A Path to the Draft - Wayne Milera Jnr

3 posters

Go down

A Path to the Draft - Wayne Milera Jnr Empty A Path to the Draft - Wayne Milera Jnr

Post by Big Phil Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:55 am

Wayne Milera Jnr is an exciting, talented Indigenous boy from Central Districts...

His Dad was a fringe Reserves player back in the late 90's / early 2000's and was a very talented player in his own rights...

Wayne Jnr is in the State Under 18's system and has had many people in the know talk him up as a potential star...

Central coach Roy Laird has tagged him as one to watch in 2015 and at just 17 is an exciting prospect for the future...

Brenton 'Sticks' Phillips has spoken hightly of him also and will no doubt be excited to have him in the system for the State Under 18's...

Wayne Jnr has played in both League trial games for the Dogs so far this year and whilst he hasn't stood out over 4 quarters, there have been flashes of pure excitement that is not only tantalising for Doggies fans, but has had the AFL scouts in the stands scrambling for their notebooks...

Keep an eye out for the number 6 in red, white and blue this year and beyond...

Last edited by Big Phil on Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

A Path to the Draft - Wayne Milera Jnr Empty Re: A Path to the Draft - Wayne Milera Jnr

Post by Big Phil Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:59 am

I don't want to put pressure on the young man, but from that I have seen and heard of him so far, he reminds me of a young Michael O'Loughlin, at the same age...

When I was a young lad, I used to help my mate's Dad do the scoreboard at Elizabeth for the Doggies Underage games...

I remember watching a skinny, raw 17 year old Micky O' absolutely dominate Underage games and do some quote freakish things...

Only early days I know, but I found myself seeing a comparison between the two, from what I have witnessed so far from young Wayne...

A real potential star in the making, for sure...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

A Path to the Draft - Wayne Milera Jnr Empty Re: A Path to the Draft - Wayne Milera Jnr

Post by Scrunch Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:09 am

Is WMJ a forward or onballer BP?
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:23 am

Scrunch wrote:Is WMJ a forward or onballer BP?
From what I have seen, Scrunch, he has played in the League trials as a high half forward and a bit on the wing...

Not sure of where he played in the Under 18's last season, but would assume he probably played the same there...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:56 pm

Thanks Phil, look forward to seeing the lad in action
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:29 am

An update on Wayne...

He has played all 3 League games for the Dogs so far and had a couple of impressive moments...

Was quiet last week, kicking just the 1 goal from limited touches, against the Eagles but had a huge hlighlight the week before, taking a massive pack mark under the scoreboard at The Bay, which featured in The Recovery Session highlights that week...

Was yesterday announced in the SANFL McDonald's State Under 18's squad where he will certainly get plenty of game time and exposure the the Talent Scouts...

Has shown glimpses of his class and elusiveness that remind me of a young Micky O' at about the same time and age...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:01 pm

If he ends up half as good as Micky O, he has a decent career ahead of him
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:21 pm

i know pressure builds diamonds but gee whiz that is a huge amount of pressure placed on him with that comment, he hasn't looked out of place at league level
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down