oldfella
Scrappy
Mannyredleg
Big Phil
9 posters

Go down

Email to Norwood members  Empty Email to Norwood members

Post by bayman Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:13 pm

I just got a text telling me about this email, perhaps someone can post the actual wording please, however as I understand it a group of Norwood supporters have been abusive towards league officials, obviously that's not on & they wouldn't be REAL Norwood supporters !!
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Email to Norwood members  Empty Re: Email to Norwood members

Post by Big Phil Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:47 pm

http://norwoodfc.com.au/letter-members-supporters/

Norwood Email wrote:

Dear Members and Supporters,

It has been brought to my attention that a group of our supporters have been extremely abusive to the umpires over recent weeks, during and post matches. I appreciate the emotional nature of our sport and encourage the unwavering support that our members and supporters provide our Club and its players. However, it is not acceptable to offer abusive language and threating remarks to umpires, match officials or players. Whilst we may all have an opinion regarding the performance of any individual we should never lose sight that we are all human beings, we are all capable of making mistakes and most importantly we should respect that umpiring is an integral part of the game. I would like it clearly understood that we as a Club do not and will not condone such behaviour. In the event that this antisocial behaviour continues we will reserve the right to take immediate action against those individuals involved. Please be assured the success of a club requires the absolute investment of its players, staff, members and supporters united and disciplined in its endeavours to reach the ultimate goal.

James Fantasia

CEO Norwood Football Club
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Mannyredleg Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:49 pm

We could meet half way and if the umpires could apologise for their performance Sunday we could reciprocate.
Mannyredleg
Mannyredleg

Teams : Norwood
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:03 pm

Just for the record, It wasn't me
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:58 pm

Thanks Phil, I can confirm it wasn't Scrappy, in fact Scrappy doesn't even have a mobile phone, it was from a female friend whose dad is a Norwood man
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:59 pm

Mannyredleg wrote:We could meet half way and if the umpires could apologise for their performance Sunday we could reciprocate.

I hope that was an attempt at humour, if not all I would say is, that's the spirit
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:52 am

bayman wrote:Thanks Phil, I can confirm it wasn't Scrappy, in fact Scrappy doesn't even have a mobile phone, it was from a female friend whose dad is a Norwood man

My it wasn't me post is referring to the fact it wasn't me that has been abusing the umpires

Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:47 am

I am a westies supporter but honestly all clubs have small groups of idiot supporters --- based on what i have seen last and this season all the clubs could have needed to send out this email.

The wording is both appropriate and strong imo -- the challenge for me is for supporters of all sanfl clubs to be intolerant of inappropriate behaviour and to report thier concerns to the respective club for thier actions.
oldfella
oldfella

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:06 pm

Passing judgement on umps and players alike - and vocalizing it - is part of the game and always will be, but obviously some supporters have gone too far if the SANFL has had to raise it with the club. Hopefully James' well worded message has the desired effect moving forward.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:25 pm

oldfella wrote:I am a westies supporter but honestly all clubs have small groups of idiot supporters --- based on what i have seen last and this season all the clubs could have needed to send out this email.

The wording is both appropriate and strong imo -- the challenge for me is for supporters of all sanfl clubs to be intolerant of inappropriate behaviour and to report thier concerns to the respective club for thier actions.

Your correct every club has the idiot supporters. I have seen some of the Norwood group near the north eastern bar and seen the same yobs at Woodville. Just loud mouth and constantly complaining very vocally .

Just watch the game fellas and for GS, its only a game.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:16 am

Scrunch wrote:Passing judgement on umps and players alike - and vocalizing it - is part of the game and always will be, but obviously some supporters have gone too far if the SANFL has had to raise it with the club. Hopefully James' well worded message has the desired effect moving forward.

Just playing the devils advocate, could the original complainers be way too soft skinned & this group haven't been as vial as suggested??

bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:42 am

bayman wrote:
Scrunch wrote:Passing judgement on umps and players alike - and vocalizing it - is part of the game and always will be, but obviously some supporters have gone too far if the SANFL has had to raise it with the club. Hopefully James' well worded message has the desired effect moving forward.

Just playing the devils advocate, could the original complainers be way too soft skinned & this group haven't been as vial as suggested??

Fair question Bayman, and one I wouldn't know the answer to. In today's society there's every possibility though I guess.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:22 pm

And Sturt have done a video which makes it pretty clear the behaviour they expect and what you can do if you can't meet it.

https://vimeo.com/222309164/c276c5c213
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:50 pm

PhilH wrote:And Sturt have done a video which makes it pretty clear the behaviour they expect and what you can do if you can't meet it.

https://vimeo.com/222309164/c276c5c213

Good video, a powerful and clear message. Well down Sturt for putting it out there.

UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down