how old is too old ? (wearing jumpers)

+4
howthewestwaswon
Southee
The Emperor
bayman
8 posters

Go down

how old is too old ? (wearing jumpers) Empty how old is too old ? (wearing jumpers)

Post by bayman Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:34 pm

my son just asked me when i had stopped wearing footy jumpers when going to the footy & i thought about it & said when i was about 16, he then asked me why & i said i don't know but i started wearing club jackets & the like then

so it got me thinking how old is too old to be wearing a footy jumper to the footy ? presuming there would be an age limit
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

how old is too old ? (wearing jumpers) Empty Re: how old is too old ? (wearing jumpers)

Post by The Emperor Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:43 pm

Never too old Very Happy
The Emperor
The Emperor

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

how old is too old ? (wearing jumpers) Empty Re: how old is too old ? (wearing jumpers)

Post by Southee Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:50 pm

One thing that really annoys me (dont ask why!!)

People who wear the fooy jumper in public...like going to the shops, movies or at a pub. (mainly AFL jumpers) They do it alot in Victoria but seems to be creeping over here of late due to the Crows going well.

I have always worn a jumper for when I was at footy training or maybe (like I did this year) going to the SANFL finals.

Just my opinion but if you are going to go out and its not a game day....dress up and look respectable!!! Wink

Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:21 pm

Sorry Southee, but I don't have enough respect for myself... Very Happy

I'd rather look like Mr Rann in your avatar and wear mine proudly wherever!
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:09 pm

Never Bayman!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:18 pm

Oh well each to there own Wink
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:09 am

Freedom of choice I would think. Whereas I don't wear footy jumpers around the streets (or at games for that matter), I do on accasion wear my club's cap, or track suit top because they are comfortable garments to wear.

I don't care less what it looks like, so long as I'm warm and comfortable, that's all that matters to me.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:58 pm

At matches, I'm of the adage that you're never too old to wear a footy guernsey - though in the middle of winter, it's often merely another layer of clothing at matches.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:52 am

I don't wear one anymore but your never to old to wear your footy jumper to a game, I think it looks good with supporters wearing therer club colors to a game and long may it continue. Very Happy Very Happy
testy
testy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:17 pm

testy wrote:

I don't wear one anymore but your never to old to wear your footy jumper to a game, I think it looks good with supporters wearing therer club colors to a game and long may it continue. Very Happy Very Happy

Yes, I've never worn footy jumpers, but I always wear something to display the red & blue of Norwood. It adds colour, and I'm sure the players look into the crowd and appreciate the support.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down