Boundaries

5 posters

Go down

Boundaries Empty Boundaries

Post by Lee Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:20 pm

A report in today's paper about the redistribution.

Norwood to take most of Port's West Coast zone, Eagles to take most of Port's old metroplitan zone.

Glenelg, although lower in numbers, add prime old Eagles territory and add two more top schools, to now have 6 of the top ten football schools in SA.

Sturt would be rapt.

South grizzled as usual and basically got what they wanted  Boundaries 3991484760 Boundaries 2678737410 Boundaries 2988561446 Cue B & W, PP, & Co  lol! 

Westies will be fielding an extra side in the A League.  Boundaries 2678737410 

The good news is that participation rates will be hopefully available for the next reduistribution in 2 years time.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Boundaries Empty Re: Boundaries

Post by blueandwhite Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:46 pm

havent seen the article Im afraid...
what exactly did we gain R&B? or should I say..Regain.. Rolling Eyes Boundaries 3991484760 
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:58 pm

Fair bit of the southern part of West's area, B &W.

When it comes to boundaries,there's no such thing as 'regain'.

All clubs could use that argument about part of their territory or heartland.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:23 pm

Not sure that we grizzled It was a request. Boundaries 1014419045 

I can never understand how they keep moving the boundaries while the game is on.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:40 pm

redandblack wrote:Fair bit of the southern part of West's area, B &W.

When it comes to boundaries,there's no such thing as 'regain'.

All clubs could use that argument about part of their territory or heartland.

Only trouble is "our heartland" has been on the move since 1900..
just finished reading the book, "The larrakin" about Jim Deane, which is a great read by the way..!!, in the early 50's South and Wests boundary was King William street. Surely its fair to say that we have shifted a" little" further than every club since then.Also being the sole foundation member of the SANFL remaining, we are the only club to retain nothing, zero, none, nada of its original zone.

Boundaries 2548818497 

blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:56 pm

..just read the spiel on the SANFL website and checked the map on google maps...
Im thinking this is...getting back closer to something reasonable.... Rolling Eyes Boundaries 3991484760 
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:38 pm

South should have been given the West Coast as their country area. There are too many clubs on the western and southern side of the city.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:21 am

redandblack wrote:South should have been given the West Coast as their country area.  There are too many clubs on the western and southern side of the city.

Interestingly this is why West Torrens were allocated Modbury and surrounding areas and made plans to move which became null and void once the amalgamation took place. Fast forward to 2014 and the North Eastern suburbs are still in a vaccum whilst the inner southern and western suburbs are over represented.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:07 pm

Ben W wrote:
redandblack wrote:South should have been given the West Coast as their country area.  There are too many clubs on the western and southern side of the city.

Interestingly this is why West Torrens were allocated Modbury and surrounding areas and made plans to move which became null and void once the amalgamation took place. Fast forward to 2014 and the North Eastern suburbs are still in a vaccum whilst the inner southern and western suburbs are over represented.

They became null and void when the SANFL gave Norwood that area at the end of 1982...no doubt due to a lack of funds to do so, the club asked the SANFL for a relocation grant to move to that area as a base (I think the plan was to play its matches at Adelaide and junior grades at the base).  Instead the SANFL took the zone away and gave it to the Redlegs.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:51 pm

Each club's boundary changes and reactions.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/sanfl-clubs-happy-with-their-slice-of-regions-from-the-carve-up-of-port-adelaides-former-zone/story-fnii0294-1227018592141

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down