SANFL Club History Books

2 posters

Go down

SANFL Club History Books Empty SANFL Club History Books

Post by C.K Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:11 pm

There are so many really good SANFL club history books out there. Interested to see the favorites of posters?

Just finished the updated West Adelaide one by Lee Harradine. "Flags Spoons & Knives" updates some information of "Blood Sweat & Tears" but provides a new perspective on many other aspects as well as providing the more recent history. Certainly a very eye opening summary of the politics of football clubs but it also gives a magnificent insider's view of the club. Very highly recommended for neutral fans as well as Bloods diehards.

"The Best Of Both Worlds" the history of Woodville and West Torrens as well as the merged club remains the benchmark for me of club histories. Excellent research and writing style from David Burtenshaw and Peter Cornwall with many fantastic pictures covering the proud history of the respective clubs. If you don't have this in your collection - I cannot recommend it more highly.

"From Poms To Premiers" is another excellent entry which covers Central District. Written by Robert Laidlaw, Robin Mulholland and edited by Peter Cornwall, this explores the Bulldogs in great detail with two passionate Dogs writers who know the club inside out.

Not forgetting "Men of Norwood", which updates the equally insightful "Red and Blue Blooded" by Mike Coward as another exceptionally worthy entry. Fantastic to read so many of the details behind many of the legends of the club, and still a regular read for me.

What are some of the others which are out there as well as those we need to see in the future? A detailed history of South Adelaide is waiting to be written by a devoted Panthers crew without a doubt.
C.K
C.K

Back to top Go down

SANFL Club History Books Empty Re: SANFL Club History Books

Post by blueandwhite Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:48 pm

C.K wrote:There are so many really good SANFL club history books out there. Interested to see the favorites of posters?

Just finished the updated West Adelaide one by Lee Harradine. "Flags Spoons & Knives" updates some information of "Blood Sweat & Tears" but provides a new perspective on many other aspects as well as providing the more recent history. Certainly a very eye opening summary of the politics of football clubs but it also gives a magnificent insider's view of the club. Very highly recommended for neutral fans as well as Bloods diehards.

"The Best Of Both Worlds" the history of Woodville and West Torrens as well as the merged club remains the benchmark for me of club histories. Excellent research and writing style from David Burtenshaw and Peter Cornwall with many fantastic pictures covering the proud history of the respective clubs. If you don't have this in your collection - I cannot recommend it more highly.

"From Poms To Premiers" is another excellent entry which covers Central District. Written by Robert Laidlaw, Robin Mulholland and edited by Peter Cornwall, this explores the Bulldogs in great detail with two passionate Dogs writers who know the club inside out.

Not forgetting "Men of Norwood", which updates the equally insightful "Red and Blue Blooded" by Mike Coward as another exceptionally worthy entry. Fantastic to read so many of the details behind many of the legends of the club, and still a regular read for me.

What are some of the others which are out there as well as those we need to see in the future? A detailed history of South Adelaide is waiting to be written by a devoted Panthers crew without a doubt.

Indeed, South will be celebrating its 150 years in 2026. There is a book underway I assure you. Cool
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down