the prowler
Lee
Paul
howthewestwaswon
bayman
Brucetiki
11 posters

Go down

Round 11: Norwood v Glenelg - Saturday 21 June @ Coopers Stadium Empty Round 11: Norwood v Glenelg - Saturday 21 June @ Coopers Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:16 pm

Norwood v Glenelg

Saturday 21 June
Coopers Stadium

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Last Week
Norwood 11.9.75 d Sturt 8.6.54 @ Envestra Park
Glenelg 7.9.51 lost to South 14.12.96 @ Gliderol Stadium

Last Time They Met
Norwood 10.10.70 d Glenelg 8.5.53 @ Gliderol Stadium

Ladder Position
Norwood 6th 5-5 49.45%
Glenelg 10th 2-8 36.67%

Norwood's season is getting back on track while Glenelg's season is completely off the rails. Will Norwood continue to get back on track, or will Glenelg start getting back on track?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 11: Norwood v Glenelg - Saturday 21 June @ Coopers Stadium Empty Re: Round 11: Norwood v Glenelg - Saturday 21 June @ Coopers Stadium

Post by bayman Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:08 pm

a bit like the West game, as it'll be a % booster for Norwood & unfortunately they'll win by over 10 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 11: Norwood v Glenelg - Saturday 21 June @ Coopers Stadium Empty Re: Round 11: Norwood v Glenelg - Saturday 21 June @ Coopers Stadium

Post by howthewestwaswon Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:47 am

Norwood by 7-8 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:38 pm

Norwood by 90
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:35 pm

Glenelg will go defensive and kick no more than 8 goals and lose by a lot, but not as much as some think.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:05 pm

One should think that Norwood will be in control against the Bays and get home comfortably. Coopers Stadium will suit Glenelg's game style and will take it right up to the home side. The Legs by 4 goals.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:29 am

Who knows? Norwood should probably get home, but they're not playing the easybeats from Richmond Oval this time so anything could happen
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:23 am

Scrunch wrote:Who knows? Norwood should probably get home, but they're not playing the easybeats from Richmond Oval this time so anything could happen

The easybeats that Norwood scored 2 goals against in three quarters?
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:08 pm

Oops, night on the gas with a Westies mate, thought I was being funny at the time  Embarassed 
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:28 pm

Scrunch wrote:Who knows? Norwood should probably get home, but they're not playing the easybeats from Richmond Oval this time so anything could happen

Wow you are funny, Norwood far too good for the Bays.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:48 pm

logs 24pts
Bundy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:00 pm

Even allowing for the poor opposition, this result sends a message that Norwood are a big threat for the flag this year.

I'm tipping the five to be:

Port

Eagles

Norwood

Sturt

North

Except that West will storm home, of course.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:38 pm

well i went there expecting a result like that so the -32.5 points was a gift & helped eased the pain of watching the match, however as silly as it will read i think it was a better performance than the West match as i thought although we were soundly beaten we never ever gave up, at Richmond we did, we were just outclassed by a superior looking team, pre game Miller & to a lessor extent Wazza was never going to beat Dawe & Baulderstone in ruck & that's where the game starts, we didn't have a player up forward that you would think could kick a bag of goals, i know the players had a team meeting during the week & vowed to work harder & not to throw in the towel etc etc so at least they're not just going through the motions....bottom line today was it was a mens versus boys match
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:09 pm

Disappointing, not even close to being competitive. The youth and inexperience showed today and the Bays were just brushed aside. Too many young players who could not match it with the bigger bodies of Norwood and a few of our bigger name recruits who are badly underperforming but keep getting a game as there is no point playing more teenagers.
Not sure if that was the least experienced side we have fielded in the last 40 years but I reckon it was. No 100 game players, 1 player with more then 50 games for the club, nobody who has scored more then 50 goals. It looked like a ressies team playing the dual premiership team and the result indicated it was.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:28 pm

That is a very accurate summation UncleHuey. Not meaning to stick the boot in but that Bays performance is possibly the worst I've seen (and yes I was there for Norwood's 1 goal game and 158 point loss at Elizabeth). I don't actually take any joy from seeing the Bays put up performances like that because I think the club aren't in the cushiest of positions offield and badly need people through their gate, which of course is hard when getting pantsed regularly. Hard to apply a rating for Norwood from that game purely due the level of opponent.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down