Adelaide United win but Australian soccer loses

5 posters

Go down

Adelaide United win but Australian soccer loses Empty Adelaide United win but Australian soccer loses

Post by firstblood Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:54 am

It's about time the A League or who ever is in charge should consider stopping large groups of opposition supporters attending interstate games. I'ts not promoting the game at all.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/violence-arrests-mar-reds-victory-over-melbourne-at-hindmarsh-stadium/story-e6frea83-1226532508256
firstblood
firstblood

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Adelaide United win but Australian soccer loses Empty Re: Adelaide United win but Australian soccer loses

Post by testy Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:27 pm

firstblood wrote:It's about time the A League or who ever is in charge should consider stopping large groups of opposition supporters attending interstate games. I'ts not promoting the game at all.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/violence-arrests-mar-reds-victory-over-melbourne-at-hindmarsh-stadium/story-e6frea83-1226532508256

It is just so pathetic that these goons have to spoil what was a great victory last night.

They don't help the look of Australian soccer by carrying on as they do time and time again, boring. Sleep
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Adelaide United win but Australian soccer loses Empty Re: Adelaide United win but Australian soccer loses

Post by Brucetiki Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:53 pm

Maybe have Melbourne Victory play a couple of games in front of closed stadiums might get the Victory to address the issues of their fans.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:54 pm

Brucetiki wrote:Maybe have Melbourne Victory play a couple of games in front of closed stadiums might get the Victory to address the issues of their fans.

Yes, because it's always our fault. Rolling Eyes

I've been to many Victory games at Hindmarsh, but this particular one I'm writing about was the last one for a number of reasons.

At this game, I wasn't allowed to sit in the Melbourne section, even though I was wearing a Victory shirt, because I bought a General Admission ticket and I was with some mates who were wearing red Arsenal shirts.

So I had to stand behind the goal with Adelaide people.

For the whole frickin 90 min, I had beer cups thrown at me, beer tipped over me from idiots in the stand above, was pushed by passing supporters, had my hair pulled, and tried to have my shirt ripped off.

So it goes both ways. Maybe we could let Adelaide Pissants play behind closed doors as well. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:58 am

Brucetiki wrote:Maybe have Melbourne Victory play a couple of games in front of closed stadiums might get the Victory to address the issues of their fans.

So you are assuming its all there fault ? I don't think so, it takes two to tango, there are just as many dickheads following Adelaide United as well.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:26 pm

testy wrote:

So you are assuming its all there fault ? I don't think so, it takes two to tango, there are just as many dickheads following Adelaide United as well.

testy the voice of reason.........what i want to know is, is this a racial thing ? even though teams names have changed over the years eg Adelaide Juventus to Adelaide City & finally Adelaide United in the soccer comp which also changed its name, in the old days & lets be honest it was Greeks v Italians v Croatians etc etc & after all it is only a game, while at the footy or cricket for that matter you get idiots but not in the same class as what happens at the soccer, i've gone to 3 games & sadly i wont be back
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:48 pm

IMO people can see what happens at overseas matches on the TV and think they can re-enact what they see here.

On a slight tangent here:
I went to watch Victory vs Celtic a few years ago with my wife. As you can do in Australia and because we are Rangers + Victory supporters, we wore our Rangers shirts to the game.

Biggest mistake of my life.

The Aussie Celtic supporters could see the funny side in what we did, and it often became a good talking point as we met and chatted to people from all over Australia.

I knew what we did was a mistake when the actual supporters from Glasgow came up to us and mentioned that "we were f**king lucky that this match was in our own f**king country, otherwise we'd be f**king dead in Glasgow."

Point taken. So I now know if I ever get to Scotland that I need to wear neutral clothing and cover up my Rangers tattoos! pale
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:45 pm

More idiot AUFC fans:
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/a-league/news/1133461/Police-to-probe-A-League-racist-claim

I'm glad the club is making a stand though.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:44 pm

And to follow on from my previous comment, perhaps have the next Adelaide United game played in a closed stadium.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:01 pm

2 year ban for guilty party:

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/adelaide-man-banned-for-two-years/56492
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down