2014 Commonwealth Games

+2
Brucetiki
Paul
6 posters

Go down

2014 Commonwealth Games Empty 2014 Commonwealth Games

Post by Paul Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:56 pm

Start in a few days, you wouldn't really know it though, been very low key coverage  Neutral 
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

2014 Commonwealth Games Empty Re: 2014 Commonwealth Games

Post by Brucetiki Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:33 pm

I have to keep reminding myself this is happening.

Channel 10 have the rights, which probably explains the low-key build up (as all their resources have been on getting Family Feud up and running).

Looks like they're pushing most of the events onto their farcical Ten Play service as well.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:19 pm

did i hear Sally Pearson is in trouble for running in a race  Shocked i only heard bits & pieces of the story so can someone enlighten me please

as for the games unlike the Olympics we'll be top 3 for sure & i'll tip we'll win the medal tally
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:09 pm

bayman wrote:did i hear Sally Pearson is in trouble for running in a race  Shocked i only heard bits & pieces of the story so can someone enlighten me please

as for the games unlike the Olympics we'll be top 3   for sure & i'll tip we'll win the medal tally

I think she didn't present herself at the assembly point for the team.
Instead chose to run in a lead up event.
I think she was fined a percentage (50%?) of her touring expenses or something like that.
Couple of other athletes had the same fate I believe.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:08 pm

Thanks Chambo, so the girl we all know can run quickly over the hurdles & she/her team decide she needs another run to top of her preparation & she gets fined for it, you would think an apology before the 'incident' would be enough (if one was sent) when she wins gold i wonder who'll be right
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:09 pm

bayman wrote:Thanks Chambo, so the girl we all know can run quickly over the hurdles & she/her team decide she needs another run to top of her preparation & she gets fined for it, you would think an apology before the 'incident' would be enough (if one was sent) when she wins gold i wonder who'll be right

She is part of the team, no individuals. She and the other athletes copped the fines ok, whether they win gold or not shouldn't come into it.
testy
testy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:05 pm

testy wrote:
bayman wrote:Thanks Chambo, so the girl we all know can run quickly over the hurdles & she/her team decide she needs another run to top of her preparation & she gets fined for it, you would think an apology before the 'incident' would be enough (if one was sent) when she wins gold i wonder who'll be right

She is part of the team, no individuals. She and the other athletes copped the fines ok, whether they win gold or not shouldn't come into it.

granted, i still think communication is the key to this as the athletes preparation should be to the advantage of the athlete
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:46 pm

I thought I read that the boffins at the top, are considering reviewing the rule that these athletes got caught under.

The article sort of hinted at some embarrassment on both sides.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:12 pm

Awesome Opening Ceremony.

Love Rod Stewart.
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:44 pm

Any chance of Channel 10 actually showing any sport  Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:26 am

Brucetiki wrote:Any chance of Channel 10 actually showing any sport  Rolling Eyes 
I wish they would of used both channels like they for the winter Olympics so we could see some different sports
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:40 am

Was always going to be crap after Foxtel's awesome coverage in Delhi and London. 6 (?) channels with something different on each.

I didn't watch the Winter Olympics so wouldn't know what Ten were like with that. Think I washed my hair every night.  Rolling Eyes
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:51 am

Brucetiki wrote:Any chance of Channel 10 actually showing any sport  Rolling Eyes 

The odd sport gets shown between the ads.  Razz 

Why would a station bid for something and then not show much of it, and when they do show a sport I am sure the commentators love the sound of there own voices.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:55 pm

I've heard that Channel 10 only have the studio hosts in Glasgow, with the commentators commentating from Melbourne.

Given we've just had the same commentators for the Rugby 7's and the mens hockey (either side of an ad break of course), there would be some credence in that claim I reckon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:04 pm

Brucetiki wrote:I've heard that Channel 10 only have the studio hosts in Glasgow, with the commentators commentating from Melbourne.

Given we've just had the same commentators for the Rugby 7's and the mens hockey (either side of an ad break of course), there would be some credence in that claim I reckon.
Reckon Greg rust is in Melbourne to as he was hosting the GP tonight
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:05 am

Fox do that often. Adam Peacock usually with tennis tournaments but then hosting other stuff in Oz the next day etc.
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:12 pm

The quality of media reporting is very interesting at times and the slant it can put on things.
Below is a verbatim extract from an article that has appeared in the Sydney Morning Herald on the suspending of the Aussie Athletics Head Coach from the Commonwealth Games. That in itself is noteworthy, but the last statement (sic) makes it a whole different ball game, albeit unintentionally.....

" The AA board will meet with Hollingsworth upon returning to Australia to decide whether he is sacked. Hollingsworth is contracted until the end of October.

Athletics Australia is bitterly disappointed that Eric Hollingsworth has chosen to make a statement to the media when our focus should be on wholly on supporting our athletes’ performance, Grace said.

Athletics Australia condemns in the strongest terms his disparaging comments about Sally Pearson and his timing.

We have therefore suspended Eric Hollingsworth as an employee of Athletics Australia until such time as the Athletics Australia board can convene to consider the matter.

Action in regards to Eric Hollingsworth’s role on the Commonwealth Games team will be determined by the Australian Commonwealth Association as the body responsible for the team.

Grace said AA had been “deeply shocked and very upset with his decision to go pubic with his comments”.

.....shall we expect a sexual harrassment complaint too?  Wink 

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:02 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy  Very funny chambo
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down