coronavirus & the sanfl what happens ?

+3
whybother
Chambo Off To Work We Go
bayman
7 posters

Go down

coronavirus & the sanfl  what happens ?  Empty coronavirus & the sanfl what happens ?

Post by bayman Thu May 27, 2021 11:08 pm

if the unfortunate happenings in Victoria spread more rapidly & the lockdown doesn't work.....

what happens with

the AFL Reserves teams in the sanfl ?

if they pull out how are all those games worked out, perhaps all would be null & void ?

will the diabolical midseason draft be pulled at the last minute ?

what happens ?

or could happen ?
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

coronavirus & the sanfl  what happens ?  Empty Re: coronavirus & the sanfl what happens ?

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Fri May 28, 2021 9:15 am

qvestions qvestions! Cool

IF Port and Crows pull the pin, I would foresee the SANFL reverting back to last year's format. Which would involve a rewrite of the fixture.

I heard discussion yesterday about the AFL should have been "banking" games earlier than the usual start. This was Eddie Maguire's opinion which did actually sound sane and reasonable for a change.

That discussion also centred on a rolling fixture becoming more prevalent even after Covid is a thing of the past.

I just wonder how long the Crows and Power will remain in the sanfl regardless. As soon as the AFL gets a proper (wider than the VFL) reserves comp together which must happen someday not too far away, I reckon they will be off in a heartbeat.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

coronavirus & the sanfl  what happens ?  Empty Re: coronavirus & the sanfl what happens ?

Post by whybother Sun May 30, 2021 11:19 am

I think that I read that the VFL is now suspended. So that means their AFL teams have nowhere to keep their full list in practice condition. So if Cochy is really concerned about Port AFL having a level playing field re complaints about the SANFL rules, he should immediately remove/suspend Port Reserves aka magpies from playing in SANFL. After all, a level playing field should be maintained for all.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun May 30, 2021 8:50 pm

whybother wrote:I think that I read that the VFL is now suspended. So that means their AFL teams have nowhere to keep their full list in practice condition. So if Cochy is really concerned about Port AFL having a level playing field re complaints about the SANFL rules, he should immediately remove/suspend Port Reserves aka magpies from playing in SANFL. After all, a level playing field should be maintained for all.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

a lot of truth in that too
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:34 pm

The hypothetical that they pull out may mean after this round -  this will mean everyone has played once against them.  Although, of course, 4 have played at Alberton and 4 at home against the Power Res. Not only that, the week to week strength of the sides will be factors in fair/unfair.  So, then, no game is null and void if you play once against them despite this.  I'd like to think we could still get at least an 18 round season, drawn up by an extra match against one team in the top 4 and one team in the bottom 4 bracket.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:41 pm

WAFL suspended for one week at this stage, if things get worse in Australia then perhaps Adelaide & Port may forfeit the rest of the season….hopefully the virus clears up
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:18 am

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but pre-Covid would anybody have ever conceived that footy would be so disrupted to the point of postponements, cancellation of games, rounds, season and even forfeits?

The only similar thing that we have had in 100 years is WW2. So I think anyone predicting such outcomes to footy could only have concluded that a world-scale war would have caused such prevention to the fixture.

My Nostradamus view, is that we will be living with Covid for a long time, even indefinitely. The only redeeming thing being, once everyone is vaccinated the severity of cases is much reduced and it will be like the Flu. You get a shot and hopefully that staves it off for a season until the next one.

It will be the less affluent countries where access to the vaccine is difficult that will compromise this "herd immunity" approach.

But if we get to the herd immunity position a lot quicker than the vaccine roll-out is going right now, then maybe footy carries on unaffected.....maybe next year?
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:30 pm

Should Port and Adelaide don't fly back players for their SANFL sides this week, Central will head down to the Bay to take on Glenelg at League level, as well as the Reserves.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:41 am

Has the SANFL issued any statement?
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by fatty Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:02 pm

Lee wrote:Has the SANFL issued any statement?

yeah right
fatty
fatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum