+4
UncleHuey
mickyj
Scrappy
Brucetiki
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 16: Sturt v Glenelg - Saturday 12 August @ Peter Motley Oval Empty Round 16: Sturt v Glenelg - Saturday 12 August @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:17 pm

Sturt v Glenelg
Saturday 12 August
Peter Motley Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Both sides are coming off wins. Who will keep their winning form going?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 16: Sturt v Glenelg - Saturday 12 August @ Peter Motley Oval Empty Re: Round 16: Sturt v Glenelg - Saturday 12 August @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by bayman Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:28 pm

Sturt at home in a tight one, lets say by 5 points, i'm sure both teams will want to flex their muscles as the could meet in the finals & have a slight mental edge if indeed they do meet
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 16: Sturt v Glenelg - Saturday 12 August @ Peter Motley Oval Empty Re: Round 16: Sturt v Glenelg - Saturday 12 August @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:41 pm

Yes I reckon a tight one too.
Wouldn't mind having Riley and Fraser Evans back for this one.
Sewing up the double chance is proving difficult.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:45 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Yes I reckon a tight one too.

Chambo, the last match of the year between Norwood & Sturt could well decide the double chance, be a huge game if it comes to that
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:02 pm

Yes indeed.
And I think this year that double chance will prove important.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:05 pm

Ive LOOKed into my crystal ball
Norwood might have to beat Sturt by several goals in the last game to beat them home
If this is the case , I will quote this post
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:26 pm

Unley is typically heavy this time of year and after the rain we've had my bet it is going to be a slow deck. Reasonable chance of further rain Thursday and Friday might negate quickness being a factor.

If so, I reckon it is going to be a grind and not all that pretty.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:01 pm

Fraser Evans will be back for Sturt this week, I reckon they should look at the bigger picture & give him another week off, he says with tongue firmly planted in cheek (was rested last match)
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:32 am

Think the Blues by at least 5 goals, but probably depends which Glenelg turns up
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:03 pm

I think this will be a very hard game to pick .
Sturt games I have watched this year Sturt start off well.
Either don't kick straight or just stop after 1/4 time .
The last Glenelg game I watched Glenelg controlled the game for 2 and 1/2 quarters . Basically ran out of legs and stopped .
Which coach can use either of how the other team stops after being in control will win the game .
5 to 7 points in a close game
Anyone's guess on who can out coach the other
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:18 pm

The Bays are a chance here and have won some close games at Unley over the years. However, I think the Double Blues will win by 6 points.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:08 pm

bayman wrote:Sturt at home in a tight one, lets say by 5 points, i'm sure both teams will want to flex their muscles as the could meet in the finals & have a slight mental edge if indeed they do meet

Given the Glenelg outs, i'll suggest Sturt by 5 or 6 goals Crying or Very sad
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:08 pm

final score..
Sturt 14.17.101
Glenelg 7.10.52

lets just say a 49 point loss flattered the Tigers who were completely outclassed by a well drilled machine
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:52 pm

Bayman not suggesting any bearing on result or the tone of the game, but what is your take on the bloke going for a mark and when a bump occurs to the opponent in front, free kick against.

There were 3 I saw yesterday 2 against Sturt and 1 against Bays and I was just gobsmacked how an umpire could think any of them were infringements against the man in front.

No hands in the back, all just the bloke going for the mark and holding his ground.

In one case Osborne (a big man) had his hands up ready to go the the mark and was moving backwards when the incidental contact came. Free kick against.

It kills the spectacle the way they over umpire in my opinion.

Sorry, rant over.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:54 pm

I thought the crowd was pretty good too. Not sure official number.

Saw the great Super Carey having a chat to Flash Graham on the terrace too.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:07 pm

bayman wrote:
Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Yes I reckon a tight one too.

Chambo, the last  match of the year between Norwood & Sturt could well decide the double chance, be a huge game if it comes to that  

Norwood's heavy loss on the weekend went some way to easing that burden. The Legs are playing Port next week, so another loss could decide it before the final round. I guess we'll see.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:47 pm

I hardly ever let the umpiring bother me, but to answer your question the frees you were talking about well let's just say when I was skinny there would have been no free kick given....as for next week if Sturt win & Norwood lose, would Sturt "manage" players in the last round to have them cherry ripe for the qualifying final?
All hypothetical obviously but I'd love to know what you would do....Personally I'd rest anyone slightly sore
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:21 am

Hadn't thought about that.
I don't think Marty would get too far ahead just yet as not stitched up.

But maybe there are one or two that might be considered.
Riley still has to come back and fit in. Ir will be interesting who might miss out next week if he is fit. I didn't think there were too many passengers on Saturday.

I am not sure about Fraser Evans hip. He seemed to be moving ok on Saturday, but they can be troublesome.

I don't know what Mattner's ideas on "managing" might be as he hasn't had that luxury up to now.

Maybe I would. Not sure.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:28 pm

Sturt looked much too good and a class above at the weekend. Would be firming into premiership favorites at present, hard to see a weak link in the team.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:04 pm

Your talking about Dom Barry I presume although your statement of what he did is incorrect, he played up to the crowd because a free for Sturt was missed, all good natured fun between a player & supporters....if you don't want characters & entertainers in the game then watch the robots in the afl instead
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:05 pm

By the way first 21 a SIMPLE question for you, who do you barrack for ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:02 am

First 21 wrote:Apparently Sturt missed very attainable goals and Glenelg were flattered with the final margin. Some very strange umpiring in Glenelgs favour and a player from Glenelg was 'waving " to the crowd after he took a mark ? He then missed the goal and did the shhh signal to the crowd ? Was also asked if Bay fans travel as I hear it was a good crowd between 3500 and 4000 yet a very small Glenelg contingent.

Were you there F21?
If not, where did all this info come from?
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next