Bundy
Bobbafet
Sabre
howthewestwaswon
Lee
Brucetiki
10 posters

Go down

Round 3 West v Centrals @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Round 3 West v Centrals @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:56 pm

Seeing as it's 24 hours since both matches have finished, and with the game being on Thursday night, thought it's best to get this thread up and running to maximise the amount of pre-game discussion for this game.

So now we move on to round 3, and kicking off the Easter round is West v Centrals under the City Mazda Stadium lights - interestingly neither side is yet to play a day minor round game yet.

Last time they met:

Last time they met at City Mazda Stadium, it was all West Adelaide as not only did they win by 66 points, but kept Centrals to a pathetic 4.6 for the night. In the return match at Elizabeth, Centrals had a workmanlike win, as shown in the highlights above.

Coming into this game, both sides are coming off disappointing losses. West dropped a game they should have won against a Glenelg side many expect to struggle, while Centrals were terrible in their 20 point home loss to Norwood. Both sides will be out wanting to rebound from a very disappointing round 2.

West Adelaide have, so far, been hot and cold this year. When they're hot, they pile it on like they did in the 2nd half down at Noarlunga. When they're not, well they can lose to anyone. Centrals ordinary trial form flowed on into their game last weekend, yet were only punished on the scoreboard in one quarter.

So who is going to win this game? The SANFL has been an absolute minefield to pick a winner so far this year, and Thursday night's match only adds to this as neither side has put forward a compelling case that they will win this game. Can West Adelaide turn it on for four quarters and repeat their massacre at the same ground this time last year, or will Centrals find that switch they've been looking for all pre-season and bounce back from last weeks loss.

If both sides play like they did on Saturday night - then this could truly be a case of it being a case of who will 'not lose' this game.

I'm going to tip Centrals in this game...just. While Centrals haven't set the world on fire so far in 2012, West Adelaide haven't done enough for me to tip against Centrals.

Centrals by 6 points.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 3 West v Centrals @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Re: Round 3 West v Centrals @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Lee Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:14 pm

Thanks, Bt, great summary and it's hard to disagree with you.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 3 West v Centrals @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Re: Round 3 West v Centrals @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:10 am

West have to win their games at home. The added pressure to do this after last week will see them drop this game by 30 points.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:21 pm

Because of Centrals great recent history The Bloods will start sentimental favourites for many.
Unfortunately for Westies, I think my mob getting up last week will spark an angry bark AND bite.
Bulldogs I reckon.
Sabre
Sabre

Teams : Norwood
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobbafet Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:58 pm

Centrals don't lose two in a row very often. Last weeks loss at home would have hurt them and that, long established, winning attitude will see them over the line. Centrals for me by 20-25 points
Bobbafet
Bobbafet

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:42 pm

Dogs by 42pts over weak game planed Bloods. Evil or Very Mad
Bundy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:24 pm

WEST ADELAIDE TEAM

FF: BRAD FISHER, WEBB, FIELKE
HFF: SCHMIDT, FERGUSON, J EZARD
C: BEECH, N CARUSO, BIRSS
HBF: CAIRE, A HARTLETT, BEN FISHER
FB: GREEN, TIPPETT, SLATTERY
RUCK: WILLITS
RUCK ROVER: MACREADIE
ROVER: HILL
INTERCHANGE: CROUCH, STILL, BRICKNELL, LAIRD

INS: BEN FISHER, LAIRD

Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:28 pm

BULLDOGS LEAGUE SIDE:

FF: Jackson O'Brien - Matthew Westhoff - Jarrod Schiller
HF: Chris Gowans - Jacob Templeton - Paul Thomas (C)
CL: Luke Habel - Ryan Williams - Kyle Jenner
HB: Eddie Sansbury - Tom Collier - Trent Goodrem
FB: Luke Barmby - Yves Sibenaler - Paul Marschall

1R: Jack Hannath - David Haydon - James Boyd

INT: (from) Matthew Claughton - Scott Dutschke - Justin Hardy - Ben Nason - Matthew Prior

INTO 23: Luke Habel - Luke Barmby - Justin Hardy - Ben Nason

OUTS: Brad Symes (Crows) - Andrew Hayes (Shoulder)

BULLDOGS RESERVES SQUAD:

From: Ryan Bottin-Noonan, Caleb Edmead, Josh Waldhuter, Tim Boyd, Joshua Glenn, Jason Sutherland, Dylan Orval, Josh Vater, Thomas Ryan, Sam Colquhoun, Jake Martin, Ben Cummings, Steve Rusca, Ashley Fry, Sam Hanna, Matthew White, Matthew Prowse, Adam Cullen, Paul Dreimann, Josh Wittwer
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:51 pm

I think Central will win this one. They weren't good last week but like others, I expect them to atone this round. Wouldn't be a total surprise if Westies got up.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:55 pm

This could turn out to be a really good game.

West have close to their best team on the park, Central obviously are well short of theirs.

If Brad Symes does miss, then West would fancyu their chances, especially if they can recapture whatever guided them to a huge win in the corresponding fixture last year.

Regardless of who's playing, we generally know what we will get from Central. That's not so with the Bloods, whose best is enough to win, but whose best is not seen often enough.

Ben Fisher makes a welcome reappearance for West, but they have one or two players short of their best form. Central will miss Hayes and may struggle upforward, but West hardly took a mark in their forward 50 last week.

The story of the night will be with West. A win and they're off to a good start, a loss and they'll be subject to justifiable criticism.

For Central, a win or a loss won't change perceptions that they'll be thereabouts as the season progresses, but a bad loss might have their fans checking the injury updates.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by ca Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:15 pm

Interesting game, I think Central will respond and win but really with that side West have every reason to be confident.

Central by 24 points mainly as I think they won't lose two weeks in a row.
ca
ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down