spell_check
rocket_rooster
UncleHuey
Thiele
Brucetiki
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 10: Eagles v Adelaide - Saturday 9 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Round 10: Eagles v Adelaide - Saturday 9 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:25 pm

Eagles v Adelaide
Saturday 9 June
Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

League 2:40pm

The Eagles have been in reasonable form of late, while Adelaide could face the prospect of losing to everyone already.  Who will win this week?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 10: Eagles v Adelaide - Saturday 9 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 10: Eagles v Adelaide - Saturday 9 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by mickyj Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:44 pm

Is there anything on before the league game ?
And do we bring torches or candles for the last quarter !!
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Round 10: Eagles v Adelaide - Saturday 9 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 10: Eagles v Adelaide - Saturday 9 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by bayman Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:20 pm

Won’t need torches & candles as the mercy rule will be invoked before lemon time
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:22 pm

bayman wrote:Won’t need torches & candles as the mercy rule will be invoked before lemon time
Lol love it
Game this late last year last quarter was hard to see
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:38 pm

mickyj wrote:
bayman wrote:Won’t need torches & candles as the mercy rule will be invoked before lemon time
Lol love it
Torches maybe needed
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:39 pm

Does this mean will be one step closer on heading down West Lakes with 4000 Wooden Spoons
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:39 pm

mickyj wrote:
Lol love it
Torches maybe needed
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:38 am

Thiele wrote:
mickyj wrote:
Lol love it
Torches maybe needed

Was very hard to see last year at oval Ave with late starting games
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by mickyj Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:55 pm

EAGLES

League

The Eagles have included a player who could surface for his first Macca’s League game in five years against Adelaide on Saturday.

Former Glenelg and Central ruckman Seb Guilhaus has been named on the five-man extended interchange bench after last playing Macca’s League with the Bulldogs in 2013.

He has been joined in the Eagles’ 23-man squad by nippy midfielders James Rowe and Jake Comitogianni.

Jack Gaffney is the only certain exclusion at this stage.

Midfielder Sam Rowland will play his 50th Macca’s League game.

F: Poole, N. Hayes, Gray

HF: Rowland, J. Hayes, Haylock

C: Boyd, Lewis, Hall

HB: Westbrook, Thompson, Stewart

B: Giuffreda, Von Bertouch, Goldsworthy

R: Redden, Sharrad, Johansen

INT: Borholm, Lee, Rowe, Comitogianni, Guilhaus

IN: Guilhaus, Comitogianni, Rowe

OUT: J. Gaffney
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:11 pm

Eagles by lots.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:10 am

Seaside1 wrote:Have seen the Adelaide team and will change my margin. This should really break some records . I expect the Eagles to win by one of their biggest ever margins . Would have to be at least a 20 goal win and maybe more.

As much as I would love a big win like this I do not think it will be. The Eag's have only kick over 100 points once this year. n Most of the scores have been 10-14 goal range. Our defence is our strong point. I'm tipping a 60 point win.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:53 am

I am not going to give a margin
I just want a win
I am interested in who is in and out .
Are we playing 3 rucks
Is Rowe back in for game three
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:57 am

Given the Adelaide team I would want more than “just a win” I’d be wanting to get the % right up as that could help later in the season, they’ll win by 15 goals minimum & could win by 25 goals
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:10 pm

bayman wrote:Given the Adelaide team I would want more than “just a win” I’d be wanting to get the % right up as that could help later in the season, they’ll win by 15 goals minimum & could win by 25 goals

Unless there are more draws or Port find a huge turnaround in form percentage is of no consequence to the Eagles.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:19 pm

bayman wrote:Given the Adelaide team I would want more than “just a win” I’d be wanting to get the % right up as that could help later in the season, they’ll win by 15 goals minimum & could win by 25 goals

What I want and write I have been biten before by the jinx bug
Better to say happy with a win

I learnt as a boy around greyhound tracks favorites dont always win
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:25 pm

Just to annoy some body
I'm sitting at oval ave watching the state U18 beat the
Eagles U19
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:17 am

Seaside1 wrote:What body ?

Seems my Phone changed somebody to some body
Guess posting at the game isn't that great

Last edited by mickyj on Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:23 am; edited 1 time in total
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:22 am

That was a really bad game .
Eagles goal kicking to start with was crap the crows pushed the Eagles wide.
Crows Top up players weren't really sanfl standard players . You could see when the Eagles put applied pressure on them without actually being near them if that makes sense or the old saying heard footsteps.
Eagles win second highest score theyve kicked this year 114 points but really a nothing game .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:04 pm

Scott Lewis had a good day - with a club career best 35 posessions
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:25 pm

If I barracked for wwt I’d be dissatisfied with a win like that, reading both team lists it looked like it should be a massacre, even mickyj stated the top up players not up to the standard & perhaps not having that killer instinct is a reason they’ve fallen over at the last hurdle of the year in recent times......someone told me last night that the Eagles got a huge ride with the umpiring, is that correct? Or just a sour grapes comment?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:38 pm

bayman, to sum it up with the fewest words possible - indirect football, Adelaide defensive in the 1st half, and the team in front generally wins the most frees
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:24 am

bayman wrote:If I barracked for wwt I’d be dissatisfied with a win like that, reading both team lists it looked like it should be a massacre, even mickyj stated the top up players not up to the standard & perhaps not having that killer instinct is a reason they’ve fallen over at the last hurdle of the year in recent times......someone told me last night that the Eagles got a huge ride with the umpiring, is that correct? Or just a sour grapes comment?
Let's start with the umpiring Bayman mentioned sour grapes IMHO.
Adelaide were paid frees in front of goal and kicked goals.
The Eagles in Angus Poole actually got paid frees in this game . Most games umpires with Poole it's play on. With the crows being bigger taller stronger Poole was taking them bigger boys down . Many of those tackles and when the crows tackled Poole head high umpires actually paid the frees .
Now the no lights to play under we crowd had issues seeing one of our co captians had trouble seeing . But the most glaring example was the poor boundary umpire so close but on three occasions when it got darker even he couldn't see the boot kick the ball for the last touch rule three times .
Fall at the last hurdle yep
This case I can't say why the younger Hayes brother had goal kicking issues his brother didn't . Crows pushed the Eagles wide the score board pocket was hard to kick goals in .
No excuses no idea why at other times they couldn't kick straight .

I think Saturdays game showed the big difference between Port and the Crows in the sanfl.Maybe a little less so this year.
But Crows are absolutely rubbish in the sanfl.
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next