be just taken by an AFL team a month before the season starts is disgraceful arrogance.

All may not be lost if a suitable replacement can be found..... Cool Rolling Eyes
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:53 pm

There's plenty around from the VFL right now. You just have to hunt for them Smile
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:36 pm

Lee wrote:There's plenty around from the VFL right now.  You just have to hunt for them Smile

Shocked Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Laughing Laughing bounce bounce
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:21 pm

South have signed Paul Hunter and Daly Andrews from the Williamstown FC in Melbourne. Both are currently in isolation here in Adelaide fulfilling quarantine requirements, and will be available for selection after rd 6.
Hunter played for the Crows reserves and is a 200cm ruckman. South tried to recruit him prior to being drafted by the Crows in 2015. Andrews is an outside mid with a penetrating kick and great legspeed, and a former Vic metro U/18 player.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5