Oakbank becomes Jokebank

+2
A Mum
bayman
6 posters

Go down

Oakbank becomes Jokebank  Empty Oakbank becomes Jokebank

Post by bayman Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:43 pm

i heard Dennis Markham on Radiotab this morning mention that Oakbank this week has a $30.00 admission price & $10.00 for kids.....an effin joke & while we were going to go up monday no way at that price, with food & petrol i'm about $100.00 down before starting....yep Oakbank is now Jokebank

& i'll be watching the footy & the jumps races on tv at home
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Oakbank becomes Jokebank  Empty Re: Oakbank becomes Jokebank

Post by A Mum Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:39 pm

Wow that's huge Shocked
Surely not.

A Mum
A Mum

Teams : Adelaide Crows - South Adelaide
My club : crows

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:56 am

Way too much for the ordinary worker, with petrol prices going through the roof plus other costs put on us (without any pay increases) it will be interesting to see if they still attract a crowd.
testy
testy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:41 pm

Must agree, I was thinking of heading up for a good look and maybe a flutter.
You’d think having the anti-jumps racing lobby getting stuck in these days, they’d be doing all they could
to promote and appeal to all possible mug punters.

Those admission prices look like ‘event suicide’ to me. Nah, think I’ll pass, the weather forecast doesn’t look too clever.
And for some strange reason paying $30 bucks just to stand in the rain and lose even more dough betting has just lost it’s appeal.
No, I’m gonna back a sure winner - fun with good mates at our nice, warm, dry pub. C’mon happy hour !

p.s. I’ll feel a bit guilty leaving Fort Battle-Axe up there on her own though. I forget which race she’s in.

Luv,
Sabre.
Sabre
Sabre

Teams : Norwood
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:03 pm

Please dont take this personally as its only my view. (I am not in any anti jumping group FYI)

I refuse to go on the principle of my belief that it is one of the most "sickest" sports out there. I have been invited a few times but the thought of drinking wine and eating cheese platters with the "IT" crowd while watching animals getting whipped and told to jump over brushes make me SICK!!

The sooner its banned the better!! Mad
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:15 pm

Southee wrote:Please dont take this personally as its only my view. (I am not in any anti jumping group FYI)

I refuse to go on the principle of my belief that it is one of the most "sickest" sports out there. I have been invited a few times but the thought of drinking wine and eating cheese platters with the "IT" crowd while watching animals getting whipped and told to jump over brushes make me SICK!!

The sooner its banned the better!! Mad

with respect Southee,
do you know what would happen to these horses who get very very well looked after if jumping races (jumping is a natural thing for a horse), some more placid ones would end up as riding hacks for girls & boys, some would end up doing equestrian events & most would end up at 'the doggers' for cat & dog meat, people with horses love their horses, firstly there is a whip rule in place & trust me you need a whip at times to use as a steering mechanism (mainly young horses) most riders these days very rarely use the whip over the jumps & will ease the horse out of the event if the horse is showing signs of tiredness by trying to look after them, the last point that i never see made anywhere is that more horses die in the paddock when spelling than they do on a racecourse, this can be for a range of reasons such as colic, snake bite, spider bite, getting stuck in a mud (gluepot) bog type of thing (i've seen that) the horse died from dehydration & many more...............................can i add if you look at our jumps & compare them to Europe you'd say ours were very small & the last bit i'll say now i believe that the use of the ''safer brush'' jumps have resulted in some of the horses mistakes as the horse learns to skim through it & then clips & falls rather than to jump it

lots of love bayman
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:09 pm

Southee, I understand your thoughts and as a person who loves to watch horse racing let me say I hate to see horses fall and get hurt also, but as Bayman has pointed out more horses die or get hurt away from the track.
Inside running rails at the races are now made to "give way" if a horse goes through it and at most major trotting tracks they have done away with them completely, these are just some of the safety aspects that have come into the sport of racing over the past few years. I respect your view, my wife has similar thoughts.

P.S. My avatar is the famous Takeover Target, what a great horse he was, now living the life of retired luxury after winning his owner $6,000,000.He was bought for $1250.

testy
testy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:47 pm

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/horse-dies-in-oakbank-steeplechase/story-e6frea6u-1226321095790

A sad day Sad

As the fashion shows and alcohol flows...

This was an older horse too Sad

Respect your view guys but why are we one of the only states that has jumps ??
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by The Emperor Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:38 am

Watch some of the jumping races from the UK and you will see horses who have had jockeys that have fallen off, leading the other runners over the jumps when they could easily run around them.

As stated above without jumps racing these horses would be dead.
The Emperor
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down