C.K
Lee
testy
13 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Trotting - Page 3 Empty Re: Trotting

Post by A Mum Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:57 pm

Speaking of Alby - I found this in my husband's grandfather's photos.

A picture of a picture - and off my phone as my camera batteries are flat - so not the best pic - but you get the gist !!..lol.

I actually thought it was Wayville - but noticed it's Port Pirie.
We do have Wayville ones though.

The winning horse...
Trotting - Page 3 111

The whole photo...
Trotting - Page 3 211

Photo/winners info...
Trotting - Page 3 Info10

Trotting - Page 3 2829010660
A Mum
A Mum

Teams : Adelaide Crows - South Adelaide
My club : crows

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:04 pm

Scrappy wrote:SATC should be HRSA Rolling Eyes

Testy, what was a better venue to attend Wayville or Globe Derby ?
One of my regrets was that I was never taken to Wayville trots, I was confined to listening to the events on the radio

Scrappy I have some great memories of both tracks.
Wayville was opened around 1930 and only had a circumference of 510 metres so the turns were very tight compared to them at the much bigger track at Globe Derby.
At Wayville if you pulled out down the back straight and were caught seven wide coming around the last bend the driver could nearly touch the outside fence such was the narrowness of the track. The atmosphere at Wayville was much better as there were stands all round and in its heyday, so my dear old dad tells me, the place used to be full most meetings. They also used to have betting rings over in the outer and in the grandstand side, both rings were full of bookies, well over 100 in total, as Mary Hopkins once said "those were the days"
I attended Wayville for its last 3 years as trotting headquarters in SA and loved the place and its rich history, but when they moved in 1973 to GD it was a whole new ballgame--Huge track, wider bends which gave a lot more horses a winning chance but a much different atmosphere as the crowd was confined to one side of the course.
To compare the 2 tracks to me is like comparing apples with oranges, both completely different.
I realise times have moved on and things are not what they once were but for me Wayville was the go.
testy
testy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by A Mum Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:07 pm

testy wrote: The atmosphere at Wayville was much better as there were stands all round and in its heyday, so my dear old dad tells me, the place used to be full most meetings. They also used to have betting rings over in the outer and in the grandstand side, both rings were full of bookies, well over 100 in total, as Mary Hopkins once said "those were the days"

I was just looking at the Wayville photos Testy - and you're right - there are stands all around the track - and they look 'chockers' - love the old 'lights' that are hanging down too...lol.

Trotting - Page 3 2829010660
A Mum
A Mum

Teams : Adelaide Crows - South Adelaide
My club : crows

Back to top Go down

Post by The Emperor Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:02 pm

I was informed by someone who knows, that the club loses $6k per week. Yes the betezy sponsorship covers that in the short term. Then there is the potential land sale.

But what really does the future of harness racing in south australia hold?

They used to be the 2nd biggest piece of the distribution pie behind the gallops and in front of the dogs. Over the last few years the dogs have imroved administration out of sight and are now second ahead of the trots.

IF the trots move back to a more central metropolitan area eg. wayville - the summer carnival will be massive. It already is a good night out at Globe Derby, but in the city or a location closer may see the attendances bolstered again.
The Emperor
The Emperor

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:53 pm

I know I keep on going back in time but I do remember in the very late 60's trotting in Adelaide was arguably the best in the country, ahead of the Vics, NSW and WA, we had so many of the good horses in the land but sadly we are now lagging way behind all states.

testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:17 pm

testy wrote:
I know I keep on going back in time but I do remember in the very late 60's trotting in Adelaide was arguably the best in the country, ahead of the Vics, NSW and WA, we had so many of the good horses in the land but sadly we are now lagging way behind all states.

spot on, these days most of our consistently good trainers are interstate & the reason is prizemoney, now what gets me is if you talk too the 'old timers' they'll tell you back in the 1950's all you had to do was win 2 races a season (about 6 months in those days) & you could buy a house & set yourself up, in todays climate that is a mere dream

i think Allcutup will win the last at Port Pirie tonight Wink
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:15 pm

AllCutUp wins !
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:11 am

Ventured out to Globe Derby last night, had a bite to eat and enjoyed some good racing, although the fiedls were a bit small, we intend going out a few times this summer, it is still a cheap night out.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:42 pm

i was out there (as usual) last night, was very happy when Launch Me saluted Very Happy as backed it & had it in the quaddie, however 30 minutes later i was out of the quaddie Embarassed

whatabout the value of the night $1.00 yes $1.00 for a bucket of chips, they had this special for about an hour midway through the night
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:57 pm

How is this for great scheduling of races for Saturday night's trots.

Whilst listening to race 4 at Globe Derby on Sat. Night and no more than 30 seconds into the race the TAB Radio compere cuts in and says we have to leave Globe Derby and take the next at Toowoomba (night racing).
GD race 4 was scheduled to go at 6.39pm and the Toowoomba race at, wait for it 6.40pm, 1 FU@#ING minute later.
Consequently GD was given the shaft for us to have to listen to some donkeys going around in some hick town that nobody in Adelaide is interested in. Nothing short of a disgrace and a kick in the guts to race fans in this state at a time when trotting needs possitives not negatives.

Whoever is responsible for the timing of these races got it very wrong and I only hope is doesn't occur again. Evil or Very Mad
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Emperor Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:27 am

the timing of the races is dictated by sky channel
The Emperor
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:31 pm

Then sky channel needs big fat kick up the A@SE for programming races 1 minute apart.

Why couldn't hick town have waited until the GD race was finished, thats been done plenty of times ? Not happy.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Harpo Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:04 pm

MAUGHAN THIEM FORD CUP

6.....ZANARDI
1.....COME ON FRANK
8.....CONTE DEL SASSO

OHOKA NEVADA (looking for 3 MAUGHAN THIEM FORD CUP's in a row) run 2nd last

SEW EURODRIVE PTY LTD MONTE (RIDDEN TROTT)

7.....LIKEAPLAYBOY
6.....PARTY SMARTIE
2.....NIGEL STARDUST
Harpo
Harpo

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:03 pm

Smoken up Ineligible for A.G.HUNTER CUP Shocked Shocked

below is HRV's media release & when read it is obviously understandable.......................

HRV Statement on Smoken Up - Ineligible for 2013 Hunter Cup
29 January 2013
by HRV Media
Logo
Smoken Up is not eligible for this Saturday Nights $400,000 AG Hunter Cup under the Conditions of the race

Smoken Up is not eligible for this Saturday Nights $400,000 AG Hunter Cup under the Conditions of the race.

Following some ill-informed reports that have surfaced over the past few days, Harness Racing Victoria (HRV) thought it necessary to issue a statement and clarify the reasons why Smoken Up has been deemed ineligible to start in this Saturday Night’s $400,000 AG Hunter Cup.
In every year since 2007, it has been a condition of the AG Hunter Cup that ‘A horse must have contested and began safely in a minimum of one standing start race in the 12 months prior.’
This condition was recommended by an Industry Consultative Group (the Strategic Planning Advisory Group consisting of representatives from Industry Stakeholder Groups) to HRV and was approved by the HRV Board in 2007 following a number of Hunter Cups where horses with little or no standing start experience in the previous 12 months had begun badly in the race and caused severe interference to other runners at the start of the event.
In 2013, this is the sixth successive year where this Condition has applied to the AG Hunter Cup. This condition is printed clearly in the Racing Information section of the December 2012 Harness Racer and is also listed in the race programme on the www.harness.org.au website.
The last time that Smoken Up contested a standing start race was back in November 2011 (over 14 months ago) when he finished 2nd in the New Zealand Trotting Cup.
Given that Smoken Up has not contested a standing start race in the past twelve months, he does not meet the conditions of the 2013 Hunter Cup and is therefore ineligible to start in the great race.
Whilst HRV would have liked to have seen Smoken Up, the reigning Victorian Horse of The Year and Grand Circuit Champion in the 2013 AG Hunter Cup field, ultimately it is the responsibility of connections to read the Conditions pertaining to the event and to ensure that they comply with the eligibility criteria under those Conditions.
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:47 pm

Yes I agree it is understandable--It is written in black & White, but 1 standing start in the last 12 months, what if a horse last started in a standing start 11 months and 3 weeks ago, hardly still on the horses mind.

Maybe the HRV could have mentioned some thing on there web site for all trainers to see a few months out from the race. He is a big omission thats for sure.

Last edited by testy on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:33 pm

for those Roosters out there, Barrie Robrans' horse ''Mighty Sam'' is racing tonight at Port Pirie, it is race 7 number 4 & the race starts at 9.34 pm......

Barrie is often 'spotted' at Globe Derby on Saturday nights & also on some Mondays, they even named a race after him & his partner a week or so ago

good luck to him tonight with Mighty Sam
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:46 pm

well he's run third & picked up $282.00 in prizemoney
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:35 pm

bayman wrote:well he's run third & picked up $282.00 in prizemoney

Thats training fees for the next week. Very Happy
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:11 pm

Saturday Night Globe Derby
9/2/2013

R8-2 Pernell Roberts looks a good thing !!!
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Emperor Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:20 am

is this a Scrappy Special?
The Emperor
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:30 am

The Emperor wrote:is this a Scrappy Special?

Almost
Has very impressive Interstate form
The pacer would be more at home if the race was at Elizabeth Oval !
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:03 am

No Bookmaker at Globe Derby this weekend
The wrangling between officialdom and lone Bookmaker Peter Dammerell continues
The stand off, relating to a Bookmaking taxing agenda , continues
Reports are the 'stand off' might be settled by about Mid February one way or another

Applications to field at Globe Derby were lodged recently
Only Peter Dammerell applied
It is not completely known as yet, whether the Club actually wants an on course Bookmaker

I would think it might be in the best interests for some budging to take place
My opinion is, without an on course Bookmaker, the on course Tote holdings will drop in the long term
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Emperor Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:21 pm

oh dear, what is that the officials dont like about Dammerell?? surely its more than just tax??

perhaps betezy could send in a representative to field on course
The Emperor
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:45 pm

The Emperor wrote:oh dear, what is that the officials dont like about Dammerell?? surely its more than just tax??

perhaps betezy could send in a representative to field on course

if you ''read between the lines'' i think it is one bloke mainly that doesn't get on well with Dammarrell, i stand corrected but his namesake co starred with Fred Gwynne in the hit show 'The Munsters'....there is also some negotiations about % paid which the dogs & races quickly agreed to terms

the betezy idea was what i thought as well
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:57 pm

Scrappy wrote:Saturday Night Globe Derby
9/2/2013

R8-2 Pernell Roberts looks a good thing !!!

leads & wins, you'll be lucky to get $1.20 on the tab though

in the Oaks Hollys Miss Molly is $4.60 fixed for a PLACE with various agencies, this is a great value bet
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum