Round 10: Glenelg v Eagles - Saturday 24 June @ Gliderol Stadium

5 posters

Go down

Round 10: Glenelg v Eagles - Saturday 24 June @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Round 10: Glenelg v Eagles - Saturday 24 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:03 pm

Glenelg v Eagles
Saturday 24 June
Gliderol Stadium

Reserves: 10:30am
League: 1:10pm

Glenelg face an Eagles side that has fallen over the line in their past couple of games. Will the home comforts of Glenelg help them get over the line, or will the Eagles find a way to win.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 10: Glenelg v Eagles - Saturday 24 June @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 10: Glenelg v Eagles - Saturday 24 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by bayman Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:51 am

I believe Boyd, Almond & possibly a couple of others will be back for the Eagles, this match will show us whether Glenelg are a genuine finals chance or have just had a good run with a good draw, I'm tipping Glenelg to make a statement to the competition & remain undefeated at home in 2017, bays by 27 points
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 10: Glenelg v Eagles - Saturday 24 June @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 10: Glenelg v Eagles - Saturday 24 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by mickyj Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:01 am

I'm worried lots of injuries for the Eagles
Yes players back but eagles with out Wundke and pup again
Who knows smalls kicked a lot of goals last game
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:17 pm

What sort of starting time is 1:10 pm? People with Saturday morning commitments are going to be in a rush to get there.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:20 pm

UncleHuey wrote:What sort of starting time is 1:10 pm? People with Saturday morning commitments are going to be in a rush to get there.

TV Game
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:29 pm

mickyj wrote:
UncleHuey wrote:What sort of starting time is 1:10 pm? People with Saturday morning commitments are going to be in a rush to get there.

TV Game

both counts are correct by Mickyj & Uncle Huey, absolute garbage to bend to the needs to have a ''fill in program'' (and that is what it is) for a tv station, i work until 12 noon on Saturday so it'll be a rush even for me to lock up a shop & walk across from Jetty Road to the Bay Oval
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:19 pm

bayman wrote:
mickyj wrote:

TV Game

both counts are correct by Mickyj & Uncle Huey, absolute garbage to bend to the needs to have a ''fill in program'' (and that is what it is) for a tv station, i work until 12 noon on Saturday so it'll be a rush even for me to lock up a shop & walk across from Jetty Road to the Bay Oval
Strange I know but the powder puffs start at the same time at the G but its delayed on 7 until 4
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:08 pm

Be a Foxtel game then, as I said it's a "fill in program"
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:15 pm

Round 10: Glenelg v Eagles - Saturday 24 June @ Gliderol Stadium Rd-10-Glenelg-League-Team-Lineup-1024x852
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:46 pm

I was waiting someone else to post
That was a game the Eagles shouldn't have won
Would like to know besides big guns out why the Eagles take to either part way through the third or into the fourth term to win .
But saying that whatever they were told at 1/2 time by Gods worked
Glenelg were the better team for roughly 2 and 1/2 terms . But were really over defensive in the fourth term
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:02 pm

Ran out of legs in the last as we had no one on the bench. Losing Agnew in the first minute of the day cost us big time both in terms of interchange and his run out of defence we were missing.

The bays didn't show up for the last quarter, got absolutely smashed in the middle and couldn't get their hands on the ball. Disappointing as we looked the better team in the first 2 and 1/2 terms. Two late goals in time-on of the third from the Eagles hurt, one from a push in the back that wasn't called and a mark on the siren that was touch and go.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:07 pm

UncleHuey wrote:Ran out of legs in the last as we had no one on the bench. Losing Agnew in the first minute of the day cost us big time both in terms of interchange and his run out of defence we were missing.

The bays didn't show up for the last quarter, got absolutely smashed in the middle and couldn't get their hands on the ball. Disappointing as we looked the better team in the first 2 and 1/2 terms. Two late goals in time-on of the third from the Eagles hurt, one from a push in the back that wasn't called and a mark on the siren that was touch and go.

Bombers mark your talking about it's a bit of a talk fest
Those standing near the grand stand say it was after the mark those of us near the tennis courts siren was after the mark .
Saying that no one could say that cost Glenelg the game Eagles kiched the last 5 out of 6 goals . I read somewhere online the amount of inside 50s in the last 38 mins exact number escapes me maybe one to Glenelg the rest to the Eagles .
Somehow after 1/2 time the game changed
You lost a player early like the eagles did against south
One of the big differences Eagles big guns out
One of the two coming back was Boyd he got the ball out of the centre bounces missed that for weeks

If we are talking sirens why was the siren sounded before the game ended on Saturday
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:08 pm

They way the last quarter was played the disputed mark didn't decide the game. More of a momentum swing but the Tigers should have been able to overcome it. Eagles were much too good in the last and the Bays couldn't get it out of defence for minutes at a time.

The last siren started to sound just as the umpire signalled all clear so I presume the time keeper turned it off again. Must have been 0.1 seconds left as when the ump bounced the ball afterwards the siren sounded before it came down.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:08 pm

From the outer side i thought the siren sounded marginally before Boorholm marked it, having said that if the loud speakers were on & picked up the siren then that would be why i heard it apparently before the umpires did, however being that close there is no argument as it could have been called both ways & we got the short end of the stick......have to concentrate on Central rather than this....

umpire Schramm (not sure of how his name is spelt)

when Ian Milera went down the Eagles players were demanding a free kick for their team mate getting kicked in the leg, umpire Schramm clearly said ''they got each other in the legs, do you want me to pay 2 free kicks'' i thought that was great umpiring
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:59 am

bayman wrote:From the outer side i thought the siren sounded marginally before Boorholm marked it, having said that if the loud speakers were on & picked up the siren then that would be why i heard it apparently before the umpires did, however being that close there is no argument as it could have been called both ways & we got the short end of the stick......have to concentrate on Central rather than this....

umpire Schramm (not sure of how his name is spelt)

when Ian Milera went down the Eagles players were demanding a free kick for their team mate getting kicked in the leg, umpire Schramm clearly said ''they got each other in the legs, do you want me to pay 2 free kicks'' i thought that was great umpiring
After watching the game live then re watching it on the tv on the 7 app
Firstly it is much better to be at the game than tv watching
Commentary not sure which guy wasn't kept saying the bay fans throwing pencils and budgets and hats at the umpires probably while meant in fun has got some bay fans up in arms .
Honestly the tv did that game little judgement
The bay's yep running down the ground
When some good things were going on on the grandstand side.
All the camera men or ladies could film was number 13 going over the line and back on .
Whatever went on in the game was missed
From where I was sitting the Thompson spoils or stopping number 7 from taking overhead marks in the last . Was great live but basically couldn't be seen from the tv .
Same with the other captain Guff who pressured number 13 so much and forced him to kick out on the full didn't look so good on the tv.
Saying that I'm sure the same could be found by bays fans
At least the tv backed me up the siren going 20 seconds early in the last term

But like bayman says that game is gone Port this week another hard game
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down