Gingernuts
Lee
Booney
Paul
9 posters

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Port vs Hawthorn, Carlton vs Adelaide Empty Port vs Hawthorn, Carlton vs Adelaide

Post by Paul Thu May 22, 2014 8:34 pm

Think Ginge's bubba may have arrived hence his awayness.

Should be 2 good games this weekend.
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Port vs Hawthorn, Carlton vs Adelaide Empty Re: Port vs Hawthorn, Carlton vs Adelaide

Post by Booney Fri May 23, 2014 1:06 pm

Don't have long after 3 days in Melbourne on business, lots to catch up on.

Hawthorn a few quality ins will make it interesting, they are clearly not full strength, but they are the best team in the comp. Port the best form team. Port, just.

Adelaide to beat Carlton, Carlton are poo.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Port vs Hawthorn, Carlton vs Adelaide Empty Re: Port vs Hawthorn, Carlton vs Adelaide

Post by Lee Fri May 23, 2014 2:32 pm

You'd think that Port have the momentum, the players, the form and the stadium.

Hawthorn look to be a bit off their best.

Close for more than a half, Port to run away with it.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Fri May 23, 2014 3:28 pm

Carlton will beat Adelaide.
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Fri May 23, 2014 3:37 pm

sapaul wrote:Carlton will beat Adelaide.

Let us all hope so. Laughing 
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Fri May 23, 2014 8:52 pm

Yes, my bubs has come! Little boy by the name of Ashton arrived last Sunday lunchtime, stoked (and tired!).

I reckon Adelaide will beat Carlton with Tex firing up in his second game. I won't be counting any game as a given after that unspeakable loss of a couple of weeks ago - and hopefully the players are the same to be honest.

Hawks undermanned and Port playing at their Portress, Port will get up I reckon.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri May 23, 2014 11:37 pm

if Port can't beat Hawthorn this week they'll have no hope in September, Port by over 5 goals..........while Adelaide on paper should win i think the Crows have mental issues & therefore will have a let down & Carlton will win by about 3 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri May 23, 2014 11:52 pm

Congratulations, Ginge, that's wonderful news.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sat May 24, 2014 12:12 pm

Congratulations Gingernuts
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Sat May 24, 2014 2:01 pm

Thanks guys!
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Sat May 24, 2014 7:06 pm

Congrats GN, well done  cheers - Well done Mrs GN as well Port vs Hawthorn, Carlton vs Adelaide 1840193976
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun May 25, 2014 5:16 pm

Half time and the Crows may well win, but as I've said many times, they are head cases.

The most self-satisfied, dumb team for a long time.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sun May 25, 2014 5:25 pm

Can't see Adelaide winning this. The rare times they do actually hit a target, the forwards drop it or get paid after it hits the turf  Rolling Eyes 
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun May 25, 2014 6:22 pm

Adelaide players - dumb

Adelaide Coach - dumb

Dangerfield - excepted
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun May 25, 2014 6:25 pm

Betts - class amongst the dross.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Sun May 25, 2014 7:34 pm

Who'd be an Adelaide fan seriously. It's friggin torture.

Get the psychologists down there because it's clear there are some serious issues between the ears. The are mentally weak and can't deal with any form of expectation whatsoever.

The can beat teams when no one expects them to because there's no pressure on them, but when it comes to a team they should beat they crumble, almost to a man.

It fair dinkum makes me want to punch holes in the walls. I don't know if I can watch another Adelaide game this year, my sanity is at serious risk.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Sun May 25, 2014 7:37 pm

My brother sent me message summing it up beautifully "one week they have me wanting to buy a membership, the next they have me wanting to tear it up"
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sun May 25, 2014 7:38 pm

I'm actually finding them predictable  Neutral 
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Sun May 25, 2014 9:52 pm

Oh, and one other thing - GOALKICKING! Adelaide butchered 4 set shots in the opening term alone.

Who am I kidding, I've been banging on about the same **** for years now. Should just cut and paste my posts each week.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sun May 25, 2014 10:10 pm

And we won't improve in that area until Bickley is replaced in that role. He was noted for kicking goals.  Rolling Eyes 
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior Sun May 25, 2014 10:30 pm

One positive from today was the form of Brodie Martin. I really liked his first ever game for us (even though we were thrashed by the saints at Etihad iirc) but of course then he did his knee and has spent the last few years in the wilderness. Today I thought he showed that he could really step up and become a very good midfielder. His work rate was great today and I think he's got pretty good skills. I hope he can keep improving because I do really like him.
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Teams : Woodville (now WWT), Crows, Strathfieldsaye Storm and Sunshine Kangaroos
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Sun May 25, 2014 10:37 pm

Yea I've always been a fan of his. Good country lad from Meningie. I remember watching him carve up in the Goodwin/McLeod farewell match a few years ago as well and thought he was a serious talent, but just didn't go on with it. Think he could comfortably take over Reilly's role off half back no problems.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon May 26, 2014 9:33 am

Brodie has been very good for Sturt over these years where he has been a fringe Crow.

However, occasionally his decision making is a bit suspect.
I have seen a tendency to for him to look beyond the first option to go a much riskier long option. Needs to lower the eyes a bit sometimes. If he could do that, he would be more like a Jaensch who has cemented himself in the side a little more now.

Both lads are products of that region and you always saw them back in Double Blue land when they had played with the Crows on a weekend.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Mon May 26, 2014 9:42 am

The problem is with individual consistency.

Podsiadly - Did he impact upon any contest at all yesterday?
Cameron - Sure, it was his second game but to go two quarters ( second and last ) without touching the ball isn't good enough.
McKay - He seems to be one of Adelaides barometers, and he was low yesterday. Is he a mid/defender or mid/forward? I don't think the coaches know. He isn't strong enough to be a full time mid IMHO.

Sanderson and the rest of them - Rutten out of the game and Pods to defence...LMFAO. That move pretty much cost Adelaide the game. Appalling substitution ( unless Truck was broken down )

That was a game where two sides who were scared of losing didn't do anything to try and win.

Long way back for this group and club I think as wins are wall papering over bigger cracks at the moment.
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon May 26, 2014 12:09 pm

Absolutely. A lot of it is between the ears too. Adelaide go into games like yesterday thinking they should win, good sides like Port go in knowing that they will.

Get the sports psychs in I reckon, or someone external to the club to give them a pep talk.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next