Scrunch
PhilH
Southee
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Lee
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Gotch Gone ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gotch Gone ?

Post by blueandwhite Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:17 pm

Whiskas to coach the Panthers.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:26 pm

blueandwhite wrote:Whiskas to coach the Panthers.

Really ? i reckon you'll go backwards with him at the helm ?

surely there are better ''coaches'' than him around ?

btw if this is true the author of this thread deserves an apology
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:27 pm

Hocking will coach South Adelaide next year...
..Imo he has big shoes to fill..
best of luck to Brad and Michelle -a great coach- but an even better human being.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:25 pm

Media Release from South Adelaide...

Brad Gotch to depart South Adelaide Football Club in 2017, Garry Hocking appointed as Senior Coach.

The South Adelaide Football Club wishes to inform its members and supporters that Senior Coach Brad Gotch will be departing the Club to take up a
coaching opportunity with Collingwood in 2017. Experienced coach Garry Hocking has been appointed as the Panthers new Senior Coach.

Gotch, who has been at the helm of the Panthers since the 2014 season, informed the Club last week that he would accept an offer to join Collingwood in 2017.

South Adelaide Football Club Chairman, Andrew Luckhurst-Smith praised Gotch for his positive contribution to the Panthers and declared the Club was not surprised that the AFL had coming calling for Gotch’s services.

“Brad Gotch has been a fantastic ambassador of the South Adelaide Football Club since his appointment as Senior Coach,” said Luckhurst-Smith.

“In his time with the Club, Brad has built a wonderful rapport with the playing group and supporters alike. His affable persona around the Club will be missed as much as his tactical nous in the coach’s box.

“While a Premiership remained elusive during Brad’s tenure as Senior Coach, we believe his work has set the Club up for a sustainable period of success in the future.

“It is sad to see someone of Brad’s character and ability depart our Club, but we are not surprised that someone of his talent had been called upon by the AFL.

“On behalf of everyone at South Adelaide, we wish Brad the very best in his future endeavors and trust he will be successful wherever he plies his trade.”

Gotch explained that being closer to his family in Victoria and the lure of returning to the AFL influenced his decision to leave South Adelaide, but also mentioned that he believes he is leaving a Club in a strong position to compete for years to come.

“The main instigator to go back [to Victoria] was my family, but also the opportunity to get back into the AFL system,” said Gotch.

“I was previously a coach with Collingwood for eight years and was a part of two Grand Final sides and won a Premiership with its VFL affiliate Williamstown during my time there.

“To go back to a Club I have a history and passion for ten years on as a more experienced coach was something I couldn’t pass up.

“My decision to leave was a tough one, but was made a little bit easier by the fact I believe South Adelaide is really well placed for the future. They know what has to be done to achieve the ultimate success.

“I will certainly miss the people. That will be the hardest thing. I’ve had a great affiliation with all the people at South and I couldn’t have loved my three years with the Club any more than I did.”

After joining South Adelaide prior to the 2014 season, Gotch coached the Panthers to 36 wins, 22 losses and a draw, including Finals campaigns in 2014 and 2016.

The Panthers moved swiftly to replace the departing Gotch, appointing highly credentialed Garry Hocking as their new Senior Coach for season 2017.
Hocking brings a wealth of coaching experience to South Adelaide, holding a coaching resume that includes roles with Western Jets, Peel Thunder, Geelong Falcons, Port Adelaide Power and Port Adelaide Magpies.

Hocking is also familiar with the SANFL competition, having coached Port Adelaide Magpies during their first two seasons as Port Adelaide’s AFL affiliated SANFL side, including the 2014 SANFL Grand Final.

Hocking’s playing career is also well documented. A 274-game player for Geelong, he is also a four-time Best & Fairest winner with the Cats, a member of the Australian Football Hall of Fame, Geelong Hall of Fame, Geelong Team of the Century and a four-time All-Australian.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:47 pm

Big loss for South, I rate Gotch highly and he has done good work with the Panthers. Not sure that Hocking is the right person, he hasn't exactly shone in any of his previous coaching appointments.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:17 pm

is Hocking the actual new coach did channel 7 jump the gun ?
Any south people can you confirm that a new coach has been appointed
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:50 pm

mickyj wrote:is Hocking the actual new coach did channel 7 jump the gun ?

The Media Release from South Adelaide posted 2 above yours should confirm it, Micky...

And if you are not certain of my copy/paste from the Panthers Press Release, see below...

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/3765/
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:16 pm

Big Phil wrote:
mickyj wrote:is Hocking the actual new coach did channel 7 jump the gun ?

The Media Release from South Adelaide posted 2 above yours should confirm it, Micky...

And if you are not certain of my copy/paste from the Panthers Press Release, see below...

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/3765/

Wasn't doubting you Big Phil but channel 7 announced he was coaching South then it went away .
so did 7 jump the gun
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by blueandwhite Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:58 pm

waddayamean wrote:
bayman wrote:

Thankyou Bayman but that won't happen. It was quite obvious something wasn't right .

I thought Id just enlighten this conversation with a few facts...

Gotch was never interested in the Crows position , which became available a month ago.
In the last 2 weeks its fair to say that the need for Brad to return to Melbourne became more important to he and his family.............................. at the same time- a position at Collingwood became available.....the planets aligned- game over.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:56 pm

waddayamean wrote:
blueandwhite wrote:
waddayamean wrote:
bayman wrote:

Thankyou Bayman but that won't happen. It was quite obvious something wasn't right .

I thought Id just enlighten this conversation with a few facts...

Gotch was never interested in the Crows position , which became available a month ago.
In the last 2 weeks its fair to say that the need for Brad to return to Melbourne became more important to he and his family.............................. at the same time- a position at Collingwood became available.....the planets aligned- game over.

Your first post about the reasons why ? Can I ask why you never said this before ? The topic , which I started had a question mark after . I posed a question which now is accurate .

The reason was not a reason when you you first posted/trolled; it is NOW.

blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:40 pm

Who do you barrack for, waddayamean?
RODH2
RODH2

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2