Yeah, we're the Blood's. Shocked
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Crowds - Page 3 Empty Re: Crowds

Post by StrayDog Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:16 pm

waddayamean wrote:The sanfl gf gets heaps of media attention gf week. A lot more than it would if it was played during the AFL finals . It also gets media attention post gf.
I agree.

While an attendance of mid 20k is still considered disappointing (as I feel it should be) it still leaves the WAFL's sub 16k in 2011 (lowest in nearly 70 years) and the VFL's oft 4-figure GF crowds (in the 4 million strong home of football) for dead. Played on the 18th and 25th of September respectively last year.

I feel that our league's premier football event (and the competition in general for that matter!) should be promoted on its own merits and not rather than just relying on being something that happens on the build up to one day at the MCG.

FWIW, the seemingly much favoured promotional phrase "grass roots football" is all well and good for promotional and junior grades - as it implies. I do, however, feel that it falls short when describing domestic sub-elite football at its highest levels.
StrayDog

My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by The Emperor Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:06 pm

I would expect that the SANFL crowds for the round may in fact surpass Powers next few home match crowds, given the state the club is in.
Not sure if there is a thread for this side of things, but if in fact the power crowds do keep dwindling not only for the remainder of this season but in future seasons - depending on coach and recruits - how much pressure will this place on the SANFL and SANFL clubs?
The Emperor
The Emperor

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:53 am

Just over 1200 people at Noarlunga yesterday.This must be one of the smallest crowds at an SANFL game that I can ever recall.

testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:27 pm

of that 1200 how many would've paid ?
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:48 pm

bayman wrote:of that 1200 how many would've paid ?

This is where charging the $14 is stupid, particularly in our southern suburbs. What have crowds been like at Elizabeth compared to past seasons?

A win-loss ratio would factor into numbers as would timeslot clashes with other leagues etc. SFL finals happening yet? scratch
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:00 pm

Interesting that Darren Chandler was quoted in the paper today saying that he does not believe the drop in crowd numbers this year, across all but 2 clubs, has nothing to do with the recent price rises for admission.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:19 pm

Big Phil wrote:Interesting that Darren Chandler was quoted in the paper today saying that he does not believe the drop in crowd numbers this year, across all but 2 clubs, has nothing to do with the recent price rises for admission.

''tell him he's dreaming''

i know several people who haven't gone to games who went almost every week because now they can't afford it, the usual problem is Petrol, Electricity, Gas & the other usual Bills & as i've been told i/we have to pay these bills before anything else, i know one family has taken a daughter out of a private school to help ease the burden financially on the family & i was told by the father that we just can't afford to go anymore even if i got a season ticket

ps, my father doesn't go anymore, well not quite he goes to the bay oval matches after half time when the gates open as he can't afford it either & he gets in on a concession card
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:48 pm

Big Phil wrote:Interesting that Darren Chandler was quoted in the paper today saying that he does not believe the drop in crowd numbers this year, across all but 2 clubs, has nothing to do with the recent price rises for admission.

Did he survey the people that aren't going anymore as to why, if not how would he know this isn't at least part of the reason ??
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:36 pm

He is kidding himself!!

People in the South just wont pay $14.00 to get in. South performing poorly this year has not helped either.

Add 2 adults $14.00 = $28.00

Plus $5.00 car park

4 drinks (2 per person) = $16.00

2 x Steak Sandwich = $10.00

Budget = $3.00

$62.00 Total....plus extra food/drinks for the kids.

I think many would rather go see a movie at the cinema than pay for that!!!! Rolling Eyes

Extra Note : South not allowing people a general membership this year has not helped either. Its either all home and away game or just home games. The casual member needs to pay full price to get in. A few people I know got a bit upset with that decision.
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:41 pm

Southee wrote:

He is kidding himself!!

People in the South just wont pay $14.00 to get in. South performing poorly this year has not helped either.

Plus $5.00 car park

Budget = $3.00

I think many would rather go see a movie at the cinema than pay for that!!!! Rolling Eyes

whatabout if your hungry ? my 13 year old devours at least 2 steak sandwiches & occaisionally 3 & that's not including me Shocked...i'm lucky i can afford it & i enjoy the 'entertainment' but i feel for those that want to go but can't afford to go, time for Darren to get into the real world
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:46 pm

Darren Chandler, is this the same dipsh*t that once ran Glenelg when they were a basketcase?
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:56 pm

bayman wrote:
Southee wrote:

He is kidding himself!!

Plus $5.00 car park

Budget = $3.00

whatabout if your hungry ? my 13 year old devours at least 2 steak sandwiches & occaisionally 3 & that's not including me Shocked...i'm lucky i can afford it & i enjoy the 'entertainment' but i feel for those that want to go but can't afford to go, time for Darren to get into the real world

I have one 21 month old so I'm safe ATM Wink

But I must say I definitely don't go to as many games this year due to budgets and wanting to do other things like going to concerts , movies , family outings etc...
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by The Emperor Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:34 pm

perhaps this thread should be e-mailed to Mr Chandler
The Emperor
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by testy Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:33 pm

waddayamean wrote:I think the admission fee has impacted but you have a choice re drinks and food to be fair.Same for parking your car , you don't have to pay that either.Pack a bag , couple of drinks for the kids etc .

Spot on, my wife and I go every week and always take our own food and a drinks, so you do have a choice.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:22 pm

Don't have a choice at noarlunga to park your car for $5 ... Unless you park it over in colonnades but you probably won't see your car again if you do that ! Sad
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:31 pm

Southee wrote:Don't have a choice at noarlunga to park your car for $5 ... Unless you park it over in colonnades but you probably won't see your car again if you do that ! Sad

Geez, I must have been one of the lucky ones! I parked at Colonnades for years and survived. Mind you, a Nissan Pulsar covered in RW Williams stickers and car seat covers etc either doesn't attract enough attention or confuses the crap out of people! Very Happy
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:43 pm

Weather's been poor this year as well. That will always keep a % away who would usually attend.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:47 pm

testy wrote:
waddayamean wrote:I think the admission fee has impacted but you have a choice re drinks and food to be fair.Same for parking your car , you don't have to pay that either.Pack a bag , couple of drinks for the kids etc .

Spot on, my wife and I go every week and always take our own food and a drinks, so you do have a choice.

Don't forget the extras this week, testy Wink
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:14 pm

howthewestwaswon wrote:
Southee wrote:Don't have a choice at noarlunga to park your car for $5 ... Unless you park it over in colonnades but you probably won't see your car again if you do that ! Sad

Geez, I must have been one of the lucky ones! I parked at Colonnades for years and survived. Mind you, a Nissan Pulsar covered in RW Williams stickers and car seat covers etc either doesn't attract enough attention or confuses the crap out of people! Very Happy

Your a westies supporter ... Your safe !

Sturt and Norwood on the other hand .......... tongue
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3