Eagles v North at Woodville on Saturday.

+7
Thiele
bayman
Lee
robranisgod
Adelaide Hawk
howthewestwaswon
Admin
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Eagles v North at Woodville on Saturday. Empty Eagles v North at Woodville on Saturday.

Post by Admin Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:19 pm

North on a high, Eagles very much a low, but it's at Woodville and it's a last chance.

Then again, every week lately has been a last chance and it's made no difference.

North are building and should add a bit more to the construction.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Eagles v North at Woodville on Saturday. Empty Re: Eagles v North at Woodville on Saturday.

Post by howthewestwaswon Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:39 pm

North will fancy their chances, but you may be tempted to tip the Eagles at home.

I'm going to go with North by 3-4 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Eagles v North at Woodville on Saturday. Empty Re: Eagles v North at Woodville on Saturday.

Post by Adelaide Hawk Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:34 pm

If North can't win this one, they aren't really trying.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by robranisgod Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:40 pm

Adelaide Hawk wrote:If North can't win this one, they aren't really trying.

Historically this is the type of game North drop, just as last Saturday against the premiership favourite was the type of game North win. Have North won when favourite in any game this year as yet?
robranisgod
robranisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:35 pm

Well, I got this one horribly wrong. Really not too sure what to make of North, or the Eagles for that matter.

Can someone tell me what happened to James Allan today? Only 9 possessions, was he injured or tagged out of the game?
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:38 pm

INteresting result and a last-chance win by the Eagles.

It sounds as if it was a pretty convincing win, too.

AH, your question is very relevant. Allan isn't usually tagged, so I'd also be interested in the answer.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:02 pm

Chris Kane tagged James Allan out of the game, Allan did end up on the bench so i presume he was injured
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:35 pm

How did Brad Crouch go in the reserves for the Eagles today
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:20 am

I wish South had the same attitude to their home ground that the Eagles have - it showed today as WWT buried yet another finals hopeful at the house of pain!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:41 am

Adelaide Hawk wrote:Well, I got this one horribly wrong. Really not too sure what to make of North, or the Eagles for that matter.

Can someone tell me what happened to James Allan today? Only 9 possessions, was he injured or tagged out of the game?

Apparently Chris Kane did a brilliant tagging job...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by The Emperor Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:02 am

Not the first time C Kane has done a really good tagging job.

I think some of his coaches havent realised he is a really good asset to a footy team when used in the right manner.
The Emperor
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:32 am

Big Phil wrote:
Adelaide Hawk wrote:Well, I got this one horribly wrong. Really not too sure what to make of North, or the Eagles for that matter.

After watching Allan running around all day like an unregistered dog against us, I posed the question if at times it may be beneficial to have someone pick him up, especially at stoppages. I was told it would impossible to tag Allan, how wrong they were. Smile
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:51 pm

Adelaide Hawk wrote:
Big Phil wrote:

After watching Allan running around all day like an unregistered dog against us, I posed the question if at times it may be beneficial to have someone pick him up, especially at stoppages. I was told it would impossible to tag Allan, how wrong they were. Smile

plus you wouldn't think Chris Kane would have the engine or leg speed to keep up but he did & he made Allan earn every touch he got & got plenty of the ball himself
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:43 pm

What a differance a week in footy is .1 side played Monday and still managed to win against a much better team Laughing
Now I've upset the north fans .What a game it was Eagles fought with effort for a chnage and North tried to play on the otherside of the fence thats how wide they went .
My question for Bays fans Eagles recruited Chris Kane and all we heard is he wasnt as good as his brother .How good is the other one ?
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:54 pm

Thiele wrote:How did Brad Crouch go in the reserves for the Eagles today

Pretty well, from the stats.

18 disposals, 4 marks, 8 clearances(equal most).
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:18 pm

redandblack wrote:
Thiele wrote:How did Brad Crouch go in the reserves for the Eagles today

Pretty well, from the stats.

18 disposals, 4 marks, 8 clearances(equal most).

he looked better than some other afl listed players in the eagles seconds
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by robranisgod Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:56 pm

mickyj wrote:What a differance a week in footy is .1 side played Monday and still managed to win against a much better team Laughing
Now I've upset the north fans .What a game it was Eagles fought with effort for a chnage and North tried to play on the otherside of the fence thats how wide they went .
My question for Bays fans Eagles recruited Chris Kane and all we heard is he wasnt as good as his brother .How good is the other one ?

Ben Kane won Glenelg's best and fairest last year.

As for North going wide, they should have learnt from Norwood the week before. I thought the main reason Norwood lost to North was because they seemed to forever go wide. Hence Newton and others were having many shots for goal from near the boundary. Yet North then go out and do the same thing against the Eagles. When you have potential match winners up forward like Stewart, Alleway and Johnston you must go long to the square. They are not going to get outmarked too often, although having said all that they did have dirty days on Saturday and in fact Stewart is having a very dirty season. It looks as thoiugh he is bereft of confidence.
robranisgod
robranisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:40 pm

robranisgod wrote:
mickyj wrote:What a differance a week in footy is .1 side played Monday and still managed to win against a much better team Laughing

Ben Kane won Glenelg's best and fairest last year.

As for North going wide, they should have learnt from Norwood the week before. I thought the main reason Norwood lost to North was because they seemed to forever go wide. Hence Newton and others were having many shots for goal from near the boundary. Yet North then go out and do the same thing against the Eagles. When you have potential match winners up forward like Stewart, Alleway and Johnston you must go long to the square. They are not going to get outmarked too often, although having said all that they did have dirty days on Saturday and in fact Stewart is having a very dirty season. It looks as thoiugh he is bereft of confidence.

could be an afl thing robran is god .Noticed from time certain afl players lack confidence when playing back in the sanfl
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:48 pm

i would suggest the fact North had 6 or 7 out was a major factor in their 'below par' performance
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:40 pm

bayman wrote:i would suggest the fact North had 6 or 7 out was a major factor in their 'below par' performance

Spot on along with no Jarrad no Grocke and no second ruck(a real ruckman not a stand in 190cm backman) for the eagles .

Funny thing bayman I think no Grocke made it harder for North . They weren't maning up 3 or 4 to Grocke all day ie like the bays were able to do .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:07 pm

Interesting point, micky.

That type of thing seems to happen often when a key player is out.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:19 pm

redandblack wrote:Interesting point, micky.

That type of thing seems to happen often when a key player is out.

To be honest they either looked lost or payed no respect for the Eagles forwards in fitzgerald staples and co .kanes goal was shocking in how he just got the ball from a pack and walked through north players to the goal .Or so it seemed from the jarman stand .
Dont get me wrong Day was very lucky to playing he got recalled and the opening free against him was unlucky to allaway .
The best move for the Eagles was Gruffida back and Maca onto the ball .Along with smith back from the Crows Smile

With those north players out the stars all alinged for the Eagles last week .Aint counting my chickens just yet .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:33 pm

I watched the Eagles against Glenelg and thought the Eags defence looked terrible.

McKenzie looked uninterested, Day was awful and Glenelg just waltzed through their defence.

A week changes a lot, micky.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:20 pm

redandblack wrote:I watched the Eagles against Glenelg and thought the Eags defence looked terrible.

McKenzie looked uninterested, Day was awful and Glenelg just waltzed through their defence.

A week changes a lot, micky.

r&b, i think that's very harsh, remember Wwt's kicked 7 points (all very gettable especially at league level) in the first 8 or so minutes when they could've lead by 5 or 6 goals & they kicked 7 points in the last term, the margin Glenelg won by was very flattering considering this & L.Jarrad went off injured as well
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:55 pm

I agree with you, Bayman.

I was only commenting about their backline that day, whichI still think was poor.

As for the game, they should have wrapped it up early, but didn't and I thought Glenelg's forward line dominated them after the first quarter.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next