Round 18: Eagles v South - Saturday 18 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

4 posters

Go down

Round 18: Eagles v South - Saturday 18 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Round 18: Eagles v South - Saturday 18 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:00 pm

Round 18: Eagles v South - Saturday 18 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Woodvillelogo Round 18: Eagles v South - Saturday 18 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Torrenslogo v Round 18: Eagles v South - Saturday 18 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval SouthAdelaidePanthers
Saturday 18 August
Woodville Oval

Reserves: 11:30am
League: 2:10pm

Could you get a more iconic 80's guernsey as the Warriors, or the classic blue/gold of Torrens, while South are donning an enlarged monogram to reflect the 80's look.  Who will win this week?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 18: Eagles v South - Saturday 18 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 18: Eagles v South - Saturday 18 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:34 pm

One for the Torrens fans

If anyone knows where we can source a Woodville theme song, we can pop it on here too (not even the highlight videos from the 80's has the Woodville song).

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 18: Eagles v South - Saturday 18 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 18: Eagles v South - Saturday 18 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by UncleHuey Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:45 pm

Blast from the past, the South video has Knuckles Kerley at the top right.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:30 pm

Panthers with a few good ins, should win by 9 pts if we learn to finish off in the forward lines! Eagles are clearly still suffering an identity crisis since 1991 and are schizophrenic Laughing
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:22 pm

League

Woodville-West Torrens coach Michael Godden faces a dilemma with his rucks for the match against South on Saturday.

With former Power giant Jarrad Redden returning to the extended interchange bench, Godden now has three genuine rucks in his 22-man squad with Seb Guilhaus named to start in the centre square while Marc Boholm is also on the pine.

At least one of the trio could be squeezed out of the final 21 before the bounce.

F: Rowe, N. Hayes, Gray

HF: Petrenko, Von Bertouch, Haylock

C: Hall, Lewis, Johansen

HB: Goldsworthy, Thompson, Rowland

B: Stewart, Giuffreda, Sinor

R: Guilhaus, Sharrad, Poole

INT: Borholm, J. Hayes, Boyd, Redden

IN: Redden

Reserves
Cook, Hawkins, Sibley, Minney, Weidemann, Schmusch, X.Redden, Martin, C.Gaffney, E.Miller, Moore, Wood, J.Gaffney, West, McLeod, Westbrook, Hienjus, Firns, Wehr, Lee, McKay.

Under-18
F: Coff, Francis, McNeil
HF: Pratico, Armfield, Tiller
C: Williams, Miller, Beecken
HB: Bailey, R. Bruce, Jones
B: Hillard, Carter, Brill

R: Michael, Pudney, Mead
INT: Bennison, Drewer, Friend, Furler, Hawkins, McNeilly, Tape
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:45 am

A very good win by the Panthers to secure a finals berth. I thought our defensive pressure particularly in the first half forced the eagles into overuse and turnovers. Our ball use at times going forward was however poor and gave our forwards limited chances. Krueger continues to impress and will be on an AFL list next year imo. Liddle was belted from pillar to post again but was still the best player on the ground.
A word on the umpiring. Appalling- the game was over-umpired with far too many frees paid, just let them get on with it. 34 frees to the eagles and 20 to South......

A good win but a bigger task this week, Go panthers.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:21 pm

blueandwhite wrote:A very good win by the Panthers to secure a finals berth. I thought our defensive pressure particularly in the first half forced the eagles into overuse and turnovers. Our ball use at times going forward was however poor and gave our forwards limited chances. Krueger continues to impress and will be on an AFL list next year imo. Liddle was belted from pillar to post again but was still the best player on the ground.
A word on the umpiring. Appalling- the game was over-umpired with far too many frees paid, just let them get on with it. 34 frees to the eagles and 20 to South......

A good win but a bigger task this week, Go panthers.

South out played the Eagles . Backline might have improved with Thompson but South far better .

The umpiring didn't know the count
Yes they over umpired
But at times some free kicks were not payed to both teams . A lot or some of the South frees were rather over the top or a particular umpire over umpiring. By this I mean the 25 metre penalties. Now I'm not saying South shouldn't have been paid them . Just seemed rather strange the umpire pays South a 25 metre free. Same umpire same infringement over and over on the marks to Eagles nothing same umpire same thing 25 metre after 25 metre .
But as I say South were paid the right frees.
The worst Play on decision South player basically kicked an Eagles player in the head no kicking in danger Play on and South were able to run away with it.

As I say South far better needed to win the game
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:00 pm

Vital win for the Panthers. Finalises the finals bound teams.

Questions remain about the Eagles, is this another season where they look like they could win it all but falter?
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down