Worst SANFL Team Ever (in any grade)

3 posters

Go down

Worst SANFL Team Ever (in any grade) Empty Worst SANFL Team Ever (in any grade)

Post by Bugsy+1 Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:08 pm

Hi Spelly,

Currently the SANFL Reserves comp has bottom placed Port Adelaide showing a 0-16 win/loss record for 2018 accompanied by a % of 21.84.

Pretty ordinary season for the poor lads involved with that outfit.

I remember some of Woodville's U17 teams during the 1980s achieved similar results.

So my question is - is there a SANFL team in any grade of any year who have been winless and also registered a sub 20% scoreline for the season?

Perhaps a list of the top 10 All-time Worst SANFL teams - I'd expect to see some Woodville teams in there !

Thanks
Bugsy+1
Bugsy+1

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Worst SANFL Team Ever (in any grade) Empty Re: Worst SANFL Team Ever (in any grade)

Post by spell_check Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:42 pm

Yes, there has been.  But the problem with most of the entries I have is the incomplete results for most of the seasons.  I cannot find many results from the 19s and 17s early days (and also, in a number of seasons, I cannot even find a points for and against ladder to at least ascertain the actual percentage). Also, these are my calculations - often there are differences of a few points, so the percentages may vary slightly with what was published.

You actually won't find Woodville entries in here.  The seasons the Under 19s were winless (1980 with a draw, and 1987), and the Under 17s (1980, 1984, 1986 and 1987), all were better than 20%.  The Under 17s in 1990 had a % of just 15.49, but managed to win one match.

Worst SANFL Team Ever (in any grade) Percen10
The number of times * appears is how many matches I'm missing for that team in that year.
The lowest percentage in the League is 20.54 by West in 1898
The lowest percentage in the Reserves is 25.30 by South in 2001...so Port will most likely beat that.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Worst SANFL Team Ever (in any grade) Empty Re: Worst SANFL Team Ever (in any grade)

Post by Bugsy+1 Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:53 pm

Thanks so much Spelly for your answer.

Amazing how South and Glenelg struggled in the lower grades for so many years - 1952 must have been a great year to be a junior player at the SAFC !
Bugsy+1
Bugsy+1

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:31 pm

Interesting ...I wonder if its not too much trouble Spelly...could you get your hands on South Win/loss record by the years from 1945-1960.....??
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:10 pm

Do you want each grade?
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:53 pm

spell_check wrote:Do you want each grade?

no just the league thanks
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum