Vale FRED Drolsbach

2 posters

Go down

Vale FRED Drolsbach Empty Vale FRED Drolsbach

Post by oldfella Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:46 am

Last week not just the glenelg football club but the entire sanfl lost one of its good guys fred drolsbach.

Over 30 years at west adelaide i got to meet fred when we played the bays and it was always a pleasure to meet and talk to this humble, friendly great guy. He had the gift to make on feel that he was so happy to talk to you.

Fred loved his bays with a passion but his love for football especially younger player was bigger than just the bays. He allways knew who westies had new and allways comented on thier game, i can never remember him ever putting down a player and could be fierce in defending players of all clubs.

He often used to say to me in discussion that he considerred that there was an extra team in the league and that was the unpaid volenteers from all clubs and he embraced them as team mates.

To his wife judy and family the football comunity as a whole express our sympathy and support in these trying times -- we of the extra team feel his loss so deeply, life must go on but somehow it will not seem the same.

RiP legend and allround good guy
oldfella
oldfella

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Vale FRED Drolsbach Empty Re: Vale FRED Drolsbach

Post by oldfella Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:53 am

Graham cornes article link from the advertiser that i feel is one of his finest efforts written from the heart

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/expert-opinion/graham-cornes/volunteers-like-fred-the-rocks-on-which-sporting-clubs-are-built-says-graham-cornes/news-story/a3e894df5a2cb601a3b57fe78f240c86
oldfella
oldfella

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:27 am

RIP Fred.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content