Changing your name...anyone know the details?

2 posters

Go down

Changing your name...anyone know the details? Empty Changing your name...anyone know the details?

Post by bayman Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:43 pm

As the title says, does anyone know the details on the process of changing your name & the costs involved.....just curious
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Changing your name...anyone know the details? Empty Re: Changing your name...anyone know the details?

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:27 am

I would have thought an application to Births, Deaths and Marriages would be the place to start. Maybre not.

https://www.sa.gov.au/topics/family-and-community/births,-deaths-and-marriages/changing-your-name

You can register a change of name with Consumer and Business Services (CBS) if:

- you were born in South Australia
- you were born overseas, but you are an Australian citizen or a permanent resident and have lived here more than twelve months.

CBS can accept one name change every 12 months, and you can only change your name three times in your lifetime. Permission from the relevant authorities is required for:

serious sex offenders
serious violent offenders
prisoners
parolees.

What you'll need
You will need to make an appointment with CBS to change your name. CBS will ask you to:

- prove your identity
- show any earlier name changes
- prove that you have lived in South Australia for at least the last twelve months.
- if born overseas, prove that you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident.

Your registration form will have specific information about what evidence is needed for children or for adults
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down