Scrunch
Redlegsrock
brodlach
Big Phil
Lee
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Towards the top, or for the drop? - Page 2 Empty Re: Towards the top, or for the drop?

Post by Lee Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:30 pm

Pessimistic or realistic, Ben?
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Towards the top, or for the drop? - Page 2 Empty Re: Towards the top, or for the drop?

Post by CB10 Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:20 pm

Actually worried that Port will go top.
They need to appease the Magpie supporters and winning a premiership is the best way to do that.
The resources are there, the up and coming Power players will be fit and hungry and the top up squad is a respectable bunch of players as seen by last year performance.The crowds should be OK for them as the 'one club' gets to see all it's talent in one team and there are no divided loyalties.
Koch will want to demonstrate the grass roots aspect of the club and that successful clubs don't have their structures diluted. Good crowds will see him go into PR overdrive to save their zones and juniors.

A Sturt/Crows, Glenelg/Crows supporter  etc have to decide which team to see on any particular weekend. This isn't a problem for Port so numbers should be up.
My worry is the SANFL may have awakened a sleeping giant with Port.

Port
Eagles
Norwood
North
West
Glenelg
Adelaide
Centrals
South
Sturt
CB10
CB10

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:02 pm

Port
Glenelg
West
North
Adelaide
Eagles
Central
Sturt
Norwood
South
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:09 pm

redandblack wrote:Pessimistic or realistic, Ben?

I think Port will be well in front of the others, There list is very strong and their AFL side will be playing deep into the finals with a number of young players putting the pressure on for a spot in the team. There Magpies players are still a pretty good list also. I think the only side that might be in with a chance against them is WWT as I see the premiership window being well and truly open for the Eagles.

As for South its a reality check this year, we have gone backwards with our list and will be hitting the field with a new game plan and so forth. Injuries are already coming in. I hope we may bag a few wins towards the end of the season, but think its going to be a lean year for South this season. - Very very happy to be proven wrong though!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:29 pm

Not going to make any predictions this year. For South supporters- making predictions  even with a hint of optimism,has proven to be extremely foolhardy.
I for one was seduced by our former coaches optimism at this time last year when he boldly stated.."I now have the list I want..." . -on hearing this I duly selected the Panthers to finish top 3, ..and we all know how that went.
However...!!  this is what ive heard from a player or two...
the new coach is held in very high regard by every player to a man- both as a man and for his footy nous.
the playing group is as tight as its been for many, many years.
the team has never, ever been fitter.
Sure we've lost  Wundke- but he has a dodgy groin and could only train at half rat power, once every 2 weeks for the last 2 yrs.  We've lost Hartigan who will leave a huge hole in my opinion.
We've picked up some recruits, some with good reputations.. but  I'll wait and see how they perform before I get too carried away. To be competitive we need Peter Rolfe back, fit and firing asap.

cutting to the chase.. I think we will win 5-7 games.. Mad
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:48 am

I hate these predictions as to position and especially this year given the massive change to the competition.

All sides have lost some of their better AFL talent which has been transferred to Port and the Crows.

What that will mean is very hard to say and very dependent on injuries to the 2 AFL sides. They could be up and down like a yoyo.

As for the other 8 sides, I don't like making predictions on position but this is what I think may happen.

Norwood
Have lost a very sizable chunk of 2 premiership sides. Replacements have not been as meaty as what has been lost. New coach, new gameplan maybe and I think they come back to the pack a bit.

Eagles
Seem to have recruited well enough to cover what they may have lost and I think will be around the mark again.

West
Have also lost quite a bit of their side. Replacements may not quite cover those losses, and again a new coach with new gameplan. Like Norwood, perhaps may come back a bit to the pack.

Central
You would never write them off and I think could well be around the mark again. Hard to tell. They sort of did come back to the pack a bit the last season or two, but only a shallow bottoming out. Can't really tell with them.

North
Like West, Norwood new coach, maybe new gameplan. Have lost some damaging forwards / mids over last couple of years. Jury out on North, but should have the cattle to gain finals action.

South, Sturt, Glenelg
Who can tell?
Sturt have lost a bevy of AFL talent and I kind of doubt that the youngsters will come on that quickly. However, this may make for a more settled side each week. If some of our more experienced types can stay fit (or get on the park) then who knows.
The Bays have made some solid recruiting moves, but a new coach in their case won't hurt. He will need to lay the groundwork quickly.
South in the same boat, except new recruits seem to be a bit thin.
Reckon these 3 won't make the 5.

And to our new AFL Reserves friends.....

Port
If they can't get into the 5 with the concessions they have this season, then something is wrong. Well its wrong anyway but they are in prime position to capitalise on this season's rules of engagement.

Crows
Could be all over the place, to quote Jars, "like a mad woman's custard". I cannot begin to understand what may prevail with them. I don't see them in the 5 however.

With 2 new sides, 7 new coaches, players being redistributed, and a partridge in a pear tree, it would be easier this season to predict a bloody lottery.

In the 5
Eagles
Norwood
Port

Maybe in the 5
North
West
Central

Not in the 5
Glenelg
Sturt
South
Crows

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceman Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:53 pm

Wow plenty of love for Port. Dont reckon their squad is that good.
End of minor round
North
Eagles
Norwood
Glenelg
West
Centrals
Port
Sturt
Adelaide
South
Eagles v Norwood GF, Legs to 3-peat
Aceman
Aceman

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:06 am

Welcome, Aceman. Good summary, Chambo, can't see much to disagree with there.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:44 pm

I hate making predictions so I wont .
What I will say is this will be an interesting season !! Not because of the ruckus the two "new" sides have made . And all the net talk!
But the fact that sides like my Eagles can now play Eagles players . And not be forced to play out of form young AFL players . Before I'm jumped on from high re the likes of Vince in years gone by . There have been cases of playing players who were either out of form not fit or just not interested in playing for an SANFL side !!
I wont list players or instances but both AFL teams have had guilty players !!
So will the youngsters rise up to the challenge will the new recruits also rise to the challenge . Only time will tell !!
And will SA win in Melbourne !!
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:24 pm

Eagles
West
North
Port
Norwood

Glenelg
Central
South
Crows
Sturt
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2