testy
Thiele
Paul
firstblood
bayman
Brucetiki
15 posters

Go down

Round 18: Eagles v West - Saturday 23 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Round 18: Eagles v West - Saturday 23 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:16 pm

Eagles v West

Saturday 23 August
Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Last Week
Eagles 9.7.61 lost to North 15.9.99 @ Prospect Oval
West 8.2.50 lost to South 10.13.73 @ City Mazda Stadium

Last Time They Met
Eagles 10.12.72 d West 9.8.62 @ City Mazda Stadium

Ladder Position
Eagles 5th 9-8 49.07%
West 9th 6-11 45.17%

Both sides go into this game in terrible form, but the Eagles have 5th place to defend. Will the Eagles win by enough to hang onto 5th, or will West ensure the North v Centrals match becomes an elimination final...

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 18: Eagles v West - Saturday 23 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 18: Eagles v West - Saturday 23 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by bayman Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:46 pm

will ''they'' put aside the unrest or again get beaten ? i'll tip the Eagles by 7 goals, but if it is close late in the game i reckon West will nose them out
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 18: Eagles v West - Saturday 23 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 18: Eagles v West - Saturday 23 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by firstblood Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:27 am

Eagles to win comfortably and keep their spot in the five...
3 of the top 5 sides from last year will fail to play finals this year. Central, North and West.
firstblood
firstblood

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:13 pm

Eagles by 11 points
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:14 pm

Yep a West win would be nice
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:10 pm

Love the Bloods to stuff there day up.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by ozrules Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:20 pm

Congratulations Luke Powell and Adam Grocke. Two great players who gave it all for their club.
ozrules
ozrules

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by ozrules Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:21 pm

Oh, and Testy...watch that spelling.
ozrules
ozrules

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:22 pm

What a game to secure fifth spot !!
Wundke ken farmer medalist for 2014 after today's haul
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:54 pm

Eagles wouldn't have won by nearly as much if Westies hadn't kicked it to them so often.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:59 pm

Lee wrote:Eagles wouldn't have won by nearly as much if Westies hadn't kicked it to them so often.
or went the fist as much
May have lost by more if the umpires had picked up things like the punch to boyds face right in the umpires line of sight .Mind you I think he played better after he was hit in the jaw lol

So why did West go the the biff . Were they a complete rabble coach lost control or last game lets injure guys with finals games coming up !!
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:37 pm

The bigger question will be. "Will West retain 'Rubbers' next year or will he be 'erased' as coach and they go looking again?"
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:42 pm

we just have to learn not to retaliate
blacky
blacky

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:22 pm

mickyj wrote:
Lee wrote:Eagles wouldn't have won by nearly as much if Westies hadn't kicked it to them so often.
or went the fist as much
May have lost by more if the umpires had picked up things like the punch to boyds face right in the umpires line of sight .Mind you I think he played better after he was hit in the jaw lol

So why did West go the the biff . Were they a complete rabble coach lost control or last game lets injure guys with finals games coming up !!

Ah,Boyd.

Boyd, Mr Mercenary, possibly one of the least liked players to have played SANFL.

Are you sure it wasn't a teammate who got him?

As for the game, the Eagles ran rings around a West side which, apart from a few, looked as if they'd packed up for the season a week ago.

Travis Tuck, as always, tried hard throughout and was effective, but often let down by other players' poor skills. Shannon Green, playing forward for a rare change, kicked 3 goals, applied pressure and was excellent. Andrew Hayes showed his best form for the year, while Taite Silverlock, Jonno Beech and one or two others were good. After that it dropped off alarmingly. The team in 'civvies' leaving the huddle at the last break would have been handy.

The Eagles kicking for goal in the last few minutes was poor, with 1.2.

Before that it was reasonable, with 20.3.

Somehow I don't hate Woodville Oval. I seem to know more people there with West Adelaide connections than the other grounds combined. Had a chat to assistant coaches Luke Norman and Andrew Bruce, missed my mate Goddsie, said hello to Simon, the Team Manager(?), Scotty Lewis, waved at Bomber Borholm, had a chat with Fulham Cricket Club colleague and Eagles runner Jacko.

Bugger footy.

At least Boyd is still a dickhead.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by sanflman Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:38 pm

Nothing more unprofessional than a bitter club official calling a player from another Club a DH on a public forum....

sanflman
sanflman

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:04 pm

It took until the last minor round of the season to win all four quarters. Perhaps having something to play for next week helped, but...

Personally I think it was a "wallpaper over the cracks" win. Because this time after gaining the customary 3-4 goal lead at quarter time, (due mostly to undiscipline from Bloods players) the side was never really challenged. So, I can't say if the side has really got over that weak link. Sure, the zones, floods and super floods were regularly pierced. But even in the times the ball was turned over, West didn't do what everyone else does and send it down the other end quick smart for a goal. And any goal West got was cancelled out with an immediate reply.

A confidence restorer or red herring? We can only find out next week.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:41 pm

sanflman wrote:Nothing more unprofessional than a bitter club official calling a player from another Club a DH on a public forum....

I'm sure Boyd has been called worse than that on a robust public football forum before, sanflman. However, in the spirit of fairness, I apologise to James.

I do know, though, that since I left another site to help start this one, you're just the latest in a boring long line to almost exclusively concentrate your venom on me.

There was nothing 'bitter' about my post, given I listed many Eagles people I respect, just a defence of my team from the post before and a game report which said we were smashed. I even didn't really mean that another Eagles player had hit Boyd.  Round 18: Eagles v West - Saturday 23 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval 506203483 

As a West supporter, I learned long ago not to be bitter, thank goodness. I just enjoy footy, despite my team often struggling.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:48 pm

ozrules wrote:Oh, and Testy...watch that spelling.

Oh dear, people picking up on spelling errors "their" Rolling Eyes 
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:49 pm

the prowler wrote:The bigger question will be. "Will West retain 'Rubbers' next year or will he be 'erased' as coach and they go looking again?"

Yes they will.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:02 pm

Lee wrote:
sanflman wrote:Nothing more unprofessional than a bitter club official calling a player from another Club a DH on a public forum....

I'm sure Boyd has been called worse than that on a robust public football forum before, sanflman. However, in the spirit of fairness, I apologise to James.

I do know, though, that since I left another site to help start this one, you're just the latest in a boring long line to almost exclusively concentrate your venom on me.

There was nothing 'bitter' about my post, given I listed many Eagles people I respect, just a defence of my team from the post before and a game report which said we were smashed. I even didn't really mean that another Eagles player had hit Boyd.  Round 18: Eagles v West - Saturday 23 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval 506203483 

As a West supporter, I learned long ago not to be bitter, thank goodness. I just enjoy footy, despite my team often struggling.

the only thing i will pull u up on is yep was a cowardly act by a west player ran past and whacked him in the face , He was on the ground then came off feeling his jaw running around the boundary!
After that he seemed to have woken up and played better footy
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by sanflman Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:52 pm

Lee wrote:

Understood, and if that's the way you've taken it, I apologise Lee.
sanflman
sanflman

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:32 pm

Looks like Daniel Caire was the culprit for whacking James Boyd...

Justice prevailed, by the sounds of it?

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2643/
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:06 pm

Thanks for that, sanflman.

No problems, all good, play on Smile
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:20 pm

Big Phil wrote:Looks like Daniel Caire was the culprit for whacking James Boyd...

Justice prevailed, by the sounds of it?

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2643/

Will be known as Daniel Reckless from now on. Has failed in his duty of Caire.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:00 am

Nice work, Aerie Very Happy
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum