Sabre
Country Cock !
Bobbafet
howthewestwaswon
Lee
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Round 3 - North and Glenelg at Prospect - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 3 - North and Glenelg at Prospect

Post by dedja Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:36 pm

Pleasantly surprised with the result today. As much as the Bays were good North were very disappointing and didn't seem to be switched on a all.

A bonus to be 2-0 after 3 rounds but a very long season to go.
dedja
dedja

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 3 - North and Glenelg at Prospect - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 3 - North and Glenelg at Prospect

Post by Mongrel Punter Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:03 pm

The brains trust at Prospect must be scratching their heads wondering what went wrong today. Jimmy's 100th, a loss last week to atone for, possibly their best 21, and perfect conditions. And yet North managed to destroy all they have worked pre-season for. Their skills were poor, their decision making woeful and their application faulty. For a team that is proposed to come bottom, Glenelg worked hard with what many consider to be depleted stocks. It just goes to show that if you work hard, you can produce results. They set the pace and maintained it, and controlled the game. The Rooster forwards hardly got a sniff because the ball was so poorly delivered, and Glenelg's forays into their 50 were made with precision, and loose checking by the Rooster defenders made their task easier. Allan worked tirelessly in his 100th for about 35 possessions, but he had few supporters. Thiele got a lot of possessions but did not cause much damage, Johnston was useful with 3 goals, and Currie competed well in ruck and showed promise. Supporters rightly feel shortchanged after such an insipid effort, and would hope that the team can regroup before Friday'night's game against West. Perhaps some players from a successful reserves team will get consideration.
Mongrel Punter
Mongrel Punter

My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:07 pm

Just like last week I had the distinct feeling that the NAFC players appeared disinterested today and second attempts appeared to lack accordingly.

Take nothing away from Glenelg though, they played some slick footy today and earnt every bit of their win. For a team that most predicted bottom three of the SANFL, they are defying it and improving accordingly.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:53 pm

bayman wrote:
Bobbafet wrote:Not sure what George Thring did wrong to lose his place

perhaps the depth is good at prospect this year

then again perhaps not, Thring played a great game in the 2's, i'd have no doubt he'll be back in for this weeks clash

as for the game, i expected to see a Glenelg win but also expected a contest which never happened, today Glenelg were never ever going to lose.....from afar & just speculating is there any rift in the playing group with the change of captaincy or something else ? or perhaps they just had an off day ? i thought Tom Holmes was probably our best but that title could've gone to the majority of players, i bet North wish they coax him to Prospect even more after today
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Country Cock ! Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:17 pm

Win the Spoon Rolling Eyes

We are suppose to be making the Finals Round 3 - North and Glenelg at Prospect - Page 2 294855916

Finally, at least we didn' loose by a small margin cheers
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Teams : The Cocks !
My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobbafet Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:05 am

Allan was given the captaincy as it will probably be his last season at Roosterpark.
Alleway struggled for form last year and relieving him of the captaincy was hoped it would help him focus on his own game.
There's no rift in the squad.

Personally it think we are simply not good enough. Allan is a champion and Alleway has been possibly one of the best CHF in the comp over the last 4 years but they can't carry the whole squad, and that seems to be the problem. We lack any quality in depth particularly in the backlines. Anyone who puts pressure on inside our defensive 50 is going to score goals.

Glenelgs efficiency inside 50 yesterday was more about our lack of quality and ability to clear the lines than their quality going forward.

It's only round 3 but we do look very weak in defence and lack a focal point at FF. Alleway was moved to CHB in the 2nd qtr to help out but that left us with even fewer options up forward.
Bobbafet
Bobbafet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2