Round 10

4 posters

Go down

Round 10 Empty Round 10

Post by Flag No.10 Wed May 30, 2012 1:00 pm

If Norwood beat South, Central beat Sturt, West beat the Eagles and Glenelg beat North, all conceivable results, there will be a 3-win break between the 4th placed side and the 5th placed. That would be a very surprising scenario in what was predicted to be (and generally has been) a very even competition.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 10 Empty Re: Round 10

Post by howthewestwaswon Wed May 30, 2012 1:02 pm

Another season where arguments for a reduction to a Top 4 could prosper again.

I understand the 'Cinderella' story of 5th position making an impact, but when was the last time a club in 5th place won the flag or even made it to the bid day? scratch

I get that Australians love finals. But what's the point of having them if you basically allow all the teams to contest them? What's the incentive in trying? I'm not suggesting the SANFL does this, but a lot of competitions around our country are top heavy.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Thu May 31, 2012 8:57 am

Flaggy, I hope those preditions come true
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Thu May 31, 2012 12:18 pm

howthewestwaswon wrote:Another season where arguments for a reduction to a Top 4 could prosper again.

I understand the 'Cinderella' story of 5th position making an impact, but when was the last time a club in 5th place won the flag or even made it to the bid day? scratch

I get that Australians love finals. But what's the point of having them if you basically allow all the teams to contest them? What's the incentive in trying? I'm not suggesting the SANFL does this, but a lot of competitions around our country are top heavy.

If the Eagles finish 5th they'd have to be a chance of going all the way. I appreciate what you're saying htwww but there's also an argument that the comp would lose a lot of its interest for many fans if the finals line up was basically settled by round 10.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Thu May 31, 2012 1:39 pm

howthewestwaswon wrote:I get that Australians love finals. But what's the point of having them if you basically allow all the teams to contest them? What's the incentive in trying? I'm not suggesting the SANFL does this, but a lot of competitions around our country are top heavy.

The NBL are notorious for top-heavy finals. I remember when they had a final 8 system for an 11 team competition Shocked

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum