the coaching roundabout...who's available ?

+15
bayman
Flag No.10
fatty
oldfella
whybother
spell_check
Super Gonz
Scrunch
Thiele
Big Phil
rocket_rooster
IAmTheWarrior
UncleHuey
Scrappy
southern bulldog
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

the coaching roundabout...who's available ? - Page 3 Empty Re: the coaching roundabout...who's available ?

Post by mickyj Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:47 pm

Thanks Bayman I know nothing except from what a friend on Facebook said he was told . Eagles had 15 applications and will interview some of them. Actually five will be interviewed.
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

the coaching roundabout...who's available ? - Page 3 Empty Re: the coaching roundabout...who's available ?

Post by mickyj Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:00 pm

Just so Bayman and other posters understand there's not much coming out of the Eagles just yet . It would be easier learning the
Next liberal person to knife the current PM in the back
Which when you consider it is a good thing .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:08 pm

Seeing the Eagles are saying the new coach will be announced end of October .Anyone have any ideas I've heard Guerra is not in the running .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:02 pm

Here's an article on the sanfl page

Woodville-West Torrens could announce its new Senior Coach early next week as it narrows down its list of candidates to replace premiership mentor Michael Godden.

As many as 19 applicants lodged their interest in the full-time role, with this number now trimmed to eight ahead of the final interview stage late this week.

Speaking on SANFL Radio, Eagles CEO Luke Powell revealed three interviews had taken place in Melbourne on Monday with more scheduled in Adelaide in the next two days.

Applicants have included those with AFL experience or coaching at State League level, with some younger candidates also in the mix to join Sturt’s Nathan Grima and South Adelaide’s Jarrad Wright as being SANFL Senior Coaches under the age of 35.

Powell has been joined on the selection panel by Eagles board member and football director Dave Couzner, Maughan Thiem Auto Group chief executive Daniel Thomas and former Eagles captain Mark McKenzie, who is now Hawthorn’s national recruiting manager.

With former Eagles Jimmy Toumpas (Port Adelaide), Cameron Sutcliffe and Malcolm Karpany (West Coast) being delisted by their AFL clubs, the Eagles are also investigating the possibility of welcoming all three players back to Oval Avenue for 2019.
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Gonz Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:41 am

mickyj wrote:Guerra im hearing is not in the running to coach the Eagles

Didn't even apply......
Super Gonz
Super Gonz

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:55 am

Super Gonz he had a article in the advertiser saying he had interest or something like that .
Going by what was in the post above yours Eagles are going for a younger coach and 3 out of the 19 who applied are Victorians and the Eagles are looking for the younger age coach
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Gonz Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:58 am

mickyj wrote:Super Gonz he had a article in the advertiser saying he had interest or something like that .
Going by what was in the post above yours Eagles are going for a younger coach and 3 out of the 19 who applied are Victorians and the Eagles are looking for the younger age coach

Next coach will probably be a Victorian........Might not be as young as the article says either. Watch this space.
Super Gonz
Super Gonz

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:58 am

Luke Powell said they received some applicants from Spain and Italy. They got their football mixed up.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:09 am

That's pretty common. West had similar applicants who just see 'football' and have probably never heard of Aussie Rules.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Feathers Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:09 pm

Eagles still to interview a couple of applicants from SA. Would think the interviewing committee would make a recommendation for the Board to consider at their Wednesday (31/10) board meeting and if accepted a new coach to be announced on either Thursday or Friday next week.
Feathers
Feathers

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:42 pm

Feathers wrote:Eagles still to interview a couple of applicants from SA. Would think the interviewing committee would make a recommendation for the Board to consider at their Wednesday (31/10) board meeting and if accepted a new coach to be announced on either Thursday or Friday next week.
I hope its a SA person. At least they understand our comp. My pref is an ex Eagles player if available as he knows our culture.
McGuane though seems to have good results in the ED comp. Some high quality players from his club over the years.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:25 pm

I'm on my phone for some reason I can't quote.
I would hope they get the man they want to take the club to the next level .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3