Lee
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Boundaries - Page 2 Empty Re: Boundaries

Post by blueandwhite Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:53 pm

redandblack wrote:
blueandwhite wrote:
wolves wrote:I think the WAFC Submission was well received -  It was wholistic and not single club centred from what I have heard

yep Im sure it was...
but then again the cynic in me would say that any West submission would be well received by the Commission. Shocked 

You are a bit cynical, B & W. The Commission hasn't done West too many favours for as long as I can remember.  I have no doubt they'll make their decisions based on what they think is right, taking note of the submissions, but trying to be fair to all as much as possible.

There is a wide range of people on the Commission, including a Judge, 2 solicitors, an ex-Premier, Professor Graeme Hugo (who knows more about population density and distribution than the rest of us put together) and other members. Chris Davies and Matt Duldig are also involved and their integrity is unquestioned.

It's a difficult task, due to the different population centres and density, but all clubs have to be about 1500 better off in numbers, so there should be no grizzles.

B & W, who do you think will be given the West Coast zone?

Im sure Im guilty of being a bit cynical...but there you go...seems I may have touched a nerve r@b...??
I do hope they make the right decision, given all the submissions and facts and information they have available to them.
I am sure the commission will act with the utmost impartiality and integrity.
However I think its fair to say that there are fair percentage of true sanfl supporters - and 2 clubs -who are not in total agreeance with some of the decisions made by the commission in recent times ....

There are 6 leagues on the West coast if you count Whyalla,Im not sure that league is in Ports zone.?? Far West, Mid west,Eastern Eyre,Great Flinders and Port Lincoln.
The Pt Lincoln league is by far the strongest, however many good Port Adelaide players have come from the other leagues.
The Far West league centred around Ceduna ,Thevenard ,Penong and Koonibba is around 750km by road from Adelaide. To say that logistics is an issue is an understatement given the very parlous finances of most SANFL clubs in servicing it.
Im thinking personally that the leagues should be split up between sanfl clubs...but I dont know the answer...I guess we''ll have to wait and see.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:13 pm

I doubt they'll split up the West Coast between several clubs, B & W.  South perenially seem to complain about boundaries, so I presume they're one of the 2 you mention.  Who is the other one?

There seems to be enormous growth in South's Metro zone, mate.  Seaford and Aldinga areas and several other places seem to be big growth areas.

No nerves touched, B & W, I'm just impressed with how the Boundaries Commission goes about their job and the amount of time they would need to put in. They would have eight clubs asking for their best possible result and that's just not possible, of course, so I don't envy them.

Seeing we'll all be better off regardless, we'll all just have to accept the result, whatever it is, and get on with it.

Are you going to the Norwood trial tomorrow?

If so, how about a brief report?
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:36 pm

Aldinga FC .....had a look at their results in recent years...??

growth areas population wise for sure... but... how many are interested in playing footy.. schools not interested...why not look at registered junior footy players in these areas.....?
Most youngsters down there would sooner go to the beach or graffiti a bus than train and play footy..
We have 4 leagues to pick from.. the GSFL - a retirement village for former sanfl players playing for a few bucks..and also known as Gods waiting room..the SFL- of which about 1/3 are in our zone, the KIFL- 4 teams- just!, and a small portion of the Hills league .
My club has been on the move zone wise since 1900 when zone footy was introduced after we won 6 flags in the 1890s and were runners up twice. We had some success in the 30s with 2 flags mainly due to the fact we recruited country players...the league immediately introduced country zones...We won a flag in the 60s-our last one 50 yrs ago...and immediately lost half our zone to West. We are the only club with none-zero of its original zone. We moved down South to enable other SANFL clubs to survive,-Imagine selling your licensed premises because it was no longer in your zone...?? go figure!!

so Im sorry If Im a bit cynical.

Unsure if Ill make it to Noarlunga fri night, as Im currently in the Mid North..maybe..

blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:49 pm

South made the decision to move so far South, so it's natural your zone is totally different?

As for Aldinga, I'm talking about new homes with young families moving in, Seaford, Aldinga and other areas in your zone are growing very rapidly.

If South are unhappy with their zone, why not ask for the West Coast, a terrific country zone?

No problems about you being cynical, mate, we all are when it comes to our own club. You'll find this hard to believe, but sometimes I am biased towards my club too.  Wink

I always respect your viewpoint, B & W, hope the end result is good for the Panthers and the Bloods.

Bugger the rest, though.  Cool 
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:54 pm

Sorry, but I just remembered that before long, all junior players will be registered on a data base. That will mean we'll at last have an accurate record of participation rates.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:48 am

redandblack wrote:Sorry, but I just remembered that before long, all junior players will be registered on a data base.  That will mean we'll at last have an accurate record of participation rates.

Definitely a step in the right direction if the league decides to use Junior participation rates as data for Boundary changes. Very Happy 
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mods Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:00 pm

redandblack wrote:Sorry, but I just remembered that before long, all junior players will be registered on a data base.  That will mean we'll at last have an accurate record of participation rates.

The database has been up and "running" for two years and all junior participants are supposed to be on it now.  However it falls over at the drop at a hat, to avoid duplication (counting kids twice because they play school and club footy) it relies on both club/school delegates knowing the same kids registration number for the database - I'm not aware of a capacity to cross reference based on unique identifiers (names, addresses etc).  I've tried to log 60 kids on it over two years and I've only managed tio get one on it in that time before it crashed on me, multiple times.

Glenelg's kicking for goals in the 2009 finals series will be more accurate than this database.....
Mods
Mods

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:30 pm

Totally agree, Mods, which is why the Commission are not relying on these participation rates. I believe the database will be refined and become accurate soon.

Bear in mind this current redistribution is purely to redistribute the Magpies zones and I think the updated database will be used for the next schedules look at the boundaries.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:02 pm

Ben W wrote:Central would have to get Salisbury back?
Does that include Salisbury Downs and Parafield Gardens? which have currently heaps of new estates popping up all over the place, most spare land and there is quite a bit, were once market gardens.There's a fairly large population growth in those two areas at the moment.
firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2