bayman
Redlegsrock
Lee
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

South Adelaide - Page 3 Empty Re: South Adelaide

Post by The Emperor Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:38 am

I also know of people who tried the $10 brekky they have over the weekend. 

Seems good value. 

However there big brekky didnt have any tomato on it.
the patrons weren't made aware of this when ordering as a courtesy. 
How hard is it for one of the staff to go down nearest IGA and grab some tomatoes or communicate with the customers. 

Jimmy Deanes was once a great value for money dining experience. 
It now appears that the dining side of it is a hinderance.

I might try there brekky over the summer period. Hopefully my experience is better than that of the one I mentioned. 

South Adelaide have a great opportunity to get people through the door for dining as there really isnt any competition close by.
colonnades tavern is overpriced and has poor service also.
the next closest pub would be the Christies Beach. The food in there also ordinary and it arrives quicker than some fast food outlets.
The Emperor
The Emperor

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hatchet Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:55 am

on the main issue of how clubs can improve cash flow, its surprising that the sanfl have had no presence whatsoever at the royal Adelaide show for many years. used to do a stand there for many years, but not for 10 years or more, but even the amateur league can manage to do that.

surely all clubs sharing the expense for a small stand in jubilee pavilion, at the start of the finals series would help expose the competition to families which should be the sanfl target audience. have appearances by players, giveaways of small items for kids, sell cheap finals tickets - take it to the families at the best place where thousands gather every day.
The Hatchet
The Hatchet

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:16 am

waddayamean wrote:
testy wrote:
waddayamean wrote:Obviously not profitable and Bingo is surely not a huge money spinner. 

Unfortunately of some clubs fall on hard times and they have very small supporter bases ,I fear for their futures. South got out of it with the move to Noarlunga and should be very thankful . 
Clubs , as I have mentioned so many times, got caught in the Pokies "easy money" trap. Those days are gone as it is anti social so other revenue streams need to be explored . It means the "lazy' clubs that relied on that now need to reinvigorate themselves and think of other ways to be profitable.

Anti social, give me a break, I and my wife put in $20 at our club each home game and never in a pub, so please don't start that crap.
What crap ? Are you posting to deliberately go against me as others do ( the need to fit in) or are you saying that it's a social norm. I never mentioned dollar value .

Not social norm, but neither is it anti social to have a flutter on the pokies or for that matter have a punt on the gee gees as many people in this country do every day of the week.

Social norm to me is not what people do as far as activities go but general rules of life, obeying the law, honesty, basically to have values, the people who go against these values are the anti social ones, anyway back on track.

As far as posting to "deliberately go against you as others do" may I suggest you get hold of your inferiority complex and give it a good kick up the **** to bring it back to life. Very Happy
testy
testy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by The Emperor Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:55 pm

The Hatchet wrote:on the main issue of how clubs can improve cash flow, its surprising that the sanfl have had no presence whatsoever at the royal Adelaide show for many years. used to do a stand there for many years, but not for 10 years or more, but even the amateur league can manage to do that.

surely all clubs sharing the expense for a small stand in jubilee pavilion, at the start of the finals series would help expose the competition to families which should be the sanfl target audience. have appearances by players, giveaways of small items for kids, sell cheap finals tickets - take it to the families at the best place where thousands gather every day.

I think the SANFL should scrap the trial matches and go back in time and re-introduce a pre-season comp with double-headers etc.
that would help with the profile of the SANFL in the media more than trial matches would.
Also more people would be more likely to attend these, than they would just the trial matches as they are at the moment.
a pre-season comp could help in signing up members.
the SANFL did a fairly good job of promoting for the kids when I experienced it in the late 80's into the early 90s
The Emperor
The Emperor

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Kantilla64 Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:54 am

Loyal South supporters should aim to join as members at the highest level they can afford. 
Kingstonian membership is the premium membership and offers supporters great value with multiple player-supporter functions and great camaraderie. At only $450 it is significantly less than the standard Vice-President rates at other SANFL clubs. 
Show the club you are wanting to help it to reduce debt in the most traditional way - as a financial member! Enjoy the ride in 2015! Go Panthers!Laughing
Kantilla64
Kantilla64

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:10 pm

Kantilla64 wrote:Loyal South supporters should aim to join as members at the highest level they can afford. 
Kingstonian membership is the premium membership and offers supporters great value with multiple player-supporter functions and great camaraderie. At only $450 it is significantly less than the standard Vice-President rates at other SANFL clubs. 
Show the club you are wanting to help it to reduce debt in the most traditional way - as a financial member! Enjoy the ride in 2015! Go Panthers!Laughing

Fantastic post Soapy
Welcome to the site
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:48 pm

Kantilla64 wrote:Loyal South supporters should aim to join as members at the highest level they can afford. 

Well said, most clubs have these type of memberships and  as you say if you can afford it the clubs profit by them.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:36 pm

Fine if you have the disposable $$$$$$'s to spend but out of reach for many local community based South supporters.

If you can do it.....go for it.
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:52 pm

waddayamean wrote:
testy wrote:
waddayamean wrote:
testy wrote:
waddayamean wrote:Obviously not profitable and Bingo is surely not a huge money spinner. 

Unfortunately of some clubs fall on hard times and they have very small supporter bases ,I fear for their futures. South got out of it with the move to Noarlunga and should be very thankful . 
Clubs , as I have mentioned so many times, got caught in the Pokies "easy money" trap. Those days are gone as it is anti social so other revenue streams need to be explored . It means the "lazy' clubs that relied on that now need to reinvigorate themselves and think of other ways to be profitable.

Anti social, give me a break, I and my wife put in $20 at our club each home game and never in a pub, so please don't start that crap.
What crap ? Are you posting to deliberately go against me as others do ( the need to fit in) or are you saying that it's a social norm. I never mentioned dollar value .

Not social norm, but neither is it anti social to have a flutter on the pokies or for that matter have a punt on the gee gees as many people in this country do every day of the week.

Social norm to me is not what people do as far as activities go but general rules of life, obeying the law, honesty, basically to have values, the people who go against these values are the anti social ones, anyway back on track.

As far as posting to "deliberately go against you as others do" may I suggest you get hold of your inferiority complex and give it a good kick up the **** to bring it back to life. Very Happy

No need for the personal attack but that is what happens I guess on forums when no reply can be thought of due to knowledge gaps. You have completely missed the point . 

yes I have always thought this as well  Razz:P:P:P:P
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Panthers64 Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:24 am

In 2012 membership statistics revealed the following numbers for SANFL Clubs at the time: 
PA 4351
Eagles 3643
Glenelg 3281
Sturt 2948
Norwood 2888
CD 2230
North 2107
West 1851
South 1450

I have not seen data of this since. No breakdown was available for the 'category' of membership.
To fight its way out of financial difficulty South must increase its overall membership by at least 50%  (i.e. 2175) to be on an even playing field with the other clubs. I believe this is achievable given the Panthers' on field success and the positive club vibe. It really , really needs new membership in its home region (Noarlunga to Victor Harbour). If you are a local South resident get on board and encourage you friends to join. If you are a business join as a Kingstonian member or Sponsor.  Lets not follow Sturt and West down the financial girdler. Go Panthers !
Panthers64
Panthers64

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:37 am

Panthers64 wrote:In 2012 membership statistics revealed the following numbers for SANFL Clubs at the time: 
PA 4351
Eagles 3643
Glenelg 3281
Sturt 2948
Norwood 2888
CD 2230
North 2107
West 1851
South 1450

I have not seen data of this since. No breakdown was available for the 'category' of membership.
To fight its way out of financial difficulty South must increase its overall membership by at least 50%  (i.e. 2175) to be on an even playing field with the other clubs. I believe this is achievable given the Panthers' on field success and the positive club vibe. It really , really needs new membership in its home region (Noarlunga to Victor Harbour). If you are a local South resident get on board and encourage you friends to join. If you are a business join as a Kingstonian member or Sponsor.  Lets not follow Sturt and West down the financial girdler. Go Panthers !

a few interesting points there P64..
I would suggest the membership number of 1450 in 2012 disintegrated markedly in 2013 when the membership categories were changed for the worse whereby the cheapest membership one could purchase was over $100. That decision has now been rectified and there is now a basic mambership available. Apparently this saw memberships rise significantly this year, albeit from an extremely low base.
I would personally suggest that if one looked into the demographics of our current membership it would quickly be realised that currently most South members live north of Darlington and are aged 45+.This is a dire situation for a club that over 20 years ago migrated to Noarlunga in a bid to forge an identity with the locals down there.The club has failed dramatically in this regard due mostly to its lack of onfield success, and strong opposition from the local GSFL and SFL competitions who have been only lukewarm at best toward the SAFC and in some cases openly resent the migration of their juniors to an SAFC club that has had so little success.
The situation at South is dire.
A lot of work needs to be done to quickly rectify the financial situation the club finds itself in. Im bewildered that the licensed club can lose 280k in a year, absolutely bewildered.I trust that our board are all over this like a cheap suit and some really serious questions are being asked and answers demanded. 
Membership numbers need to improve markedly, if for no other reason than to get new people through the door.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by eartotheground Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:00 pm

Was there another departure during last season - off field - that was not publicized but could have impacted on the situation?
eartotheground
eartotheground

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:22 pm

eartotheground wrote:Was there another departure during last season - off field - that was not publicized but could have impacted on the situation?

Maybe........
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:52 pm

eartotheground wrote:Was there another departure during last season - off field - that was not publicized but could have impacted on the situation?

There are many whispers about that, from some very credentialled sources.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by sanflman Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:56 pm

The plot thickens doesn't it. I was amazed when hearing this one.
sanflman
sanflman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3