Lee
Mongrel Punter
Adelaide Hawk
BloodnTars
howthewestwaswon
Admin
11 posters

Go down

Round 24: Centrals v North - Saturday 8 September @ Playford Alive Oval Empty Round 24: Centrals v North - Saturday 8 September @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by Admin Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:03 pm

Round 24: Centrals v North - Saturday 8 September @ Playford Alive Oval Bulldogs%20logo V Round 24: Centrals v North - Saturday 8 September @ Playford Alive Oval North

Saturday 8 September 2012
Playford Alive Oval

Reserves: 4:15pm
League: 7:00pm

Broadcast: Life FM

After 13 seasons and 9 premierships, the Gowans twins have announced that season 2012 will definitely be their last season, and this will be their last game at Playford Alive Oval. Will North spoil the party, or will Centrals lift and give the twins a fitting home ground farewell?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 24: Centrals v North - Saturday 8 September @ Playford Alive Oval Empty Re: Round 24: Centrals v North - Saturday 8 September @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by howthewestwaswon Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:06 am

Central by 3-4 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 24: Centrals v North - Saturday 8 September @ Playford Alive Oval Empty Re: Round 24: Centrals v North - Saturday 8 September @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by BloodnTars Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:01 pm

Might head along to this one after the crows game.

Centrals to win comfortably by 10+ goals.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:06 pm

Can't see how North can win this one. Central by 32 points.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Mongrel Punter Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:22 pm

North had one their lacklustre games last week against South. Losing the toss didn't help as South made the most of a 5/6 goal breeze and North didn't in the second quarter. Having said that, as bad as North played, they still only lost by 19 points and South barely doubled their 1/4 time score. If North come to play, they can beat anyone. However, there are days when that just doesn't happen. For some reason, they get themselves up against the top teams, and so tomorrow night's game could see them come away with the points. But with the Gowans twins playing their last home game, the doggies will be out to give them a good send off, and their team has been boosted by some good inclusions. North have lost Clisby, a good running defender, and his absence will be felt. North's midfield had difficulty getting the ball away from the stoppages last week, and will need to hunt the ball better. Their tackling was also clumsy on many occasions, although a 13-24 free count is mystifying - 4-14 in the first half. The Roosters have a lot to play for - a certain finals' spot, but the doggies also have a memorable pair of players to play for. No matter how well the Roosters play, I think the Dogs will take the biscuits. Central by 20 points.
Mongrel Punter
Mongrel Punter

My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:06 pm

That's a good summary.

Always enjoy your North previews, MP.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Mongrel Punter Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:14 pm

Thanks R&B - always a bit one-sided - LOL
Mongrel Punter
Mongrel Punter

My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by Harpo Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:10 am

The Bulldogs by 5 goals
Harpo
Harpo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:25 am

Mongrel Punter wrote:Thanks R&B - always a bit one-sided - LOL

Yes, they are, but no more than some of us and much fairer than most of us Very Happy

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:52 pm

A terrible effort by Centrals tonight with the final margin of 17 points flattering them. Centrals were ill-disciplined, wasteful, lazy, and all up just plain terrible for the bulk of the game, while North were playing for their season, and ensured they will be playing finals by playing some fantastic football.

Must say the conduct of some of the North Adelaide officials tonight was very poor. First, the runner was involved in numerous verbal stoushes with the crowd, including at least two occasions where he made offensive gestures to the crowd. There were also numerous instances throughout the game of North bench officials, and Reserves players involved in a fair bit of heated verbal exchanges with the crowd. North Adelaide officials need to be aware that when they are at a game, they are representing their club, and as such, their conduct should be reflective of this. The numerous instances of unprofessional conduct by club officials tonight was poor and those involved with it should be embarrassed by their conduct tonight.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:56 pm

FULL TIME @ PLAYFORD ALIVE OVAL

LEAGUE:

Final Scores

North - 14.9 = 93

Central - 11.10 = 76

Roosters win by 17 points

GOAL KICKERS:

North - L.Johnston 4, N.Amato, C.Alleway 2, J.Shannon, G.Gallman, M.Clinch, C.Thiele, J.Bennett, K.Thompson 1

Central - J.Hardy 4, C.Gowans 2, J.Gowans, T.Menzel, A.Obst, T.Goodrem, J.Schiller 1

RESERVES:

Final Scores

Central - 19.17 = 131

North - 14. 3 = 87

Doggies win by 44 points

GOAL KICKERS:

Central - M.Westhoff 6, T.Boyd 3, M.Claughton, J.Martin, C.Milne 2, J.Nash, M.Prior, R.Bottin-Noonan, S.Dutschke 1

North - J.Boras 4, N.White, Z.Makins 2, C.Coombe, L.Robinson, G.Hewett, S.Hill, M.Harvey, S.De Leonardis 1
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Brucetiki Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:03 pm

waddayamean wrote:Norths runner has been doing that all year and I believe its Francous brother.
However you do have to ask why the officials behaved that way , what made them respond to the crowd. ? I think it might be a little bit rich though Dog fans questionning this considering 2 of your players did it for a very long time .Not saying you are defending them but I agree with you , this behaviour is embarassing and lets the club they represent down , be that a player or official.

No doubt waddayamean (and being a Centrals supporter there's many times I'm face palming at the way our supporters carry on at games), but the part I've bolded is the key part. These officials need to remember they are representing the North Adelaide Football Club, and to be running around abusing patrons is simply unacceptable regardless of any provocation. If the runners of 8 other clubs can simply do their job without resorting to verbal abuse and offensive gestures, why can't the North Adelaide runner.

If I conducted myself the way the North Adelaide runner conducted himself tonight in my job, I'd be out of a job very quickly.

If he is a repeat offender, can the SANFL fine him, or the club, for his conduct?

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:09 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
waddayamean wrote:Norths runner has been doing that all year and I believe its Francous brother.
However you do have to ask why the officials behaved that way , what made them respond to the crowd. ? I think it might be a little bit rich though Dog fans questionning this considering 2 of your players did it for a very long time .Not saying you are defending them but I agree with you , this behaviour is embarassing and lets the club they represent down , be that a player or official.

No doubt waddayamean, but the part I've bolded is the key part. These officials need to remember they are representing the North Adelaide Football Club, and to be running around abusing patrons is simply unacceptable regardless of any provocation. If the runners of 8 other clubs can simply do their job without resorting to verbal abuse and offensive gestures, why can't the North Adelaide runner.

If he is a repeat offender, can the SANFL fine him, or the club, for his conduct?

absolutely any official can feel the wrath of the league

this year i've seen runners & trainers either coaching or filling up spaces & only every now & then do the umpires tell them to move (very hard for them to adjudicate) but ihave not seen 'mouthing off'

this story sounds like the most blatant rule breaker by a runner but not even that weazle gave much if any verbal to the crowd, definately the opposition players though....(try & pick who that is ?....it wont take long)
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:15 pm

I know what you mean about some of the North officials, they were giving it to people in the Norwood member's stand earlier this year. Whereas some of the knobs in our stand possibly deserved it, I'd prefer it if officials acted with a little more decorum.

Question to Brucetiki, how do you think Centrasl will react to tonight's loss? Do you think the "lack of effort" was because they are waiting for finals?
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:26 pm

Perhaps AH. North were playing to ensure they play finals, but then Centrals should have been motivated by the mere fact it was the Gowans twins last game at Elizabeth.

One concerning factor about Centrals over the past couple of months is that since the loss to Norwood, they've lost to Port, West and North, and their wins have been against Sturt twice (almost certain wooden spooners), Glenelg (a side that Centrals have a big psychological advantage over) and South (at Noarlunga - where pretty much everyone beats them). Centrals have struggled against the better sides over the past couple of months, and going into a Finals series where they've lost the last encounter over 3 of the other 4 sides in the final 5 is alarming.

I hope they react strongly next week and come out all teeth baring next week, but after watching them over the past couple of months, I'm not sure if their best is good enough anymore...

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Brucetiki Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:54 am

I'm not sure what you're getting at with the failure of the lights at Elizabeth. There's been an overall drop in attendances across the board in the SANFL this year. If tonight's game was played during the day, I reckon the crowd would have been sub-2000 (like the previous two matches at Elizabeth), and tonight's crowd was about 3000, so the lights certainly helped improve tonight's attendance IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:53 am

Watching Centrals play lat night was like watching West play last week (and probably this week), where players were running around trying not to get hurt.

Don't think they can play the Gowans twins in the same side (admittedly though they were probably 2 of their better players over the course of the night).

BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:14 pm

playing 'bruise free' footy when not all is on the line is understandable, lets face it, it'll be a lot different in the upcoming weeks
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum