columbo
Scrappy
UncleHuey
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Brucetiki
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Round 13: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 16 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 13: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 16 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by bayman Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:12 pm

There was a comment made by one Sturt supporter standing behind the southern goals, he yelled out to the eagles players while in a little skirmish to "look at the scoreboard" I thought it was premature to say that at the time & it proved to be true as Sturt hardly scored after that, perhaps he put the kiss of death on his own team & inspired the eagles at the same time
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 13: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 16 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 13: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 16 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by goddy11 Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:30 pm

Scrappy wrote:Hey Mickey and Goddy 11

I was with a Woodville West Torrens friend today at the game
Early in the match we discussed which Hayes was the better footballer, Nick or Jack
Both are outstanding players and great overhead marks
My friend suggested Nick, but I think Jack is perhaps slightly the better footballer, that opinion only from a handful of games watching both of them play

Micky/Goddy you guys would have seen more of the dynamic duo, whats your opinion ?

Nick is the more brilliant and has a touch of class, also better kick. Jack has a touch of Mitch
McGovern although he had a quiet period a few weeks back. Great mark and good as second ruck.
kicking erratic sometimes but ok today.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:56 pm

No no.1 ruck?  1st choice full forward?  No three best mids?  No worries!  Whoever is slotting into these roles, does so with aplomb.  Take a look at West for example - credited with 40 hit outs...after an apprenticeship in the Reserves, and a quiet first match, he has adjusted to League level nicely.  Both Hayes brothers up forward have good pairs of hands, and take good contested marks.  While Sturt had their full contingent of midfielders, after quarter time Lewis, Rowland, Sinor, Johansen - amongst others - got down and dirty to outmuscle them.

In conditions that have been foreign to the Eagles players for nearly two seasons, it did not seem to faze them.  Over the last two seasons, our depth has rarely been tested...in 2015 it was at the most inopportune time; 2016 probably had players underdone come that same time.  This year, we have had to give newcomers game time in pressure packed matches like this.  Will this work come finals time? One would think so, but of course, I can only tentatively wait and see.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:56 am

goddy11 wrote:
Scrappy wrote:Hey Mickey and Goddy 11

I was with a Woodville West Torrens friend today at the game
Early in the match we discussed which Hayes was the better footballer, Nick or Jack
Both are outstanding players and great overhead marks
My friend suggested Nick, but I think Jack is perhaps slightly the better footballer, that opinion only from a handful of games watching both of them play

Micky/Goddy you guys would have seen more of the dynamic duo, whats your opinion ?

Nick is the more brilliant and has a touch of class, also better kick. Jack has a touch of Mitch
McGovern although he had a quiet period a few weeks back. Great mark and good as second ruck.
kicking erratic sometimes but ok today.

Sorry Scrappy forgot to answer
Nick was on the Brisbane list got delisted came home
I think Nick has been a better player this year than last year .
Jack was a stand out last year in the seconds
Goddy may know more than me but I think someone told me or it was written online
Jack was told to stand up this year play forward and be second Ruck
Sometimes this year I've thought he's been a bit down then suddenly he goes in the ruck
Bam he stands up produces the goods
Both brothers do have a knack of finding each other with the ball .
Whose better
Nick is good
Jack might be more versatile
I'm not 100 percent sure but maybe Nick
There is supposedly three more Hayes boys out there younger playing footy
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Segall Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:49 pm

Seems to be a trend in Eagles games this year that they step up a gear after half time and teams can't go with them
Ty Segall
Ty Segall

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:57 pm

Ty Segall wrote:Seems to be a trend in Eagles games this year that they step up a gear after half time and teams can't go with them

Can't argue with that
Even with players off the ground injured the eagles just manage to step it up
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:11 pm

bayman wrote:when the rain came the Eagles bigger bodies wore Sturt down, I do think had Hone kicked a goal early in the last quarter & had a 2 goal lead they may have been able to hang on, i don't think it went into Sturts' forward 50 after that point, Mickyj alluded about the umpiring i agree they were inconsistent with the htb interpretation, however the most glaring mistake was late in the game when Hayes pulled a Sturt player out of a contest in the goal square & then picked up the ball & kicked the goal & sealed the deal..it was clearly a free kick....it was a tough bruising encounter with plenty of heavy collisions & it must be said all players just went for the ball with these collisions, one Sturt play had a 2 or 3 minute ''Barry Crocker'' he pulled out of a contest, realized what he had done, went after the ball, got it & kicked it straight to an Eagles player..............i also saw a 7 metre short pass paid & less than a minute later a 20 metre kick was called ''play on''

Ok Bayman don't spread this reply around you were correct and muggins me was wrong
I couldn't see the nick Hayes goal from afar or from my vantage point on the wing
Watched the sanfl high lights on Facebook whoever the commentator was clearly stated that Hayes was holding the man
From that vision on that angle yes he did
But that displays how bad the umpiring was Sunday lots of missed frees to either side
The record for the day 24 frees both ways
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Segall Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:52 pm

mickyj wrote:
bayman wrote:when the rain came the Eagles bigger bodies wore Sturt down, I do think had Hone kicked a goal early in the last quarter & had a 2 goal lead they may have been able to hang on, i don't think it went into Sturts' forward 50 after that point, Mickyj alluded about the umpiring i agree they were inconsistent with the htb interpretation, however the most glaring mistake was late in the game when Hayes pulled a Sturt player out of a contest in the goal square & then picked up the ball & kicked the goal & sealed the deal..it was clearly a free kick....it was a tough bruising encounter with plenty of heavy collisions & it must be said all players just went for the ball with these collisions, one Sturt play had a 2 or 3 minute ''Barry Crocker'' he pulled out of a contest, realized what he had done, went after the ball, got it & kicked it straight to an Eagles player..............i also saw a 7 metre short pass paid & less than a minute later a 20 metre kick was called ''play on''

Ok Bayman don't spread this reply around you were correct and muggins me was wrong
I couldn't see the nick Hayes goal from afar or from my vantage point on the wing
Watched the sanfl high lights on Facebook whoever the commentator was clearly stated that Hayes was holding the man
From that vision on that angle yes he did
But that displays how bad the umpiring was Sunday lots of missed frees to either side
The record for the day 24 frees both ways

Those commentators are clowns...the one that's from the ABC should stick to cricket and having a sturt supporter calling the game is a joke
Ty Segall
Ty Segall

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2