Mannyredleg
First 21
spell_check
Scrappy
Brucetiki
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Round 15: Eagles v Norwood - Saturday 29 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 15: Eagles v Norwood - Saturday 29 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by goddy11 Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:48 am

Good comments Bayman and Columbo. You never see the supporters of the team receiving a free complaining. Saturday had a big difference in frees towards the Eags and I know I am biased but the game seemed to be well umpired. I can not recall any stand out frees to either side. I am not one of those supporters that goes to a game to watch the umpires. Sitting in the cricket club it is hard to gauge the feel for the game sometimes that you get in the outer, however against Norwood the umpiring always becomes a common theme.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Round 15: Eagles v Norwood - Saturday 29 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 15: Eagles v Norwood - Saturday 29 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Scrunch Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:17 am

goddy11 wrote:Good comments Bayman and Columbo. You never see the supporters of the team receiving a free complaining. Saturday had a big difference in frees towards the Eags and I know I am biased but the game seemed to be well umpired. I can not recall any stand out frees to either side. I am not one of those supporters that goes to a game to watch the umpires. Sitting in the cricket club it is hard to gauge the feel for the game sometimes that you get in the outer, however against Norwood the umpiring always becomes a common theme.

Norwood supporters generally out number the opposition these days, so that partly makes them more noticeable. As with all clubs, they have their fair share (maybe a few more) of peanuts.

If you think the complaints about the Eagles and umpiring are limited to just Norwood people though, you would be a long way off the mark.

I am similar to you Goddy, don't pay too much attention to the umpiring, most weeks I'll disagree with some against us but then also acknowledge when we've copped a lucky one (as we did several times Vs the Crows the week before). Just thought it was really noticeable on the weekend, which I found highly unusual.

As I said in my response to Micky, you guys should be playing in the GF because you will certainly finish top 3, whereas Norwood will start from the Elimination Final, which generally doesn't amount to too much.

Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:49 am

goddy11 wrote:Good comments Bayman and Columbo. You never see the supporters of the team receiving a free complaining. Saturday had a big difference in frees towards the Eags and I know I am biased but the game seemed to be well umpired. I can not recall any stand out frees to either side. I am not one of those supporters that goes to a game to watch the umpires. Sitting in the cricket club it is hard to gauge the feel for the game sometimes that you get in the outer, however against Norwood the umpiring always becomes a common theme.

Spot on
I was over reacting to Norwoods fans at the game
The Norwood player reported should get off
Wasn't worth a report
That umpire actually held the game up longer
Than needed and he could have just paid the free

And as I keep saying Norwood were the better team
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:53 am

Scrunch wrote:

Norwood supporters generally out number the opposition these days, so that partly makes them more noticeable. As with all clubs, they have their fair share (maybe a few more) of peanuts.

If you think the complaints about the Eagles and umpiring are limited to just Norwood people though, you would be a long way off the mark.

I am similar to you Goddy, don't pay too much attention to the umpiring, most weeks I'll disagree with some against us but then also acknowledge when we've copped a lucky one (as we did several times Vs the Crows the week before). Just thought it was really noticeable on the weekend, which I found highly unusual.

As I said in my response to Micky, you guys should be playing in the GF because you will certainly finish top 3, whereas Norwood will start from the Elimination Final, which
generally doesn't amount to too much.

I'm not one who can talk about crowd numbers
Saying that far less at Saturday's game than the Sturt game

Now yes I'm an eagle fan ect
What I've noticed
Sturt and Norwood
Had a bucket load more shots on goal than the eagles
Sturt kicked really bad over the two games
Nowood certainly kicked bad but kept going
What I'm trying to say that either wins or losers games
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2