+5
Scrunch
Brucetiki
spell_check
bayman
UncleHuey
9 posters

Go down

Round 12: Norwood v Centrals - Saturday 18 June @ Coopers Stadium Empty Round 12: Norwood v Centrals - Saturday 18 June @ Coopers Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:50 pm

Both sides are coming off pretty ordinary losses. Who will bounce back this week?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 12: Norwood v Centrals - Saturday 18 June @ Coopers Stadium Empty Re: Round 12: Norwood v Centrals - Saturday 18 June @ Coopers Stadium

Post by PhilH Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:24 pm

Round 12: Norwood v Centrals - Saturday 18 June @ Coopers Stadium Lifefm10
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Round 12: Norwood v Centrals - Saturday 18 June @ Coopers Stadium Empty Re: Round 12: Norwood v Centrals - Saturday 18 June @ Coopers Stadium

Post by bayman Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:39 pm

Central in a thriller by 7 points
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:45 pm

Centrals will be too strong for the legs even though it is at Coopers and their recent record there is not great. Norwood look a bit disinterested at present.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by PhilH Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:08 pm

Thanks for the feedback, it is a work in progress with hopefully one each week previewing the allocated Life FM game.

PS If you click on it it comes up in a larger size making it easier to read.
or click "enlarge the image" at the top.
PhilH
PhilH

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:04 pm

I would suggest somewhere around 3,500....a somewhat spiteful encounter on & off throughout the game, when the game was there to be won, Central stood up, the umpiring on some spoiling decisions was deplorable, trouble is most of the umps are not ready for it but through lack of numbers they get games, the final margin doesn't reflect the tightness of the match for most of the day
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:30 pm

waddayamean wrote:I said last year Norwood is now behind the times with their game . Warren was a puppet and he gets the title of Premiership coach.

little bit harsh, yes Ben Warren took over a premiership team & i'm not sure which year but they did lose several players & still played finals so that is a fair effort in itself, the year they went top they did beat (something like) 20 listed players & Steven Summerton..............as for the game plan being out of style, i think there is two main reasons for it, first most of the elite kickers haven't played much (i include Bode in that even with todays effort when running through centre half back) & secondly the new 'last touch' rule works against that game plan, well that's my thinking of it anyway
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:45 pm

Seen a lot of Norwood's games this year, and to be fair, their team has been largely unsettled from week to week.

Missing from today's team:
Panos, Cachia, Ferriera, Phillips, Chippendale, Suckling (gone), Jefferies & Cross. Bode & Levicki have only just come back in.

The reserves are travelling beautifully so when the league start to get some of these guys back and their balance settles, I think you'll start to see them return to form.
scott
scott

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:52 pm

bayman wrote:
waddayamean wrote:I said last year Norwood is now behind the times with their game . Warren was a puppet and he gets the title of Premiership coach.

little bit harsh, yes Ben Warren took over a premiership team & i'm not sure which year but they did lose several players & still played finals so that is a fair effort in itself, the year they went top they did beat (something like) 20 listed players & Steven Summerton..............as for the game plan being out of style, i think there is two main reasons for it, first most of the elite kickers haven't played much (i include Bode in that even with todays effort when running through centre half back) & secondly the new 'last touch' rule works against that game plan, well that's my thinking of it anyway

I guess the most curious aspect of Norwood is that this time last year they were 9-1 and on top of the ladder.  Based on that alone, they were primed for 4 flags in a row.  However, starting with the loss at Glenelg the following week, Norwood have had a 5-14 record since then.  It's not exactly as if the change came between seasons; something seemed to happen last year and it's continued on.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:33 pm

The first three quarters were what you'd expect from a Norwood v Centrals game at the Parade - tough, physical, and at times spiteful with several ill disciplined acts from both sides (Holman's 25's, Norwood giving Edmead the chance at a double goal - albeit Edmead sprayed the 2nd shot - Norwood too focused on playing the man while Centrals waltzed in for an open goal ala the opening goal of Hawthorn/North Melbourne last night in the third quarter).

The last quarter, Centrals largely played the opposite to the last quarter at Woodville last week. They had the momentum, and bar an early goal by Norwood, it was all Centrals as they kicked away and blew the game apart, with inaccurate kicking the only thing making the final score not as ugly as it could've been for Norwood as they self destructed in the final term.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:00 am

Spell Check is on the money, Norwoods slide started in 2015. Norwood supporters hoped it was a rut that would be put behind them, but not to be. It is pretty damning for the coach unfortunately and it looks near impossible for him to fix things now. Injuries aren't an acceptable excuse, Norwood were poor prior to them occurring. It's also worth remembering they won a premiership in 2012 without their best player (McGuiness) and 2013 without Panos, Newton, Evans, Chippendale and a few others. Different squads I know but the point is injuries are a threat to all clubs, and they have to deal with it. Norwood has a reasonably good reserves group, but still remain inclined to hand out Golden Passes to league players that aren't having to work for their place in the team.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:09 am

Crowd - 2,352
PhilH
PhilH

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:20 pm

waddayamean wrote:Centrals win 13.15 to 8.13 , 5.8 final term for Centrals.

I listened a bit on the radio but turned it off as it sounded like no one was there and lacked any atmosphere.

Now there's a skill.
Judging crowd by radio commentary.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:33 pm

yep
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:31 pm

Or if the effects mic is either turned down, in a poor place or non-existent.

Which is generally my only gripe of the SANFL's radio commentary - little affects coming through the call. And it's not through a lack of crowd noise. It's more prevalent at Adelaide Oval matches. The crowd noise is what makes those great moments spine-tingling.
scott
scott

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down