Scrunch
Paul
howthewestwaswon
UncleHuey
bayman
Brucetiki
11 posters

Go down

Round 9: Glenelg v North - Monday 9 June @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Round 9: Glenelg v North - Monday 9 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:08 pm

Glenelg v North

Monday 9 June
Gliderol Stadium

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Last Match
Glenelg 8.3.51 lost to West 21.23.149 @ City Mazda Stadium
North 9.9.63 lost t Port 12.17.89 @ Prospect Oval

Last Time They Met
Glenelg 17.11.113 d North 6.10.46 @ Gliderol Stadium

Ladder Position
North 7th 3-5 45.76%
Glenelg 10th 2-6 37.20%

North have hit the skids while Glenelg are dead last. Who will come away with a much needed win?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 9: Glenelg v North - Monday 9 June @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 9: Glenelg v North - Monday 9 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by bayman Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:18 pm

Glenelg with a host of changes to respond to our deplorable last outing, bays by 4 goals with Alleway kicking 5
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 9: Glenelg v North - Monday 9 June @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 9: Glenelg v North - Monday 9 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by UncleHuey Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:58 pm

Bays to turn things around and win by a goal.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:50 pm

Glenelg by 1-2 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:14 pm

North by 23 points
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:11 pm

North by 9 points if wet, 29 if dry.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:24 pm

This is a choice between mediocrity and ordinary.

Glenelg are mediocre, North ordinary.

Ordinary should win, but I'm going for mediocre here.

Glenelg narrowly.

If Glenelg lose badly, stand by for the 'sack the coach' brigade to come out of the woodwork.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:46 pm

Toss of the coin job here, the bays but don't know why, after there last outing surely they can put up a better fight.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Cock ! Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:40 am

Bloody Hell, if we cant beat them, who is left to beat then, ourselves ?

That means we will get the spoon then, surely we are not that bad, are we !!!!!! Shocked 
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Teams : The Cocks !
My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:34 pm

15 goals to 6 from 1/4 time & 12 goals to 4 from half time tells a story in itself

i thought our work rate was first class early but as soon as North got to a 20 point lead we seemed to drop the bundle, thinking here we go again & basically went through the motions, there were a few exceptions to that, people keep saying 'culture' but wouldn't individual characters having a lack of pride in their own performance be more on the money ? Trembath would have to come in just to give Alleway some assistance up forward (depending on Thorpe) & while on Bubbles' i noticed another player today who seemed to have a bit of a bulge (Carger), we had every player today running & working for each other early but when it gets hard we go missing, i think that every other team would go into a Glenelg game saying ''if we keep running & working they'll crack'' the bottom line is our mental toughness is very weak if indeed there is any there at all.............

only positives i could really find was the high mark in front of the grandstand by Jolly, without seeing it some will find it hard to believe but it was a better mark than the ''mark of the year'' by Wingard on Saturday

Snook deserves to be given an extended run in the league team

young Alleway looks to be a player of the future, oh hell he's 33yo
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Cock ! Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:44 pm

Country Cock ! wrote:Bloody Hell, if we cant beat them, who is left to beat then, ourselves ?

That means we will get the spoon then, surely we are not that bad, are we !!!!!! Shocked 

Thank the Lord for that !

Imagine by how much, if that ex North Bloke was still playing for us  Round 9: Glenelg v North - Monday 9 June @ Gliderol Stadium 1344700888 
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:54 pm

Country Cock ! wrote:
Country Cock ! wrote:Bloody Hell, if we cant beat them, who is left to beat then, ourselves ?

Imagine by how much, if that ex North Bloke was still playing for us  Round 9: Glenelg v North - Monday 9 June @ Gliderol Stadium 1344700888 

little Jimmy or big Clint ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Cock ! Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:09 pm

bayman wrote:
Country Cock ! wrote:

little Jimmy or big Clint ?

Ummm,  scratch That Clint bloke and it always happens, they play really bloody good against their old club don't they !

Don't think he would of kicked many lots of 5 when he was at his best for us and who's Jimmy  Round 9: Glenelg v North - Monday 9 June @ Gliderol Stadium 4257781809 
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:20 pm

i thought you may've answered both  Wink 
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:03 pm

Good first half, crap second. Too much being left to too few. I know we have a lot of young players but improvement is badly needed in many areas.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:41 pm

I watched the first half and some of the third quarter. Obviously as a neutral.

In that time I thought the umpiring was fine, but as a spectacle, like so many games, there were far too many ball-ups, too many throw ins and too many secondary ball-ups.

No solutions, but frustrating to watch so often these days.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:41 am

There is a solution r&b - it's to pay holding the ball. Currently when a player takes possession of the ball and is tackled, often the player with the ball could dispose of it if he wanted to, but instead holds it to his body and waits for the umpire to ball it up.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:12 pm

Actually FN9 I think a better solution would be to pay an in the back free when someone lies on top of a player. How often do we see a player get the ball and the tackler ends up on top of him with the ball trapped underneath and a team mate then sits on his head. This is followed by a game of stacks on the mill and there is no chance of it getting the ball out and the umpire waits for this to eventuate. By the time the pack is dismantled we have 24 players round the ball and on it goes.

If players weren't diving on top then either the ball comes out or it is obvious that the tackled player cannot or wont get rid of it correctly. We can't control the number of people around the ball but if the tackled player has a chance to get rid of it either he will be pinged and it is obvious or the ball does come out.

Or pay incorrect disposal, that one does annoy me. Tackled players drop the ball or give it a one handed shove and get away with it.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:05 pm

redandblack wrote:I watched the first half and some of the third quarter. Obviously as a neutral.

In that time I thought the umpiring was fine, but as a spectacle, like so many games, there were far too many ball-ups, too many throw ins and too many secondary ball-ups.

lets be honest r&b it was a better spectacle than Friday nights game
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:08 pm

bayman wrote:
redandblack wrote:I watched the first half and some of the third quarter. Obviously as a neutral.

lets be honest r&b it was a better spectacle than Friday nights game

Having been to both games in mention, I'd certainly have to agree with Bayman, there !!!
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down