Should we use yellow footballs for the entire season?

3 posters

Go down

Should we use yellow footballs for the entire season? Empty Should we use yellow footballs for the entire season?

Post by bayman Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:51 pm

Given they used a yellow football for the grand final last week, should the sanfl just use yellow footballs for the entire season ? (so players are more used of it)

To me if the grand final uses yellow footballs then why be different in the home & away season ?

Or at least give clubs their choice of red or yellow footballs to be used for day matches
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Should we use yellow footballs for the entire season? Empty Re: Should we use yellow footballs for the entire season?

Post by columbo Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:53 pm

Is lights on or 3pm or later start the signal for the yellow footy? Pretty sure in one of the late start games at Woodville this year the yellow footy came out after half time.

Interesting question, be interesting to hear players thoughts.
columbo
columbo

Teams : Eagles, North Melbourne
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Should we use yellow footballs for the entire season? Empty Re: Should we use yellow footballs for the entire season?

Post by oldfella Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:07 am

Grat question bayman and is something that i have not ever considered.

Resilting from your question i watched some daylight games i have recorded with tan and yellow ball and the yellow ball clear shows up better imo.

Further i contacted several league and AFL footballers i know and they were consistent in that the yellow ball was easier to see however the majority identified that the yellow ball seems to become more slippery in inclement conditions.

Anothr issue mentioned more than once was most teams train at night with yellow balls and then play with tan?

Given that at my old age and poor eyesight lol i feel i can see the yellow ball more clearly when actually at the game and the above comments i would support the full time introduction of the yellow ball.

A question back at you bayman --- were the yellow ball be introduced should we be seeking a dry and wet weather ball with the wet weather ball having a rougher exterior to allow better grip for players
oldfella
oldfella

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down