Season 2018

5 posters

Go down

Season 2018 Empty Season 2018

Post by Anysaturday Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:05 pm

Well here we go again! To everyone or anyone intending to go to SANFL footy this year...just get out there and do it!
Take the kids, the Grandkids or just go to meet up with some friends. You might even be surprised..you'll see quality footy in a great atmosphere, sit pretty much anywhere you like (or stand up) and be able to afford something to eat and drink!
Find the time (your lawn doesn't grow that fast in Winter anyway!)
OK?? Great..see you out there!
Anysaturday
Anysaturday

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Season 2018 Empty Re: Season 2018

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:13 pm

Premiership odds aside as anything can happen in the finals series, but this is my ladder after the home and away season is done. Early days of course, but you gotta start somewhere.

I don't really rate trials as a guide to this sort of prediction.
I think late season form + player / coach losses and recruiting come into it more.

1 Eagles
2 / 3 Sturt & Centrals on par
4 Norwood
5 / 6 Glenelg & Port on par
7 - 9 Adelaide, West and South on par
10 North
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:22 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Premiership odds aside as anything can happen in the finals series, but this is my ladder after the home and away season is done. Early  days of course, but you gotta start somewhere.

I think late season form + player / coach losses and recruiting come into it more.

1 Eagles
4 Norwood
10 North

On late season form from last year, Glenelg should nearly be bottom this year. Remember they lost to the bottom side in each of the last two weeks of the season. Will their recruits be better than the players they lost?
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:38 pm

rocket_rooster wrote:On late season form from last year, Glenelg should nearly be bottom this year. Remember they lost to the bottom side in each of the last two weeks of the season. Will their recruits be better than the players they lost?
Looking at the updated list below, I'd say the OUTS just over shadow the INS but there are a few unknowns with them.

GLENELG

Coming
Jesse White (Collingwood), Marlon Motlop (North Adelaide), Luke Reynolds (Port Adelaide), Nick Amato (Uraidla Districts/North Adelaide), Matt Uebergang (Fremantle), Zac Hawkins (Port Adelaide), Tom Corcoran (Port Adelaide), Sean Davidson (Port Adelaide), Daniel Weetra (NT Thunder), Neil Vea Vea (NT Thunder), Tom Feely (Hamilton), Bailey Jordan (Northern Blues), Brad Close (North Gambier), Tim Mackenzie (Lucindale), Patrick Clark (Riverton)

Going
James Sellar (retired), Brad Agnew (overseas), Christian Howard (retired – hip injury), Liam McBean (overseas), Riley McFarlane (Tanunda), Darcy Fogarty (Adelaide), Jackson Edwards (Adelaide), Dom Barry (Port Adelaide), Ziggy Vitkunas (Mount Compass), Brad Merrett (Myponga), Matt Merrett (Myponga), Damien Hill (Myponga)
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:05 pm

I was probably more thinking of Centrals with that comment.
I think the Bays ins (particularly forwards) could be a potent mix if they gel.

Yes they did capitulate late in the season when it mattered, but I thought there was a general increase in intensity during the season (the last few weeks notwithstanding).

This prediction could all be froth and bubble as the comp is pretty volatile these days with the amount of player turnover. I was saying to someone the other day that 100 games is the new 200 games of 10 years ago.

Given the turnarounds in a number of clubs' performance the last few years, who'd be a punter.....not me!
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Millsie89 Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:12 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Premiership odds aside as anything can happen in the finals series, but this is my ladder after the home and away season is done. Early  days of course, but you gotta start somewhere.

1 Eagles
4 Norwood
10 North

Centrals have lost Jansen, Holman and Glenn whilst not really replacing them with anyone.

I can see them possibly slipping out of the 5.

My ladder is:

Port
Sturt
Eagles
Norwood
Glenelg
Centrals
West
Adelaide
South
North

Of course the positions of the two reserves teams is always dependent on injuries to the AFL sides, but if they're healthy, I still think Port will be around the mark. Adelaide not so much.

I'm bias but think Sturt will be hard to top this year. Though Beard is a huge loss.
Millsie89
Millsie89

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum