New home for Glenelg ?

2 posters

Go down

New home for Glenelg ? Empty New home for Glenelg ?

Post by Sabre Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:26 pm

The Bays performances so far this year may not have set this world on fire, but no one can say their name isn’t out of this world !
Laughing

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/msl/multimedia/gallery-indexEvents.html

*Go to thumbnail image 3 for this quote with picture*

Martian Treasure Map
This image shows the landing site of NASA's Curiosity rover and destinations scientists want to investigate. Curiosity landed inside Gale Crater on Mars on Aug. 5 PDT (Aug. 6 EDT) at the green dot, within the Yellowknife quadrangle. The team has chosen for it to move toward the region marked by a blue dot that is nicknamed Glenelg. That area marks the intersection of three kinds of terrain. The science team thought the name Glenelg was appropriate because, if Curiosity travelled there, it would visit it twice -- both coming and going -- and the word Glenelg is a palindrome.
Then, the rover will aim to drive to the blue spot marked "Base of Mt. Sharp", which is a natural break in the dunes that will allow Curiosity to begin scaling the lower reaches of Mount Sharp. At the base of Mt. Sharp are layered buttes and mesas that scientists hope will reveal the area's geological history.
These annotations have been made on top of an image acquired by the High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment (HiRISE) camera on NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter.

I'll be stuffed if I'm going to their home games any more if that's their new address !
Good luck getting your grass to grow fellas !
Wink

p.s. Congratulations on your interplanetary exposure! Nice work!
Cool
Sabre
Sabre

Teams : Norwood
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

New home for Glenelg ? Empty Re: New home for Glenelg ?

Post by StrayDog Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:40 pm

I figured that it was only a matter of time before this one got a run. Very Happy

Love your work Sabre.

Last edited by StrayDog on Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:47 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Context)
StrayDog

My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:30 pm

Smile
Cheers ‘StrayDog’.
I tried my hardest to resist but failed dismally yet again.
C’mon guys, this story is just begging for the pun treatment !
Or is that notion alien to your sensors?
Razz
Sabre
Sabre

Teams : Norwood
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum