The Wrap Up: Port v Glenelg @ Alberton Oval

5 posters

Go down

The Wrap Up: Port v Glenelg @ Alberton Oval Empty The Wrap Up: Port v Glenelg @ Alberton Oval

Post by Admin Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:31 pm

Port      3.1 6.4 6.8  9.9.63
Glenelg 2.4 6.6 7.6 8.12.60

Port come from behind to further extend Glenelg's losing streak, keeping their finals chances alive in the process.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: Port v Glenelg @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: The Wrap Up: Port v Glenelg @ Alberton Oval

Post by the prowler Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:17 pm

1.6 in the last term is always going to loose you a game. Glenelg has taken it right up to Port, but couldnt hold on to win.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: Port v Glenelg @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: The Wrap Up: Port v Glenelg @ Alberton Oval

Post by bayman Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:20 am

both teams had a crack, their skill level ordinary, the difference between winning & losing is taking your chances when they appear, Glenelg 1.6 in the last term & when Port got their chance late in the game 2 STRAIGHT KICKS, but the bottom line as they say is ''bad kicking is bad football'' & that is where we lost it & Port took full advantage when given their chance......we've all heard the negative stories about the coach & today i ventured out at 'lemon time' & what he said to them was spot on (imho) & it isn't his fault that in the heat of battle players can't kick goals from easy shots that most players would kick, Trembath played very well & missed a few but the 'around the body kick' instead of a drop punt crucified the team

ps, when was the last SANFL game that had the margins at every break less than a goal ???
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by robranisgod Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:51 am

bayman wrote:
ps, when was the last SANFL game that had the margins at every break less than a goal ???
20 days ago when the Eagles beat North by 2 points. The quarter by quarter margins were 3, 1, 0 and 2.

I thought that you were there that day.
robranisgod
robranisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:16 am

robranisgod wrote:
bayman wrote:
20 days ago when the Eagles beat North by 2 points. The quarter by quarter margins were  3, 1, 0 and 2.

I thought that you were there that day.

i was there, i was just seeing if someone would pick up on it, i was betting Spelly would be the man but Rig your the man on this occasion
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:27 am

Pretty average standard of footy played in unusual blustery conditions, the normally prevailing South/ South-Westerly replaced with a North / North-Easterly breeze that made the grandstand wing the "dominant" side for most of the play. Both sides had trouble when the ball was on the outer wing, fumbling and poor disposal from both sides. Having said that it was played in close most of the day so there was a bit of pressure around the contest.

Simply, Port pinched it with better kicking for goal and iced the game with two good goals to finish and Bay fans would have left feeling pretty hollow after putting up the better performance for most of the day.Very Happy 

Pretty much reflected where the two teams sit on the ladder.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down