blacky
22 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

channel 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: channel 7

Post by eartotheground Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:54 am

PhilH wrote:Looks like WAFL & VFL joining SANFL on seven .. nothing inked yet

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-20/tv-boost-for-state-leagues

Deal done. Good that McGuire Media are taking up where ABC was unable to commit. Will mean the end of a couple of iconic VFL people in the telecast, however.
eartotheground
eartotheground

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:55 am

eartotheground wrote:
PhilH wrote:Looks like WAFL & VFL joining SANFL on seven .. nothing inked yet

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-20/tv-boost-for-state-leagues

Deal done. Good that McGuire Media are taking up where ABC was unable to commit. Will mean the end of a couple of iconic VFL people in the telecast, however.
Yes, Phil Cleary immediately springs to mind...

Was lucky enough to meet him at Port Melbourne for the VFL v SANFL earlier in the year...

A more passionate man about the VFL, you would not meet...

Maybe he will get a gig with McGuire, but based on what transpired here in Adelaide, I would highly doubt it...

Was interesting that some people here in Adelaide weren't even looked at, or considered, for a gig with the C7 coverage...

Disappointing, but that is the way it goes, on all levels...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by eartotheground Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:10 pm

A couple of reasons for that, political among them. Seven were always going to have one person involved in the coverage, who then had a lot of say in who else should be involved.
eartotheground
eartotheground

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:24 pm

eartotheground wrote:A couple of reasons for that, political among them. Seven were always going to have one person involved in the coverage, who then had a lot of say in who else should be involved.
Yes, that is well know, eartotheground. One person shouldn't have that much sway, but in this instance it was clear who they did and, more to the point, didn't rate...

It was good to see that, behind the scenes, some of the former ABC guys were able to get some work with C7, though...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:22 pm

The whole bloody thing stinks.

As you say it's political amongst themselves.

The good thing is, if you dont like the guy, just turn down the volume
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by sanflman Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:29 am

I'm surprised this is still being debated. Surely we can now acknowledge that Ch 7 was the only option for the SANFL to take, with the WAFL and VFL now following suit.

As for commentators, Kendall is the only one who could be slightly disappointed and even then, he needs to understand (and I'm sure he does) that they would have been looking to differentiate between the two stations.

Not sure about those comments BigPhil, good you're sticking up for your friends but it looks a little sour IMHO.
sanflman
sanflman

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:15 am

sanflman wrote:I'm surprised this is still being debated. Surely we can now acknowledge that Ch 7 was the only option for the SANFL to take, with the WAFL and VFL now following suit.

As for commentators, Kendall is the only one who could be slightly disappointed and even then, he needs to understand (and I'm sure he does) that they would have been looking to differentiate between the two stations.

Not sure about those comments BigPhil, good you're sticking up for your friends but it looks a little sour IMHO.

Ha ha, not sourgrapes from me, at all, sanflman.

IMHO, you are simply misunderstanding the context of it. Certainly no sourness on my part. Those that would know, will understand what I am talking about...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by sanflman Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:03 am

What's the point posting on a public forum only to those in the know BigPhil? I for one am not and enjoy the insight that you give to us 'rank and file' supporters most of the time.

My guess; Ch 7 put Mark Soderstrom in place because he is contracted to them and he knew the SANFL. He then had some say in putting the commentary team together.

He is the "one person" that you refer to, which has then meant that Neil Cross and Chris Kendall weren't taken with the coverage to Ch 7.

Happy to stand corrected if not the case.
sanflman
sanflman

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:03 pm

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-118-0-0-0&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=32300826

It is official - Seven to telecast VFL from next year

That leaves the WAFL as the only one of the 3 leagues to finalise a telecaster.
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by eartotheground Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:09 am

PhilH wrote:http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-118-0-0-0&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=32300826

Seven to approach the VFL situation slightly differently to the SANFL one, with an ABC face to transfer across, but that person already does plenty for Seven in Victoria so not quite the same situation.
eartotheground
eartotheground

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:11 am

eartotheground wrote:
PhilH wrote:http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-118-0-0-0&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=32300826

Seven to approach the VFL situation slightly differently to the SANFL one, with an ABC face to transfer across, but that person already does plenty for Seven in Victoria so not quite the same situation.
Darren Boyd or Phil Cleary?

It was pretty disappointing that none of the on-air ABC guys got an opportunity, or even a look in, to be involved with Seven here in Adelaide...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by eartotheground Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:17 am

Big Phil wrote:
eartotheground wrote:

It was pretty disappointing that none of the on-air ABC guys got an opportunity, or even a look in, to be involved with Seven here in Adelaide...

Neither Boyd nor Cleary. A little further back in time in this case.
eartotheground
eartotheground

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:28 am

eartotheground wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
eartotheground wrote:

Fair enough...

I like Darren Boyd, he is very professional and is an enjoyable commentator to listen to...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:29 am

Did John Casey ever cover the VFL?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:56 pm

eartotheground wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
eartotheground wrote:

Peter Donergan
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:04 pm

That would be my guess bayman.
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hatchet Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:07 pm

surely the combination of this, and abc cutbacks in south australia announced today justify the sanfl decision to get rid of abc and move to channel 7.
The Hatchet
The Hatchet

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:44 pm

The Hatchet wrote:surely the combination of this, and abc cutbacks in south australia announced today justify the sanfl decision to get rid of abc and move to channel 7.
Yes, you would think that the SANFL and ABC not renewing their contract was the right decision, now...

Very sad and unfortunate for those losing their jobs in the Adelaide based production team, some of whom would have played their parts in covering the SANFL over the journey...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by eartotheground Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:44 am

Seven announce their VFL commentary team - at this stage nobody from ABC Victoria involved

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/channel-7-vfl-commentary-team-revealed-plus-jon-brown-and-jake-kings-sleepover-in-the-score/story-fni5f22o-1227247514577

eartotheground
eartotheground

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:13 pm

eartotheground wrote:Seven announce their VFL commentary team - at this stage nobody from ABC Victoria involved

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/channel-7-vfl-commentary-team-revealed-plus-jon-brown-and-jake-kings-sleepover-in-the-score/story-fni5f22o-1227247514577

A real shame someone like a Phil Cleary will not be used in the coverage...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:34 pm

Peter Donegan was the best caller the ABC had IMO, and was very knowledgeable about the VFL players.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:02 pm

Disappointing situation in WA. If West Perth make the finals, the possibility their final(s) would not be televised, due to conflicts with Channel 7 and sponsorship. Very fortunate that Seven Adelaide have shown no such issue (although no club sponsored by a rival network)

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/opinion/petty-tv-sponsorship-row-a-shirtfront-for-wafl-footy/story-fnhocuug-1227273096188
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:20 pm

Admin wrote:Disappointing situation in WA. If West Perth make the finals, the possibility their final(s) would not be televised, due to conflicts with Channel 7 and sponsorship. Very fortunate that Seven Adelaide have shown no such issue (although no club sponsored by a rival network)

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/opinion/petty-tv-sponsorship-row-a-shirtfront-for-wafl-footy/story-fnhocuug-1227273096188

didn't Central have to cover up the ch 9 sign(s) at Elizabeth last year to appease ch 7 ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:12 am

bayman wrote:
Admin wrote:Disappointing situation in WA. If West Perth make the finals, the possibility their final(s) would not be televised, due to conflicts with Channel 7 and sponsorship. Very fortunate that Seven Adelaide have shown no such issue (although no club sponsored by a rival network)

didn't Central have to cover up the ch 9 sign(s) at Elizabeth last year to appease ch 7 ?

Yes, they did...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:20 pm

well there is the answer, cover it, but when they interview a player, he mentions 9 Very Happy
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next