Scrappy
Southee
Lee
saintal
The Hatchet
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

SANFL Grand Final: Port v Sturt - Sunday 24 September @ Adelaide Oval - Page 3 Empty Re: SANFL Grand Final: Port v Sturt - Sunday 24 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by Brucetiki Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:01 pm

Has Logan Austin just cost Port a flag?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

SANFL Grand Final: Port v Sturt - Sunday 24 September @ Adelaide Oval - Page 3 Empty Re: SANFL Grand Final: Port v Sturt - Sunday 24 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by killer Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:03 pm

Sturt 7.8 50
Power Reserves 7.7 49
killer
killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:04 pm

Has Harms just harmed Sturts chances?

Last edited by Brucetiki on Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by killer Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:06 pm

39813 attendance
killer
killer

Back to top Go down

Post by killer Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:07 pm

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS
killer
killer

Back to top Go down

Post by killer Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:08 pm

End of the game

Sturt 7.8 50

Power Reserves 7.7 49
killer
killer

Back to top Go down

Post by killer Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:10 pm

thank you power reserves
killer
killer

Back to top Go down

Post by killer Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:15 pm

Is there a copy of the old Sturt song (the one from the 70s) on line?
don't like the om-pa-pa one they use now
killer
killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:36 pm

killer wrote:Is there a copy of the old Sturt song (the one from the 70s) on line?
don't like the om-pa-pa one they use now

Here it is

I noticed they used the 00's version of the club song when the team ran out today, but reverted to the current one at the end of the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:26 pm

Well done Sturt
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:35 pm

Great game of football, players from both sides gave their all & both teams should be applauded at the way they played, hard, tough & fair, I think the main difference (talking about the whole match) was Sturt went longer & the power reserves seemed to be more of a chipping it around team....actually having a meal shortly & meeting some Sturt mates at the Arkaba after
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:28 pm

Just home from the Ark.
Must have missed you Bayman among the throng.

It was a big day for me. Been off sick all week and didn't think I cuold go the distance. And it looked a bit like that for Sturt in the last quarter. Bang Bang Bang to Port to square it all up and I thought we were done.

But whilst the boys couldn't really rally much by way of systematic movement forward they managed to grind out a goal and a behind which was just enough by the barest of margins.

270 tackles for the game showed how physically hard it was.

Port won nearly all stat categories except the final score.
I suppose they might feel a bit hard done by, but I guess that could have been both ways as Sturt led at every change.

Hats off to Port, I might have suspected they could already have been in party mode with the AFL bowing out a few weeks ago. But they were fast, committed and kept coming.

If we have to have them, I would be much happier if they played as the Power (with the added Teal)as that is what they are. This Magpie charade just dilutes all that previous history to me.

The cheer squad still seem happy to live with it, as according to them they were playing for #37. The SANFL budget would seem to disagree on that however. I think they had it at #34. I think many might say #1.

I am not sure if Sturt have ever won the treble before (18, Res, League). Who was the last club to do that?

The Prez brought out the "finest hour" call, I guess back to back and a treble must be close especially in light of the odds against Sturt and context of the arm wrestle it was.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:58 am

Only 2nd club in SANFL History to win top 3 grades

Central won League, Reserves, Under 19's in 2003

Sturt first to win League, Reserves, Under 18's
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:25 pm

PhilH wrote:Only 2nd club in SANFL History to win top 3 grades

Central won League, Reserves, Under 19's in 2003

Sturt first to win League, Reserves, Under 18's

An old time Torrens supporter told me yesterday they did it in 1953. He is over 80 so his memory could be playing tricks.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:53 pm

Congrats to Sturt, well deserved victory.
Impressive how they have turned the club around.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:58 pm

Seven goals for each team? Manchester City scored 5 on the weekend and they're not allowed to use their hands.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:54 pm

My take on the game..

Port played like a Reserves team....... a few players with talent, a lot with POTENTIAL, and a few plodders with zero talent.They had no direction,were full of individual agendas ,no teamwork and a B grade coach.
Their professional standard of fitness only got them into the game as Sturt tired.
Believe it or not Sturt also possessed quite a few ex afl listed players too... Riley, McMahon, Osborn, Colquhoun , Read, Battersby, Summner, have I missed any...? Kirkwood and Beard were also more than handy recruits for the Blues ,they fled Port Adelaide 4 yrs ago after seeing the light on the wall that Summerton clearly didnt. The dynamic duo offered themselves as a package to most sanfl clubs at the time, Sturt eventually held the winning ticket when the hammer fell after the dutch auction . Sturt managed to write a cheque that was in a different league compared to other bidders, despite the club being on its knees financially at the time..but its paid dividends now.. big time

Sturt thoroughly deserved their victory. They were by far the best side my beloved Panthers played this year.
I hope Dugga is taking notes and getting an education .... Eddy should be delisted immediately... welcome home Keegan....bring on 2018.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:58 pm

I have a hunch that the Port Reserves circa 2018 might not be quite as formidable as they were this year. I reckon they could potentially lose quite a few afl games' worth.

I suspect there will be a number of retirements / delistings that will have an effect on their list. Here's a few.

Lobbe - With a few youngsters bobbing up, his tenure as the back up back up could be over.

Krakouer - I think he will be delisted. Playing as a top up seems unlikely.

Monfries - Another likely delisting.

Summerton - His possibly exit has been well documented.

Toumpas - Hard to see him remaining with the Power. Eagles bound?

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:59 pm

Flag No.10 wrote:Seven goals for each team? Manchester City scored 5 on the weekend and they're not allowed to use their hands.

...and they said Collo and Bassett were too defensive! Very Happy
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

SANFL Grand Final: Port v Sturt - Sunday 24 September @ Adelaide Oval - Page 3 Empty 2017 SANFL GF

Post by erik70 Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:31 pm

SANFL Grand Final: Port v Sturt - Sunday 24 September @ Adelaide Oval - Page 3 Dsc_0210
SANFL Grand Final: Port v Sturt - Sunday 24 September @ Adelaide Oval - Page 3 Dsc_0110
erik70
erik70

Teams : NORWOOD ADELAIDE CROWS
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by erik70 Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:33 pm

erik70 wrote:SANFL Grand Final: Port v Sturt - Sunday 24 September @ Adelaide Oval - Page 3 Dsc_0210
SANFL Grand Final: Port v Sturt - Sunday 24 September @ Adelaide Oval - Page 3 Dsc_0110
As the Abba song says The Winner Takes It All
erik70
erik70

Teams : NORWOOD ADELAIDE CROWS
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Biglumpy Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:50 am

blueandwhite wrote:My take on the game..

Port played like a Reserves team....... a few players with talent, a lot with POTENTIAL, and a few plodders with zero talent.They had no direction,were full of individual agendas ,no teamwork and a B grade coach.
Their professional standard of fitness only got them into the game as Sturt tired.
Believe it or not Sturt also possessed quite a few ex afl listed players too... Riley, McMahon, Osborn, Colquhoun , Read, Battersby, Summner, have I missed any...?  Kirkwood and Beard were also more than handy recruits for the Blues ,they fled Port Adelaide 4 yrs ago after seeing the light on the wall that Summerton clearly didnt. The dynamic duo offered themselves as a package to most sanfl clubs at the time, Sturt eventually held the winning ticket when the hammer fell after the dutch auction . Sturt managed to write a cheque that was in a different league compared to other bidders, despite the club being on its knees financially at the time..but its paid dividends now.. big time

Sturt thoroughly deserved their victory. They were by far the best side my beloved Panthers played this year.
I hope Dugga is taking notes and getting an education .... Eddy should be delisted immediately... welcome home Keegan....bring on 2018.

You have a source for this info mate?
Biglumpy
Biglumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:27 am

An interesting little aside from the GF.

Sturt has posted a statement on its web site, after receiving complaints about the playing of the "wrong" club song before the GF.

Apparently a chap (known to the club) who was dressed in suit and club tie, approached security staff saying that he urgently needed to get a CD of the club song to the SMA media people, as the club wanted his updated version played.

I believe it was the rocky guitar riff version the club had used a few years ago, but not the one that is in current use.

Anyway, it seems he was successful and the rocky version was played.

After the club investigated, they issued they statement and have banned the bloke permanently.

Much ado about nothing maybe, but the club was not amused.

PS: They played the right version after the game.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:21 am

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:An interesting little aside from the GF.

Sturt has posted a statement on its web site, after receiving complaints about the playing of the "wrong" club song before the GF.

Apparently a chap (known to the club) who was dressed in suit and club tie, approached security staff saying that he urgently needed to get a CD of the club song to the SMA media people, as the club wanted his updated version played.

I believe it was the rocky guitar riff version the club had used a few years ago, but not the one that is in current use.

Anyway, it seems he was successful and the rocky version was played.

After the club investigated, they issued they statement and have banned the bloke permanently.

Much ado about nothing maybe, but the club was not amused.

PS: They played the right version after the game.

Have to admit I raised my eyebrows when I heard that version going over the PA. The current version was used all finals series’s - including the Reserves Grand Final. Then it changed all of a sudden.

Mind you, in 2009, the rocky guitar riff version was played all season, then Grand Final day it changed to the current version, so not the first time something like this has happened with a version of Sturt’s club song on Grand Final day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3